Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

View Poll Results: F40 or 275GTB/4?
F40 17 85.00%
275GTB/4 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2006, 05:54 AM   #16
irrational_i
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Frankie Taylor is rumoured to have paid about R3 million for his F40 around 1990 - I will dig up some pics - I can't remember if it was a LHD or RHD... the car was in Somerset West - has that car since been sold or exported to comply with new RHD requirements?
I think Taylor's car is still his, but up for sale to an offer.
If it is the one I am thinking of it has had an LM kit fitted to it.

The latest one was bought by Franz Pretorius (new I think) and sold to Brett or Guy Kebble along with his F50 for R8.5 million. R5.5 mill for the F50 and R3mill for the f40 about 2 years ago.
Then the F40 was sold to Willie Hepburn end last year for possibly R3.1 million and in the last 2 months to Lollie Jackson, the Teazers nightclub owner for R3.3 million.
Because its Mr. Jackson that owns 2 or 3 (more?) new Lamborghinis we think the F40 is more a statement than a passion, so expect it to be up for sale before too long. Or rather - we hope it will be!

With the new laws it is still possible to import a LHD car, but it is seriously difficult and involves official recognition as a rare collectible. So the F40 should fall in this category.
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote