Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 06-12-2003, 04:04 PM   #16
gis
Regular User

i wud choose a c5 or zo6 over a 996tt,but i wouldnt choose them over a gt2

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 04:21 PM   #17
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
i wud choose a c5 or zo6 over a 996tt,but i wouldnt choose them over a gt2
Exactly, a GT2 is just too damn sweet.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #18
toprpm
Regular User

Default zo6

i did drive the Zo6. It is fast ..what i didn't like the handling and the cournring ..it was scary ..to drive fast ...i would use it as a drag race but not in high ways ...NO WAY
toprpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 12:34 AM   #19
maalox
Regular User

I respect Corvettes but have never really been interested in them (like if I had a choice between a Corvette and like an M3, I'd take the M3 despite the performance deficit). I dunno, the looks/big V8 don't really do it for me. (There's a z06 up the street, so I have definitely had a long hard look at it! I have to admit that it has incredible presence in real life.)
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 12:34 AM   #20
maalox
Regular User

edit: double post... my internet is hardcore messed right now
Old 06-18-2003, 01:09 PM   #21
troskap
Regular User

Well, given that this is a Corvette post, you all might find this site interesting. Here's a guy in the Northwest US that bought himself a C3, and pretty much went nuts on it.

The car is a FREAK. Twin-screw supercharger, reworked engine, etc., etc. Supposedly the car is putting out around 1000+ horses at the wheels, and 900 ft-lbs of torque at 3,800 rpm! :shock: Don't want to even think of how unwieldy the beast is, but it looks good ... can't imagine how much money this guy spent, either. Unfortunately, he took down the videos he had at the site, but it sounded and looked rather impressive, at least.

He has more pics and running commentary on his site:
http://www.stevenkamis.com/Cars/MyVette/

P.S. Sorry about the photo size! Still trying to get a grip on what's the best size to post that shot with

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:11 PM   #22
SplitVision8
Regular User

that thing reminds me of the bat mobile... :shock:
SplitVision8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:31 PM   #23
crochico
Regular User

Originally Posted by SplitVision8
that thing reminds me of the bat mobile... :shock:
while i was at the weekly "Pre 79 and special interest" car show which takes place at the mall parking lot, some guy actually had a hand build replica of the batmobile.. you should have seen the things, next week i'll be sure to take pics and hopefully he's back.. there were quite a few vettes, and a nice yellow C5 supercharged convertible putting out 510rwhp.... i also saw a Nova SS, couple of challengers, a charger, lots of old mustangs.. one guy tried to some in with his 89 camaro, and they told him to leave, so on his way out he decided to nearly hit a couple of cars as he wildly did a burnt out and went back to his cave
crochico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #24
AlienDB7
Regular User

Spy shots for the next gen corvette (C6):

AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:02 PM   #25
SplitVision8
Regular User

i've heard that they changed the tail lights on the new one and the headlights weren't flip-ups anymore
SplitVision8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:45 PM   #26
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by SplitVision8
i've heard that they changed the tail lights on the new one and the headlights weren't flip-ups anymore
Heh, it looks as if you heard wrong. LOL!

I've seen that twin supercharged vette before, I downloaded the vids a long time ago, be glad they aren't there to waste your time. They sucked. Who wants to download at 2kb/sec for 50 MB only to get a 2 minute video? The vids weren't compressed at all methinks.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #27
maalox
Regular User

Man, that C6 looks like an evolutionary change, not a major shakeup. I think the Corvette needs a bit more than some new taillights and headlights in order to catch up looks-wise. I hope they don't pull an NSX.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #28
Anonymous

Originally Posted by d100x
The best thing about Vettes is that you can drive them in the winter. We have a lot of snow here, and also a very unusual number of Corvette drivers, and many don't store them in garages. I think it's because they're made of fiberglass; Chevrolet will do just about anything to make it lighter.
Oh boy is that ever wrong. Vettes have a plastic skin. Underneath that skin is lots of metal, they rust out in places you cant see. One point in particular is the A-Pillar a t-bone shaped boxed steel piece that connects to the frame and holds the windshield and is the door hinge post that the door hangs from. when these rust the doors fall off no fooling. Also the windshield will crack as a sign of rusting in the early phases, it lets the window frame twist too much and the glass breaks.

They are not light for there method of building. A early model camaro is much lighter than a vette.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:45 PM   #29
SilverPhoenix
Regular User

Hey My own C5 for the pix collection

SilverPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:25 PM   #30
DanielW
Regular User

DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote