Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 AM   #1
sheruken
Regular User

Default Can some1 recommend a good Architectural Software?

The heading probably came out wrong to you. Let me explain it to you in a nutshell. I am renovating my place. I have a good vision about how I want things to be, in My head. I want to be able to explain my contractor etc, on how I want things. So does anyone know a good 3D HomeDesign software which I can use?

I do have some experience in 2D animation and some basic 3D application use, but I am not a pro at it. So all in all, a decent software that can basically get the job, decently done..

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
davide
Regular User

Isn't CAD a good program?

Don't know much about CAD, but that's the program my friend in Sydney uses for her architect studies.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Skaala
Regular User

^yep, AutoCAD is a good program. We use it at work, for designing boats. I use it as well for drawing floor plans and exterior expansion for our cabin.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 AM   #4
Dubai
Regular User

I know that SketchUp is easy to use. Give it a try

I am an architect,and I use Form-Z & ArchiCAD for modeling and drafting.
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

My dad is architect and ArchiCAD is VERY good, but also not easy to master if you want a quick job done
Old 10-12-2006, 03:18 AM   #6
sheruken
Regular User

Thank you all, for the response. I tried a few "demos" recommended by you, and most of em all are too professional for someone like me, who doesnt even know e of engineering. I did find one a few pages after google-ing, its called "Chief Architect", its simple to use yet amazingly deep and professional. I loved Google Sketchup too, but thats mainly for exterior designing, which is fun, but not what I am looking for. I just want to make a layout similar to my "apartment" give doors and windows and put all the necesarry things at the right places. Even though Chief Architect is pretty good, its too expensive and importing it to India will cost me 2ice the price due to, all the duty and stuff..

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I'll check out ArchiCad, which I havent checked out yet.

Although if someone does stumble upon a good simple, easy to use, unexpensive software that I can buy off the internet, please let me know.