Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a Porsche CGT, a Koenigsegg, a Zonda, or a Benz SLR?
Porsche CGT 0 0%
Koenigsegg 0 0%
Zonda 0 0%
Benz SLR 0 0%
701 100.00%
Voters: 701. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2003, 08:47 PM   #31
f0racer
Regular User

First off, where’s the Enzo Ferrari? Surely a list concerning supercars must have a Ferrari on it. Making a decision between these cars is tough, but one must choose. I consider the SLR more of a Grand Tourer rather then a “Supercar”. The SLR is a looker, but soft (so I’ve heard) when compared to the others. The Zonda’s styling is a love and hate relationship, but it draws the most attention (I think). As for performance, its up there with the others. The Koenigsegg is also stunner, and those doors are COOL, but in the end it don’t work for me. So the real question for me is: a Enzo Ferrari or a Carrera GT? Hmmm… I have to say… the Carrera GT. Sure, the GT is down on power (48HP less) and weight a little more (28 pounds) when compared to the Enzo, but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul). This and a few other little things made me choose the GT over the Enzo, like a manual transmission, open top, overall more useable, and I like the looks of the GT just a little more.
f0racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:47 PM   #32
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by f0racer
but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul).
I think it's bullshit.

you can compare the porsche's downforce figures with the Enzo's and see that the Enzo has much more downforce. and take a look at the monstrous Venturi tunnels of the Enzo. it must have more downforce.

according to porsche the gt has 290 kg of total downforce at 205 mph (top speed).
The Enzo has 775 kg at 300km/h (186mph). that is much over twice the downforce of the gt, at a lower speed!!!! :shock:
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:48 PM   #33
SL55 AMG
Regular User

Pagani Zonda all the way for me. (tough choice however) All the cars listed in the poll are magnificent. SLR is more of a GT cruiser compared to the Carrera GT :shock:, plus after seeing a koenigsegg in person just to damn difficult. I love the pagani so rare and beautiful, plus it represents perfection inside and out. plus just in case it wasnt powerful enough, why not ask if they could put in AMG's new V-12 (1000nm of torgue!!!) <=== So hope someone does this
SL55 AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:51 AM   #34
Jabba

YES the Zonda is ahead!!!!!!!!! tee-hee

check out my sig!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:51 AM   #35
maalox
Regular User

Originally Posted by alondahan
Originally Posted by f0racer
but it has a higher downforce set-up so it faster on the track (according to Roland Kussmaul).
I think it's bullshit.

you can compare the porsche's downforce figures with the Enzo's and see that the Enzo has much more downforce. and take a look at the monstrous Venturi tunnels of the Enzo. it must have more downforce.

according to porsche the gt has 290 kg of total downforce at 205 mph (top speed).
The Enzo has 775 kg at 300km/h (186mph). that is much over twice the downforce of the gt, at a lower speed!!!! :shock:
Keep in mind that downforce does not necessarily have a linear relationship with speed. The standard method is actually to shape the venturis and other airfoils to produce maximum downforce at mid to high speed, and then slowly taper off to achieve a maximum top end (good for impressing people with numbers, terrifying to actually reach). Likely the Enzo's peak downforce occurs around 186 mph, well below its top speed of around 217 (if I'm not mistaken). In short, without having the two cars beside one another and some pretty fancy kit, we can't tell for sure .

I chose the Carrera GT of the 4, since it strikes me as the most well-rounded. Fantastic performance with the convenience (and likely reliability) of a Porsche--there's no Zonda dealership down the street! Amazingly, I find none of the cars to be achingly beautiful--too many conflicting lines and bulging shapes. I prefer the leaner lines of something like a 360. Probably the Zonda is best in my eye, although it looks a bit 80s for some reason. The Porsche I find quite ugly from the rear, especially with the spoiler extended. But if any of you feel like donating one of these to me, I wouldn't say no .
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 01:03 AM   #36
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

How come no Enzo?? but from these four, I'd take the Zonda...gotta love Italians. I just love the unique looks of this car, and from what I've read it can also be a good every day car.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:50 PM   #37
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Im going for the zonda. I just cant stop looking at that interior. But then a part of me wants the "Egg" and the Enzo.

"Well, we don't care how bad-ass some dude's naturally aspirated Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900-plus pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you're gonna get a fast and furious old-school ass-whipping."
-=Car Craft=-
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote