Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-02-2004, 06:46 AM   #1
is64fun
Regular User

Default who is and will be the best in f1?

well I think kimi is the best and will be the best when mclaren finds the solutions for the reliable powerful and extremely fast car. (hopefuly the new mp4-20) the ones who still support schumi, schumi is a good pilot but also the luckiest. he has a very very good car. but even this SUPER!!! car did not bring him the first place in belgium which is accepted as the circuit which seperates good pilots from the best pilots...

Ferrari and Schumi, i hope you can get the second place...
is64fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:49 AM   #2
frozzu
Regular User

Schumi is the best now (though I don't like him, but he just is). And kimi will be the best in a few years.
frozzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Schumie is the best. What more records does he have to break to prove it too u???

Kimi is overrated and when Montoya joins the team next year I can see some good team tension their spice up the mclaren camp.

Alonso has to be a future champion, anyone that can stick their finger up at a rival while in the middle of a crash(monaco) has the skill

Future champion could be any number of drivers but while Schumie is racing he is King
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i think we're overlooking Barricello (as usual) keep in mind that he has held off Kimi, Button and Alonso. Button being the only one of the three to consistently join the Tifosi on the podium. He has pressed everyone, including Schumi, and has set fastest lap form second place more than Schumacher has in first. The only reason the Rubens hasn't won more races this year is becasue of the team orders that hold Michael as the No. 1 driver in the Ferrari camp.

Once Schumi retires, i think Barrichello will be taking over as World Champion.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #5
JoeHahn
Regular User

Mark Webber will be better than Kimi, Alonso and Montoya. That guy has so much more talent, we'll wait and see next year.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:21 PM   #6
CSedl87
Regular User

Ayrton Senna was by far the best overall. If he hadn't died in Italy, he'd still have all the records today. Schumi is good, but Ayrton better. I see Button coming into his own possibly next year. Kimi, Barrichello, and I'd say possibly webber.
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #7
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
i think we're overlooking Barricello (as usual) keep in mind that he has held off Kimi, Button and Alonso. Button being the only one of the three to consistently join the Tifosi on the podium. He has pressed everyone, including Schumi, and has set fastest lap form second place more than Schumacher has in first. The only reason the Rubens hasn't won more races this year is becasue of the team orders that hold Michael as the No. 1 driver in the Ferrari camp.

Once Schumi retires, i think Barrichello will be taking over as World Champion.
damn right
Schumi is the man right now, but once he retires Rubens should be able to hold off the rest of the field rather well. He's a very consistent driver and has loads and loads of talent, so combined with the best car Ferrari can offer him he'll easily take Michael's crown.
unless of course Ferrari picks up some other driver that takes everyone by surprise...
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

what if valentino rossi comes to F1...?
honestly, you cant have so many records if you arent an amazing driver backed by a great car
any who have had the pleasure of seeing Shumi race really knows he is more then just a telented pilot, but a great stratigist as well, as he is able to get himself to glory by a series of superbly fast laps to get himself ahead of the pack for his pit.

the future champ? hopefully shumi again a few more times... set the bar so high, i see no problem with that
Old 10-03-2004, 01:34 AM   #9
DUNKiNUTS

does this really need to be a question? Schumi. or Andretti?
DUNKiNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:35 AM   #10
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i dunno if rossi could make the cut with two extr wheels under him. he may have a hard time coping with sitting still in the car and not leaning into the turns.

Old 10-03-2004, 01:37 AM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by DUNKiNUTS
does this really need to be a question? Schumi. or Andretti?
are you nuts? Schumi by a long shot. Andretti was quick, but not fast. he should have stayed with CART/IRL or whatever league it was he raced in.

Old 10-03-2004, 02:50 AM   #12
Toronto
Regular User

ok guys,

Barricello is about the same age as schumi, and when one leave the other would leave soon after,

webber is rather old
kimi is a baby
montoya is montoya

Schumi. or Andretti?
which one younge Andretti in F1 was a joke, senna was the only man keeping mclaren alive in 1993

and the old one, is just over hyped, way over hyped.

schumi is the greatest driver out there period.

as for senna vs. schumi, when they raced senna had the fastest car (1994), and schumi won more races. but that doesn't say anything schumi would have still have mayb 7 world titles and senna 5 or just about, if you kinda guess

...1993- senna 3 titles
1994- Schumi 1
1995 - schumi 2
1996 - senna 4
1997 - senna 5 senna's last year prob.
1998-2004 schumi give or take

schumi and senna are very different and not just in driving, but they both have the pasion for it (unlike what most british press would have you think)

the next big thing in f1 (who are in f1 now) is going to be
ME
alonso
sato (he is real quick just needs a better car)
ralf if he gets back into his groove
and glock seemed rather quick in the racese that he was in.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:11 AM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Barricello is about the same age as schumi, and when one leave the other would leave soon after,

webber is rather old
kimi is a baby
montoya is montoya
Barrichello wants to be WC, i think if he sticks around and secures one or two he'll have put himself up with Schumi. He has the talent and the patience to do it. He'll never be better than Schumi, IMO but he will be regarded as one of the top drivers.

Webber i think has acclimated himself to a slow and uncompetitve car. I doubt he'll ever be comfortable in something truly fast. Sauber or Renault tops. Neither one Championship material.

Kimi, eh, i have mixed feelings about his talent. He is a good driver but his attitude gets the better of him. 2005 is going to be very ineresting in the McLaren camp with him and Montoya sharing garage space.

as for Montoya....as soon as he grows up a bit and curbs his impulse disorder, i can see him winning some races. as for being the best though, forget it.

From Alonso down, i would have to agree with Toronto. but the top spot on that list is going to have to go to me.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:47 AM   #14
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Originally Posted by CSedl87
Ayrton Senna was by far the best overall. If he hadn't died in Italy, he'd still have all the records today. Schumi is good, but Ayrton better. I see Button coming into his own possibly next year. Kimi, Barrichello, and I'd say possibly webber.
Im just interested by how you think this is the case? Unless your age on the left is incorrect, you were 7 when he died. Soo most of your F1 viewing Champions has been Schumie, Hill, Villi, Mansel, Hakken, era.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:55 AM   #15
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE
Originally Posted by CSedl87
Im just interested by how you think this is the case? Unless your age on the left is incorrect, you were 7 when he died. Soo most of your F1 viewing Champions has been Schumie, Hill, Villi, Mansel, Hakken, era.
I'm not sure where you're from speedcore, but if you live in the US you should know that SPEED channel has a show called Formula 1 Decade, where they show the races from 10 years ago, so it is possible that he has seen footage of Senna's victories. And thanks to the internet and sites like this one, footage from his races are easily attainable.

and if you aren't from the US, there is a cable tv station called SPEED channel. (read the above statement from here on)