Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #31
FoxFour
Regular User

The styling cue that they were indeed inspired upon were the '70 Challenger, a very agressive looking automobile. Now I know that many of you are probably saying ' Look what they did to the Charger -but I believe that somebody within the company had a grand plan. You can't have two, two-door muscle cars competing with each other, especially two cars under the same Brand. It's not the 1960's any more, look what happened to the Camaro and Firebird, part of which hurt sales was the fact that you had two cars effectively competing with each other.
In other words, they need to keep this car agressive looking. This car was agressive looking then and they need to keep it the same in the future. Even the '67 Mustang (from which the '05 was penned) was not as aggressive as this car was. The Dodge boys desinged the '70 Challenger as a young man's muscle car.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #32
DodgeMan1969
Regular User

Originally Posted by number77
Originally Posted by gigdy
I really like the back, but the front looks like it might have too large of a bumper to grill ratio.
I agree. But to me the front looks to short and long. If they made the grill area abit taller, not as tall as the aston martin vanquish, but a bit taller, I think it would look better.
Rumor is that it has a very powerful 392 racing engine in the car.
im sorry i'm pretty sure its hemis only
DodgeMan1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 AM   #33
Gyrus

Nice to see that Mopar still has its designing tallent after dead 80's and 90's.

I'm hoping to see Plymouth's come back in future, maybe duster
Gyrus is offline   Reply With Quote