Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-23-2003, 07:11 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default WRC - Rally of Germany this weekend!

So, another tarmac event this week-end! Germany.. not really the first time WRC is there, but almost!

Last year the Citroen impressed us... this year they should be good too, but the new Focus is more and more fast, the 206s are still the best cars around even if they had some riliability problems lately.
Makinen and Peter would push hard on their Imprezas
And most important, the Skoda put to sleep the Octavia and present finally the Fabia WRC!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see if it can end the rally and maybe better than the Accents!

To bad Europsport here does only a 30 min resume for every day of the rally.. but better than nothing
Old 07-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #2
Ziploc
Regular User

new fabia debuts! can't wait!
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:29 AM   #3
novass
Regular User

ya i cant wait to see the Fabia! i hope it does well so it can throw a little mix into the leaderboard. im glad they chose a tarmac event to unviel it too. those cars always look so good when setup for the tarmac.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:14 AM   #4
geekdiggy
Regular User

those cars always look so good when setup for the tarmac.
i thought i was the only one who thought that 8)

i think people are overrating the fabia seeing that it's new and hot, but it won't climb the leaderboard just yet, so feels toni and didier. but i think it will be just up there in the running on the same level as the new focus and the impreza. but citroen and peugeot are on a completely different level.

i'd like panizzi to win but i'm predicting it'll be sainz. noone's expecting him to win.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:24 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

I don't expect it to fight with Focus and Imprezas.. especially now that the Fords improved so much!

But I'm sure the new Skoda can do better than the Hyundais if it will have reliability!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:50 AM   #6
Ziploc
Regular User

i was extremly impressed with ford when they rolled out that hideous focus

but it was unbeatable

till it dug a bit :roll: such a dumb weakness both cars out on the same stage with the same problem
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 05:43 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Dang, SS1 completed and Gardemeister and Auriol only placed 12 and 13th... I guess there is still lot of work to do? LOL
Old 07-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Uhm.. we are in the middle of day one... 4 SS done and another 3 to go for today..

And Martin with his Focus are setting the pace for the others! He won SS3 and 4 while Burns snatched 1 & 2 and the Brit is second overall.
Gronhölm only 3rd, but still plenty of time to close that 20 seconds gap he has at the moment.
Loeb is close behind in the first of the Xsara, Then MyRae and 6th is Panizzi, followed closely by Sainz and Duval.
Deceive Imprezas: Makinen 9th and Solberg only 11th.
Even worst for the new Fabias: Gardemeister 13th, and Auriol only 17th, while the Accents are 15th and 16th..

But the first 11 are in a minute so the fight is still well open!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:14 PM   #9
geekdiggy
Regular User

appreciate the newsflash there TT great way to get your post count up, but save your time and energy (by sacrificing post count :roll: ) and tell everybody to go to www.wrc.com for an update

btw, isn't this car so appetizing?

Old 07-25-2003, 06:26 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by geekdiggy
appreciate the newsflash there TT great way to get your post count up, but save your time and energy (by sacrificing post count :roll: ) and tell everybody to go to www.wrc.com for an update

btw, isn't this car so appetizing?

LMAO, don't call me postwhore or at least say it fully

I think everybody already know wrc.com, and I hope not to be the only onse using their live radio! It's great!!! Highly recomended

As for my posts.. I just try to light up the discussion here, but I suppose there are not many WRC fans around
Old 07-26-2003, 03:48 AM   #11
geekdiggy
Regular User

i think i've raised my sexy points by about 9.4 just by posting a pic of the fabia.

just heard the rally radio and marcus has slashed his deficit to burns down to .7 seconds.

*edit* we have a new rally leader. need i mention names? 8)