Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #61
HeilSvenska
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The OC™
Posts: 4,881
Default

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I guess I must be missing something, because giant robots fighting with other giant robots was a lot of fun
It was fine up to a point where it was just a blur of grey mass, and when all the Decepticons turned out to be generic clones of certain ones. That was cheap.
__________________
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #62
mayer
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 634
Default

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
It was fine up to a point where it was just a blur of grey mass, and when all the Decepticons turned out to be generic clones of certain ones. That was cheap.
The Decepticons were absolute wussies in this one!!! This didn't seem like an advanced civilization getting pwned by tanks.

Optimus is badass, but seriously??? Him vs. Megatron and the One was ridiculous!!! I won't spoil for people who haven't watched it, but WTF? Did he get on robot steroids since the first movie?

The Fallen and Devastator should have been much, much, more hardcore.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #63
dutchmasterflex
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,566
Default

I actually thought the CG was better in the first movie.. quite possibly because of what Heil just brought up.. it did loo like a blur of grey mass, more cartoony than the first one. Almost looked like I was watching that crap beastwars transformers show from a few years back..

Only thing good in the movie was slow mo Megan Fox..
__________________
dutchmasterflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #64
HeilSvenska
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The OC™
Posts: 4,881
Default

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex View Post
Almost looked like I was watching that crap beastwars transformers show from a few years back..
Hey hey, watch it. Beast Wars was the most awesome kids show ever made. Intense robot violence. Actual character development. Deaths that actually meant something to the plot. And visuals yeeeeears ahead of anyone else.
__________________
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #65
10000rpmlover
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the US of A, sometimes also London
Posts: 466
Default

this movie r0xx0r y0r boxx0rs!!! I really liked the lil jon look alike transformer... omg... those twins were so hillarious and props to Arcee and bumblebee, they are so bad ass... I'd have liked to see more of soundwave
__________________

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #66
79TA
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,570
Default

Knowing that I absolutely loved the first movie, I tried to keep my expectations low. Regardless, this movie has left me emotionally tramatized. Good action sequences in some scenes and Megan Fox is still there.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #67
10000rpmlover
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the US of A, sometimes also London
Posts: 466
Default

I liked this movie, however I was left with a little distaste towards one thing only, Sideswipe... he had one line the whole movie, "damn I'm good" and he was the coolest looking of all, he was a corvette, getting Frank Welker to voice Soundwave and Megatron again was total genius and it brought back memories of my childhood, I like megan fox... but... whoever the chic is that played that decepticon pretender, she has my vote for a spread in Maxim, oh god she is hot
__________________

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #68
HeilSvenska
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The OC™
Posts: 4,881
Default

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
I liked this movie, however I was left with a little distaste towards one thing only, Sideswipe... he had one line the whole movie, "damn I'm good" and he was the coolest looking of all, he was a corvette, getting Frank Welker to voice Soundwave and Megatron again was total genius and it brought back memories of my childhood, I like megan fox... but... whoever the chic is that played that decepticon pretender, she has my vote for a spread in Maxim, oh god she is hot
Megatron = Hugo Weaving.
__________________
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #69
10000rpmlover
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the US of A, sometimes also London
Posts: 466
Default

was it hugo weaving? I thought I read they got Frank Welker to do it this time, it is difficult to recognize a voice in between all that digital manipulation they do
__________________

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #70
HeilSvenska
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The OC™
Posts: 4,881
Default

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
was it hugo weaving? I thought I read they got Frank Welker to do it this time, it is difficult to recognize a voice in between all that digital manipulation they do
Nope. 100% Hugo Weaving. I can tell Frank Welker from anywhere, be it Santa's Little Helper, or Curious George.
__________________
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #71
HeilSvenska
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The OC™
Posts: 4,881
Default

__________________
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump