Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #16
T-Bird
Regular User

I saw one tonight actually and I thought it was quite a nice looking car from what I saw and there are a few at a dealer down from mine I'm thinking about going to check out this week.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #17
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
i dont know if u've seen one in person or not, but when u see one out on the road, i dont see how you couldnt think of it as anything but stunning.
I've seen a few on the road and one up close during the Concours, and I just cannot seem to appreciate it's aesthetics. The front is hideous, the back is hideous, and the side is just whatever. Who knows, I may gain a liking for it eventually, I thought the same thing when I saw the new 5-series and now I think it isn't half bad.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:01 AM   #18
Shinigami
Regular User

It seems like two types of MX5 have been around in reviews. For example, BestMotoring mentioned that the MX5 they pitted against the other cars in their lap runs, showed it to be wobbly and difficult to handle, whilst an earlier model they drove, proved quite different.

Some owners of the new MX5 have mentioned the same thing. Either the cars have been a clear improvement over the older model, or they've experienced a driving behaviour well under par.

Talk has been that Mazda is not properly aligning their cars during the building process, and this is resulting in a batch of cars which handle badly.

I still maintain that most reviews have given the MX5 the better score, not just in aesthetics, and the one reviewed by GRMotorsport may have been a defective model.

But who knows for sure *shrug*

It was discussed over here btw: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=162545
Old 01-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #19
jakaracman
Regular User

I've driven the nbew MX5 on the road and on the track and on a karting track, which is very close to autocross. While at higher speeds and on open road it's a prefect car, it does suffer in tight corners. It has too much understeer at low speeds, handbrake is in completely wrong position and engine lacks low end torque. So I'm not suprised that it lost on autocross course. Take it to a nice road, though
Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

I think there reaching just a bit shinri. Its ok, many people who own a car dont like to realize its position.