Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-24-2005, 10:20 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
He's got you there RC45, he must be a psychologist, he described you perfectly , so chill a bit and don't get offended that fast, the Vette is really good, but not that good.
btw, I almost had an heart attack when you described yourself Don't ever do that again, it might kill me next time
Dunno bout "got me" - I didn't know it was "can I get him thread" hehe

Youhave to admit, if you say that raw data - and it was NOT about the Corvette - you would not be so skeptical

You know that if the car under discussion was a new version of some top line Ferrari or Porker, there would be speculation that the improvements would blow people out of the water.. and NO-ONE would object.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:39 PM   #32
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

If in that time you haven't realized that I am one of the more realistic, honest and pragmatic folks who posts on this site, you are rather inobservant.

I am also far more realistic about this or any cars performance, than most visitors on the entire Internet, let alone just this website and I do not lightly make any claim.

I am also the first person in line to criticize the Corvette on all fronts, so nice attempt to "corner me" - but you need to try a lot harder.
Sorry but
HAHAHAHAHA same thing i thought.

Yea and I love AUDI.
Actually name a single instance where the information I have posted has been disproven?

Not opinion - but information.

Ah fuck it... you try and provide some food for thought and spice up discussions and all that happens is people run around trying to shout down everything.

It is like everyone is a SlashDot nerd crouching in front of their monitor just waiting to fire off a volley to disprove anything posted.

:roll:
Shall i list some of you whorings?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:44 PM   #33
blah
Regular User

He's got you there RC45, he must be a psychologist, he described you perfectly , so chill a bit and don't get offended that fast, the Vette is really good, but not that good.
btw, I almost had an heart attack when you described yourself Don't ever do that again, it might kill me next time

Youhave to admit, if you say that raw data - and it was NOT about the Corvette - you would not be so skeptical

You know that if the car under discussion was a new version of some top line Ferrari or Porker, there would be speculation that the improvements would blow people out of the water.. and NO-ONE would object.

Porsches are perfect in everyway possible.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

Why does everyone assume if you like one brand - you must obviously dislike he other?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #35
godspeed06
Regular User

haha, except that the engineers had their heads up their asses, and the engines followed suit... but besides that, i guess they arent bad

randomly off topic, a really nice turbo flew past me today at around 100 while i was going like 25... damn thing sounded like a gunwhip - scared teh shit out of me.

oh yea, id still take one .
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #36
blah
Regular User

Why does everyone assume if you like one brand - you must obviously dislike he other?
Why are you assuming that im assuming? What exactly are you assuming that im assuming???? Is it right to assume that you assumed that i was assuming, making your assumption that i was assuming incorrect? Because i was not assuming, i was just talking bout Porsche.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:19 PM   #37
666fast
Regular User

Welcome to the internets. I hate you, UR MOM, screw your president, why do you hate freedom!!!!?!?!?!?!11?!!
kthxbye

I don't know what it will run around the Nurburgring, I'm sure eager to find out though. I'm sure it'll be pleasently surprising.
Don't worry though RC, people will still find any reason possible to dismiss the Corvette. Afterall, it's fashionable to knock american cars these days, regardless of how good they really are.
That said, I hope it's damn fast.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #38
blah
Regular User

Pussy WHOP!
Old 06-25-2005, 12:04 AM   #39
Global Warming
Regular User

RC45 it seems like you are a little jealous of the Z06 and are actually hoping its does poorly on the Nurburgring. You disguise it well but everything you say seems to be about how great your C5 is and how even if the C6 is better its “not by enough to matter”. Or something to that effect...
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:17 AM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
RC45 it seems like you are a little jealous of the Z06 and are actually hoping its does poorly on the Nurburgring. You disguise it well but everything you say seems to be about how great your C5 is and how even if the C6 is better its “not by enough to matter”. Or something to that effect...
Jeaulous? I think not - I don't like the cars coupe profile and as a new car it is far more expensive than I want to spend on something that's gonna wear out.

As a used car in a number of years it would be a decent purchase just for the performance, but I do not like how it looks.

Had the C6 Z06 been a fixed roof coupe I would all over it. It isn't so I'm not.

The truth is that the C5 Z06 is a very accomplished car that won't suddenly slow down when the C6 Z06 arrives - in the mean time I am far from "hoping it performs poorly" - considering I and many others are watch the C6 Z06 wheels a brakes with great interest as they be great upgardes for our C5 Z's.

I am not a "must get the newest fad to stay cool" type of person. And unless the C6 Z06 does post a significant improvement (which it would seem it will be capable of) it will be a case of “not by enough to matter”. Why would any one pay a $20 to $30,000 premium just to get a newer car that as only an incremental improvement?

Performance wise it should be a great leap forward - or not
Old 06-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #41
Global Warming
Regular User

Ahhh.. You are too good to be jealous. Check.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Ahhh.. You are too good to be jealous. Check.
As an owner of any current performance item (car, bike, PC, camera etc) you have to be realistic and realise that there is always going to be a newer, better,bigger, faster and sometimes even cheaper model coming along.

Some people have a personality that always need to brandish and showoff the latest and newest etc as justification of sel worth - others of us are not like that.

Just because you don't chase after the latest and greatest does not mean you "are too good" for the latest edition - it just means you don't want it.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #43
Global Warming
Regular User

As a used car in a number of years it would be a decent purchase just for the performance, but I do not like how it looks.
Just so everyone understands what RC45 just said…

The new 2006 Z06 will become a good car to buy when it becomes used and inferior to the next “Top Vette” model….

Like RC’s C5 is now to the 2006 Z06….

P.S. 99 out of 100 people, or so, will think this vette looks a lot better than your C5.
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:57 AM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Just so everyone understands what RC45 just said…

The new 2006 Z06 will become a good car to buy when it becomes used and inferior to the next “Top Vette” model….

Like RC’s C5 is now to the 2006 Z06….

P.S. 99 out of 100 people, or so, will think this vette looks a lot better than your C5.
No - just so everyone unerstands its time for this pointless shit to stop.

Either contribute something to the discussion or just fuck off.

The topic wasn't opened for people to come over and spout ignorant shit about exactly why they dislike Corvettes (or any American car for that matter)

If people have nothing valid to contribute just stay out.

:roll:
Old 06-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #45
RC45
Regular User

There - topic cleansed of pissing-contest and dick-waving posts and reopened.

People are always going to have differing opinions - it all comes down to how we express them