Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 10:00 PM   #61
666fast
Regular User

The McLaren F1 is a damn nice car, I surely wouldn't mind having a go in one, but I don't think I would buy one if I had the cash. The mantainence is astronomical and the parts are extremely high priced, it's just too much. I know that if I could afford a McLaren F1 in the first place, I could afford to fix it and whatnot. But do you really want to pay $15,000 to replace the exhaust if it's needed? I sure as hell don't.
I'm sure most Supercars are expensive to fix, but at McLarens prices, it becomes ridiculous. Jey Leno said it himself, he won't hammer on his F1 because it costs way too much fix.
I do like the F1, it's just too much. Seriously, how much would it cost to line an engine bay with gold? LOL

On looks alone, I'd go for an Enzo. it just look so much better. And lets face it, I'm not a professional race driver, I can't explore everything either car has to offer, but I'm sure the Enzo would satisfy everything I expect from a supercar.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:44 AM   #62
gucom
Regular User

Hey Jabba 1st of all i understand u about the Miura, i htink its 1 of the sexiest most beautiful cars ever made, and as u know, im a die-hard McLaren fan
2nd of all, as i said b4 in this topic, who are u to say martin brundle just wont say anything good about Ferrari and only good things about McLaren?? ur anti-mclaren point of view is really starting to irritate the fuck out of me, cos ok if u dont like it, but calling it EVIL??? come on man, its a car, and a damn good1!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #63
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
ur anti-mclaren point of view is really starting to irritate the fuck out of me, cos ok if u dont like it, but calling it EVIL??? come on man, its a car, and a damn good1!!!
See thats the difference....you don't have to be here if you don't want to be...and you don't have to read my posts either...what difference does it really make to you if I think its evil or not....its not like its your own personal work or something that I am unfairly judging.

I on the other hand am the one paying out the hundreds of dollars every month to enable you to make your posts here....so to be honest I couldn't give a friggin fuck if I am annoying you or not....if I am going to allow you to post your comments here then I am not going to be too worried about what I post either.....
Old 03-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #64
gucom
Regular User

I on the other hand am the one paying out the hundreds of dollars every month to enable you to make your posts here
thank u for that
still some of ur posts are rediculous and dont show anything near realism
ah well ur "the daddy", its ur forum, do watever u like, i for 1 wudnt enjoy making retarded posts, but if thats ur hobby, who am i to stop u from doing that?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:58 AM   #65
Jabba
Regular User

its ur forum, do watever u like, i for 1 wudnt enjoy making retarded posts, but if thats ur hobby, who am i to stop u from doing that?
Well I cant help it if I am retarded but I am not doing to badly for being so thanks...imagine where I would be if I had your great wisdom though....

who am i to stop u from doing that?
You are a sixteen year old that can almost see your first adult movie soon and then you might even start driving after that as well....let alone your voice breaking....stopping Jabbasworld...best of luck with that one....
Old 03-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #66
gucom
Regular User

Well I cant help it if I am retarded but I am not doing to badly for being so thanks...imagine where I would be if I had your great wisdom though....
lol

stopping Jabbasworld...best of luck with that one....
i never said id stop JW, juss stop u from makin retarded posts. Ive done all the things u said id almost be allowed to do, if that makes any difference(i dont really c what thats got to do with this).
Maybe i shud of said "Who am i to TRY to stop u from making blabla"???
in that case, sorry for my not being clear enough
Old 03-01-2004, 12:17 PM   #67
yg60m
Regular User

WOW, 4 pages on a "Martin Brundle's Supercars" question !!! Jabba is not the only one to not be impressed by the Macca, Jeremy Clarkson isn't more and so ... what's the problem ? I don't understand why you are irritated by someone else pov gucom even if it come back regularly A lot of people like the Macca too and i don't think Jabba is irritated by them... hum, are you Jabba ops:
I think it depends what you want from a Supercar, a paper i read, said that the Macca is like a luxus overpowered car where the F50 is a race car on the road.
I am not really agree with that because when you see the weight they acheive to target with the McLaren compare to the F50 i think it deserve a special mention but they obviously had not the same target when starting.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #68
gucom
Regular User

i dont mind at all if any1 doesnt like the F1, but the way i c it, Jabba is just refusing to see it has achieved alot, and is a great supercar, and, be honest, do u think it makes any sense to call a car evil? what has it done wrong? killed any1?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #69
yg60m
Regular User

No, certainly not but Jabba no more
Seriously, we are here to have good time, i am a fan of the Macca too but i am not irritated ( :snipersmile: ) by Jabba's posts, maybe because it's Jabba
because if someone else says bad things about it : :2gunfire:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha !! (i am retarded too)
Old 03-01-2004, 12:37 PM   #70
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
I don't understand why you are irritated by someone else pov gucom
He is a typical 16 year old that thinks he knows everything because hes read it in a book.

Anyone they disagrees with him is "retarded"....its a hormone thing in all teenagers I think....
Old 03-01-2004, 12:46 PM   #71
yg60m
Regular User

Is it contagious or just hormonal ? Is there an age when it come back ? Because i will be 30 soon and i feel ... different, a sort of transformation 0X
Old 03-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #72
Jabba
Regular User

maybe because it's Jabba
The thing that most people respect is that I have driven and owned and do own lots of cars and drive them fairly hard as well....

Usually the limit in the drivers skill is reached long before the slight differences in between say an F50 and a mclaren thats why his stats don't mean a whole lot to me.....

I haven given someone a one lap head start in my Diablo before and managed to catch them quite quickly in the humble F355... of course on "paper" the Ferrari shouldn't stand a chance....
Old 03-01-2004, 12:53 PM   #73
Jabba
Regular User

Is it contagious or just hormonal ? Is there an age when it come back ? Because i will be 30 soon and i feel ... different, a sort of transformation 0X
Yep I know where you are coming from...as soon as I hit 30 I needed lots more sleep thats for sure and as for drinking....well my body just wont accept that much more either...

Its much better to remain 29 IMO...
Old 03-01-2004, 01:04 PM   #74
yg60m
Regular User

I give a translation of the conclusion of the article i mentioned in another topic concerning a comparative between the F50 and the McLaren :
"Difficult to choose one of them... With the approach of the 21° century, it does not have cars which express as directly as these two the dreams of the men. Of course, it is difficult to compare them when their purchase price records a difference of 200.000 £. But this remains interesting and logical, because they also differ as for their objective. When McLaren claims to push on the most level of the world compatibility road and sport (what is the concept of GT), the F50 dares really the challenge to bring a racing racing car on the public highway.
These two ambitions being crowned success, you will have only to choose that which corresponds best to your dream. And it is towards F50 that our preference goes. However I cannot give up my dream of a McLaren. How to make, then, to pile up nearly a million dollars?"
Translation of a french translation of an article from Kazuaki Saka for Car Graphic (they compare the two directly, i will maybe post the article for the pics). The french guy drove both but separatly and had the same opinion.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #75
Jabba
Regular User

These two ambitions being crowned success, you will have only to choose that which corresponds best to your dream.
Yep the F50 is and always will be my dream that I hope will come true one day....if not I will settle for an F40 or even an Enzo me being a very reasonable kind of guy.
Closed Thread