Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 04:19 PM   #31
interceptor_01
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Sorry the offer was for DeMon only....

:cry:

KLEEMANN SL 55K
640hp / 835nm......no comment
Old 02-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #32
kteo2003
Regular User

jabba what if we begg you for this rip????
Old 02-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #33
Chingachgook
Regular User

I'm with you Jabba! The F50 would be my perfect Ferrari. So pure,so extreme, and that engine, a proper F1 V12 detuned, the better suonding engine of all time. If the F50 would have been present, it would have been the winner hands down. And it's known, the F50 was faster around the track because of the better handling. The McLaren is overrated. The F40 LM was faster than the Mecca, but it was developed by private, not from the factory.and this is why it was unreliable.

I often listen to the F50 sound before sleeping..I know...I'm crazy
Old 02-27-2004, 09:02 PM   #34
zr2man99
Regular User

I agree that the Mclaren is alittle over rated. Its top speed is fucking awesome, but when you see it going around a track, it leans and pitches a lot. Its not that close to the ground. Its more of an all-around hypercar. The F50 or Enzo would get my vote as the best hypercar.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:22 AM   #35
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Hell, I agree as well. The McLaren may be a "practical" hypercar, but who the hell is going to go shopping in a car like that? My vote goes to the Enzo.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:41 AM   #36
Gnome
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Hell, I agree as well. The McLaren may be a "practical" hypercar, but who the hell is going to go shopping in a car like that? My vote goes to the Enzo.
I think that's Martins point. Who would go shopping in a supercar? The McLaren is the only supercar you can go shopping in. It's unique! It might not be as close to a formula 1 car as many others, but when you're done racing you can still use it every day.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:47 AM   #37
Jabba
Regular User

Great to see so many anti Mclaren posts....I must be *dreaming*....

As for the actual ripp I guess you need to see why Brundle fly got it so wrong and would have got it right if the F50 had been there...watch this space as they say........
Old 02-28-2004, 07:06 AM   #38
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gnome
[quote The McLaren is the only supercar you can go shopping in. It's unique!
Not true...I used to use my 355 GTS as a daily driver for over two years and a 348 TS for the previous two...before that a lotus esprit....

I have also been on many shopping trips in the diablo to pick up various electrical items, food, several drive through mcdonalds, several pizza restaurants, several burger king drive throughs, several more pizza restaurants (for research purposes), several Ferrari dealers shopping for some future cars....I guess it depends if you are classing these as supercars though........
Old 02-28-2004, 07:14 AM   #39
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Than again, how do we know this Martin Brundel guy is acually a good driver. OK, he may have raced in F1, but if he was any good, he would have won a few F1 titles.

Michael Schumacher helped develop the Enzo, and said that it was the closest thing to a Formula 1 car. I definetly trust MS more than Brundel. And this: what exactly did Brundel say about the Enzo's gearbox?
Old 02-28-2004, 07:24 AM   #40
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Than again, how do we know this Martin Brundel guy is acually a good driver.
Hes not.... hes crap. I mean he isn't to be talked about in the same breath as a Senna or a Schumacher.

He is totally both anti Ferrari and Schumacher and any credit he does give them you can tell is very begrudgingly given through gritted teeth.

On the other hand he seems to think that the sun shines out of DC'S ass and from the Mclaren head-quarters...I wonder if that could be due to the fact he is DC'S manager....one things for sure though....looks like DC'S following in Brundles footsteps as he hardly wins anything these days...
Old 02-28-2004, 08:20 AM   #41
adlinyusman
Regular User

The McLaren F1 deserves to be praised on the basis that it was and maybe still is the fastest car in the world. Regarding the practical bit, come on now, if you have a Mclaren F1, don't tell me you can't afford an S600 or a Maybach. That's just stupid. I hate Brundle, he's dull, my mate watched the DVD for 5 minutes then switched back to JC's Shoot out DVD. At least JC's pretty honest on what he rates as good or bad, and he freely admits that he's not a good driver. The first few minutes of the DVD was alright, with the F40 being driven out of the driveway and constantly banging the front spoiler on the path, that is fine, it's true that driving a supercar, has it's cons heck even my 355 gets scraped everytime i drive out of my house (why is it so god damned low, at least the 360 is liveble). Everyone knows that! It's as though he's showing the DVD for Perodua Kelisa buyers (no offense). Argh.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:28 AM   #42
Jabba
Regular User

Yep I know what you mean I have always found the scrapping sounds alot worse than it really is though...there is a plate (painted black normally) underneath the front nose that is some times called the scrape plate...as it sits there to absorb any impact and doesnt cost that much to replace when you have really got your moneys worth out of it (or can be taken off and re-painted)....
Old 02-28-2004, 11:13 AM   #43
kteo2003
Regular User

well this is my opinion but i think that there is noone that can say that is reliable...not even JC or tiff....it is difficult to judge a car (in fact it is difficult to judge) because we are humans and we always have our preferrences so we will never can be objective...specially when we get paid so as to say our opinion about something...things there get worse..

jabba what if we begged for this DVD???YOU SEE where i live i cannot find that dvd....
Old 02-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #44
bmwfreak
Regular User

Originally Posted by adlinyusman
The McLaren F1 deserves to be praised on the basis that it was and maybe still is the fastest car in the world. Regarding the practical bit, come on now, if you have a Mclaren F1, don't tell me you can't afford an S600 or a Maybach. That's just stupid. I hate Brundle, he's dull, my mate watched the DVD for 5 minutes then switched back to JC's Shoot out DVD. At least JC's pretty honest on what he rates as good or bad, and he freely admits that he's not a good driver. The first few minutes of the DVD was alright, with the F40 being driven out of the driveway and constantly banging the front spoiler on the path, that is fine, it's true that driving a supercar, has it's cons heck even my 355 gets scraped everytime i drive out of my house (why is it so god damned low, at least the 360 is liveble). Everyone knows that! It's as though he's showing the DVD for Perodua Kelisa buyers (no offense). Argh.
Since I have one ( a Kelisa, not a Macca), I find that hilarious. All Kelisa drivers are yes, up to their necks in love with a MAcca F1. Those that know the Mac exists of course. Maybe because our cars pitch and roll as much as the Macca in high speed corners.

Get the feeling that people would listen more to this DVD's conclusions if Tiff or JC had done it instead? The Mac won because it was the best all rounder, I suppose. To think that it can be a long distance cruiser, and still not embarass itself on a track, yet posses an engine than be as docile as a superminis/as racous as a NASCAR's. It's packaging is nigh-on briliant.

The fact that ten, eleven years later, it can still compete with the likes of the Enzo and others of its ilk, are simply astonishing.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:03 PM   #45
Jabba
Regular User

Dont forget it still costs more than the Enzo does now and think how much a million dollars would have been worth ten years ago and how many Enzo's you could buy with it now.
Closed Thread