Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
husyk
Regular User

Default Would Top Gear ever compete in Gumball 3000?

Wouldn't it be awesome to see the Top Gear crew wether offcialy or not take part in the Gumball 3000? Could be an awesome spectacle, might not work due to the BBC though.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by husyk View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome to see the Top Gear crew wether offcialy or not take part in the Gumball 3000? Could be an awesome spectacle, might not work due to the BBC though.
Not going to happen... judging by Clarkson's forced apology for crossing the double white line in Sunday's episode... zero condoning of driving in any illegal manner on public roads on the publicly funded BBC.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Man it would be awesome to see the boys in a gumball rally. Jeremy in his Gallardo, Richard in his Morgan, and James in his.......Panda
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Gumball 3000 is a joke. Besides BBC wouldn't condone such thing. This race entering North Korea alone has so many political implications...

It'd be stupid.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Ghostbat
Regular User

That won't happen for obvious reasons.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
CarlZ
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life View Post
Man it would be awesome to see the boys in a gumball rally. Jeremy in his Gallardo, Richard in his Morgan, and James in his.......Panda
I thought Jezza sold his lambo? anyway shame it's newer to happen...unless top gear stops existing, but I don't like this option.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
genesis
Regular User

probably not going to happen anytime soon since the problems of the last gumball 3000. where one of the drivers hit and maybe killed a pedestrian driving fast and did not stop to see what ahppened and drove off. i also, would highly doubt the bbc would allow them to enter or be part of something pretty much illegal so to speak. they are ambassadors for the bbc. i would love for them to do it. i think it would be great. they could hav a two show epsiode of it. it would very nice to see. i wonder though if they would get new cars at each stint of the race. that would be kool.
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote