Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a Porsche CGT, a Koenigsegg, a Zonda, or a Benz SLR?
Porsche CGT 0 0%
Koenigsegg 0 0%
Zonda 0 0%
Benz SLR 0 0%
701 100.00%
Voters: 701. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2003, 12:20 AM   #1
deth
Regular User

Default $600,000 question

Would you rather have a Porsche CGT, a Koenigsegg, a Zonda, or a Benz SLR and why?

I'd probably choose the Koenigsegg because its the fastest, plus according to the latest evo mag, it handles well too! and damn, what about those doors!
deth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
initiala4
Regular User

Koeignsegg!!! Looks is unique though I could have choose Zonda...but I defintely like the way how the car shape is and on top of that. On top of that its all about speed!
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:23 AM   #3
666fast
Regular User

After argueing with my self between the Koenigsegg and the Zonda, i finally voted for the Koenigsegg. There is no real basis for my vote, if I could, I'd have all four!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:03 AM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

The Zonda is a beautiful, fascinating piece of Teuto-Italian engineering, the Koenigsegg is another interesting design concept...though it sadly underperformed in every test that I've seen it take (Autocar either got a really poor example, or it really just isn't that wonderful of a car), and the SLR is a car towards which I have some serious reservations. From what I've read, the SLR has a cramped cockpit, wheels that look too small for the wheelwells...and an automatic transmission...which I believe is inexcusable in such a vehicle, whether or not Mercedes makes the finest automatics, and whether or not Mclaren helped them out. The Koenigsegg is intriguing...not particularly attractive, but fast and adjustable, and the engine...or at least the basic architecture of it is American and should be relatively fixable if something should go wrong. The Zonda runs the CGT a close second...it's beautiful, wonderfully made, exotic as hell, fast, noisy, incisive, and extremely fast...racing with the CGT would be an interesting thing to see...however, everything I've read about the CGT says that for all intents and purposes, it is the most complete supercar the world has yet known, even though it's not the fastest.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 02:19 AM   #5
cho_888
Regular User

Zonda all the way. The Koenigsegg dosnt do a lot for me and the GT looks to convensional. And who has a benz supercar? It has to be italian.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:46 AM   #6
stradale
Regular User

I chose the Zonda. But if I had $600.000 to spend on a car, I wouldn't choose any of those four. The looks of the car are important to me as well and I don't adore all four cars lookswise. The rear ends of the Zonda and Koenigsegg I don't like. The Porsche is too cold. The SLR is a complete mess. I'd never choose it. This car is going to be outdated and forgotten so soon, I expect.

The Zonda is a real supercar. Exotic and temperamental. The only right way. And it has the right amount of cylinders, 12. Although the Porsches 10 aren't bad too. Too bad about the looks of the Zonda.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:50 AM   #7
WhiteP
Regular User

Couldn't make the choice, but I won't choose SLR for sure.

Porsche CGT - It's a Porsche, experienced engineering and reliability. The looks is just too convensional as a supercar.

Zonda - The only thing I HATE about the Zonda is the little bug eyes headlights in the front, 0o . o0, it just doesn't look right on a supercar. Everything else is AWESOME.

Koenigsegg - If it is a V12 instead of a supercharged engine, I will go for it.

I don't have that much money anyways. I would like the Enzo. Thanks.
WhiteP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:12 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Very very hard to answer but my vote went to the CC8S!! Strange isn't it? It was a close battle with the CGT though... then I decided I want something even more exclusive! Ok, the CGT is exclusive (and lucky bastard st-anger testing it!!!), but everybody knows what Porsche is while with a Koenigsegg, you'll surprise many ppl
Old 10-21-2003, 05:48 AM   #9
Mircea
Regular User

From the four cars, the first place it would pe taken by the Pagani Zonda and Koenigsegg. I like them a lot and I can't take a decission. Then, the next it will be Porsche Carrera GT. And in the last place, Mercedes SLR.
Mircea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:02 AM   #10
novass
Regular User

i chose the Koenigsegg. no real reason. its not the easiest name to say or spell, thats gotta mean something right? i like the looks of it and of course the speed too. ill bet the poon would stick to the car like it was creating a vacuum. again, another plus.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:22 AM   #11
gmd97
Regular User

the Carrera GT. it was a toss-up between that and the zonda, and it was the fact that most people havent heard of a zonda that swayed me towards the porsche. at 600000, badge is important
gmd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:45 AM   #12
draak666
Regular User

Zonda, no doubt. Got nothing but good reviews. Looks special, is luxurious and handles great.

CGT... don't really like the back.

Koenigsegg. Looks good, but I've known it for years (seen some prototypes before) and the design gets a tiny little bit boring after time. :roll:

I've never really liked the SLR. Mercedes came up with it it right after their mereger with Chrysler and I think it looks too American.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:01 AM   #13
SDK2003
Regular User

It's has to be the Porsche Carrera GT
Amazing build quality, great performance and cutting edge technology.

Why did you miss the Ferrari Enzo off the list ??

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:38 AM   #14
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I chose the Carrera GT, but I've changed my mind....I'd take the Zonda!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:59 AM   #15
KaBlookie
Regular User

Location: born near Toronto, Canada, living near Philly, PA, USA

I say Koenigsegg, because not only is it an absolutely fantastic car, but it is made by someone (Christian Von Koenigsegg) who started with nothing with respect to cars, facilities, etc. and was able to build an incredibly light, quick supercar that has many of the amenities of a luxury car. It's just such a wonderful car, fast, handles well, nice interior and exterior, fantastic doors , and everything's adjustable (brake bias, power steering, etc).

96 Acura Integra SE sedan with some goodies
KaBlookie is offline   Reply With Quote