Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-25-2004, 03:48 AM   #1
itsthepham

Default Windows Media Player 10

Out now in Beta version...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx

pros :: eyecandy
cons :: not yet compatible with miniplayer (toolbar player)

Someone get it and tell me how it is. lol...I'm too lazy. haha
itsthepham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:49 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

10? LOL I use WMP 7.0 myself!! I doubt I will ever try this especially since I bet win98 can't handle it
Old 07-25-2004, 03:50 AM   #3
aks
Regular User

i got it, but like all microsoft betas, it's way too buggy. can become quite unstable at times. :x

i got it ages ago, if it's still in beta version then it shows microsoft has a lot of things to fix!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:53 AM   #4
itsthepham

Originally Posted by TT
10? LOL I use WMP 7.0 myself!! I doubt I will ever try this especially since I bet win98 can't handle it
LOL TT. I think someone needs to upgrade their computer. are you seriously running 98 still and with all those videos you download. If I must...I will build you a new computer. But...you're brave....too brave for me.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:53 AM   #5
itsthepham

Originally Posted by aks
i got it, but like all microsoft betas, it's way too buggy. can become quite unstable at times. :x

i got it ages ago, if it's still in beta version then it shows microsoft has a lot of things to fix!
hmm....seems to me that I'll wait until a final version is released. Dont want to deal with any bugs and what not. But it seems so nice. haha :shock:
Old 07-25-2004, 04:02 AM   #6
aks
Regular User

hmm....seems to me that I'll wait until a final version is released. Dont want to deal with any bugs and what not. But it seems so nice. haha
looks can be deceiving my man, especially with microsoft. it's become very frustrating but all i can do is put up with it because i can't find a decent player that i can switch between two desktops (i have a tv out and so i watch all my vids on my tv )

if anyone can suggest a better video player i would really appreciate it!

and TT; windows 98 and wmp 7!?!?! c'mon man, my mother is running better than that and she hardly knows how to use the computer!!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:19 AM   #7
itsthepham

lol...TT....two against your computer. I think its time to invest in some upgrades.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:02 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

HAHA you could easily add at least Jabba and thamar to your "fight TT's PC club"

If I run Win98 is because I'm used to it, and WinXP has nothing I really need.. just a fancy look IMO I use the PC just to surf the net and watch vids, and it works perfectly, so why to upgrade? I have of course the WinXP install CD here with me, but never used it I also have to admit I am to scared to format the PC and install a new OS, hoping all the hardware will work again and such

But I guess one day it will happen. I could upgrade to XP when MS will release their next one
Old 07-25-2004, 06:01 AM   #9
itsthepham

Originally Posted by TT
HAHA you could easily add at least Jabba and thamar to your "fight TT's PC club"

If I run Win98 is because I'm used to it, and WinXP has nothing I really need.. just a fancy look IMO I use the PC just to surf the net and watch vids, and it works perfectly, so why to upgrade? I have of course the WinXP install CD here with me, but never used it I also have to admit I am to scared to format the PC and install a new OS, hoping all the hardware will work again and such

But I guess one day it will happen. I could upgrade to XP when MS will release their next one
LOL TT. you are true on various details....such as hardware problems and what not. you should just wait until Windows releases longhorn...lol and then build your ultimate video playing netsurfing computer. =] I guess you have no need for upgrades....you win this round... *shakes fist* :x

Old 07-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #10
graywolf624
Regular User

use the PC just to surf the net and watch vids, and it works perfectly, so why to upgrade?
Better security, more stable, more features....
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:17 AM   #11
Xploded
Regular User

Iv got media player 10 beta installed at the moment, its a fair bit buggy and dosnt run to well at times grrrr. I suggest any body wanting to upgrade to 10 to wait for the final release
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #12
crazidude
Regular User

Hrm 10 seemed to run fine for me before I formatted because Windows tried to "fix" itself. The only problem I ran into was that it played all my avi files upside down .
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #13
itsthepham

Originally Posted by crazidude
Hrm 10 seemed to run fine for me before I formatted because Windows tried to "fix" itself. The only problem I ran into was that it played all my avi files upside down .
lol that must of sucked.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:44 PM   #14
ARMAN
Regular User

I have W98 too
WM donet work to me as it should after installing new video card, sound and video skips every 3 seconds, so I use winamp, work with ALL vids and mp3 ofcourse

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:38 AM   #15
Xploded
Regular User

ha ha upside down thank god thats a problem I havent had ha ha .....
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote