Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Bugatti Veyron
subzero 142 53.18%
cool 61 22.85%
uncool 44 16.48%
seriously uncool 20 7.49%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #106
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
So, it is a problem that people who buy silly expensive production cars are able to drive them w/out worrying about being stuck on the side of the road?

I disagree tremendously.

I don't think the Veyron is the best exotic of the modern era.... that is reserved to the Enzo... wretched styling (in a fantastic rock and roll type means) ... vicsious V12 that will kill you (yes, there are several dead owners), and world topping performance when it came out.... with the greatest race tech for the road available at that time.

the Veyron simply can't be compared against supercars that are pure supercars like the Enzo, and even the CGT... against the SLR, perhaps... the SLR is a civic by comparison.
Wrong i the porsche cgt is the best of it's era
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #107
Mattk
Regular User

^Are you kidding? The Enzo for me, epitomises the modern day supercar. It was designed to be the best supercar and it probably is in terms of performance.

As ugly as the Veyron is, it has a cool vibe.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #108
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
^Are you kidding? The Enzo for me, epitomises the modern day supercar. It was designed to be the best supercar and it probably is in terms of performance.

As ugly as the Veyron is, it has a cool vibe.
The enzo sucks compared to the porsche cgt
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #109
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
BTW: - this phrase is true in this form.

Enzo isn't as much of a performance-designed vehicle as F40. Significant shift towards comforts.

Yes, that's one place where it's the best. Except there are only two or three places in the world where it can do that, of course, and 99% of its buyers will never take it there.
The car is simply massively overengineered.

Well, that would make it uncomfortable, and so cooler.
But it still lacks character. Too technical.

Both factor. A Porsche might not be a pure performance vehicle, but it still is the kind of car people take out on the track, actually using its performance. Will any Veyron be used there? Very unlikely.
That is the same factor as with Chelsea cruisers and Hummers - they are poser, their owners never intend to use their key feature, in that case, offroading.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they have been on track, it's nothing like a chelsea cruiser, it's a totally exclusive, very fast, and a brilliant bit of engineering. Not every car that is cool has to be a trackday weapon.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #110
enzoferrari
Regular User

The enzo sucks compared to the porsche cgt
No way!!I disagree with u Pagani,I seen both and the Enzo wins for me!!the Enzo is faster,more powerfull, is a Ferrari,and it come with my three favorite words MADE IN ITALY!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #111
Mattk
Regular User

^I think it is difficult to be impartial when your forum name is essentially the name of the car you're talking about.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #112
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by enzoferrari View Post
No way!!I disagree with u Pagani,I seen both and the Enzo wins for me!!the Enzo is faster,more powerfull, is a Ferrari,and it come with my three favorite words MADE IN ITALY!!
Bugatti is faster, more powerful, is a Bugatti, and it comes with my three favorite words, Engineered by Germans!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #113
enzoferrari
Regular User

Bugatti is faster, more powerful, is a Bugatti, and it comes with my three favorite words, Engineered by Germans!!!
jajaja lets take them to a track and we'll see,also the Enzo dont need 30 turbos and 75 radietors but still very very fast,besides is kind of old now and still one of the coolest cars in the world.u like the Bugatti I like the Enzo.

Last edited by enzoferrari; 05-19-2008 at 01:09 PM.
enzoferrari is offline   Reply With Quote