Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 05-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #46
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Eh, not really. It's all about personal taste. I find nearly all asian things cheesy, movies, books, cartoons, tv shows, music, etc... No offense?
Old 05-29-2006, 01:40 AM   #47
gottacatchup
Regular User

^^^Yeah its supposed to hint at xavier coming back in another body. iF you remember the one scene where he was teaching a class and talking about implanting another person's conscious into some other body, it basically tells you xavier used that process to come back.

Over all i thought it was a good movie and i was hooked, start to finish. My only problem with the movie comes from the lack of character developement with archangle and the mutant-suppressing kid. I feel like the director wanted to do much more with these characters but had to cut the scenes out because of time.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:27 AM   #48
DeMoN
Regular User

wat? just saw the ending and nothing after letters... goddamn lol!

Nice movie, I liked it.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:36 AM   #49
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
^^^ You guys still have drive-in movies?!?!?!!!! They've gone extinct where I live, The OC™
Actually my friends have been telling me that there is a drive-in around the Verizon Amphitheater, which is around the Spectrum.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:58 AM   #50
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Eh, not really. It's all about personal taste. I find nearly all asian things cheesy, movies, books, cartoons, tv shows, music, etc... No offense?
None taken. I was speaking in general terms anyway.

I know that a majority of people in Asia, especially those in the developing nations such as Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, and China have been leaning towards more and more Asian-sourced media, such as J-Pop (Japanese pop culture), K-pop (Korean pop culture), and Taiwanese pop. Most of the opinions I hear seem to cite that Hollywood films in general have become a little too predictable, especially with regards to the scripts, and the film sequences.

This doesn't mean that excellent Hollywood films are ignored though (LoTR, films by Steven Speilberg, etc.), it's just that traditional Hollywood action films no longer seem to "wow" Asian audiences like they used to.

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with Hong Kong cinema. After two decades of supercharged Jackie Chan-type films (There's a huge difference between his Hollywood work, and his Hong Kong work), most Asian movie goers have become rather spoilt in the action genre, thus the less-than-flattering reviews regarding X-men 3.
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #51
nthfinity
Regular User

well, no offence, but Crouching tiger SUCKED big time

i love John Woo movies of old (he's not so great anymore) but the whole anti- gravity thing is just toooo old, and looks too fake.

I wouldn't actually say they are spoiled with the best action movies... rather, they are hit with teh same shit every time... not unlike hollywood.

IN the words of Bruce "dont call me ash" Campbell, nearly all movies today in Hollywood, Europe, and the Asian markets are what used to be concidered B-movies. Not an original thought in most of em

oh, and the only good Spielberg film to come out in the last 15 years or so was Munich
Old 05-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #52
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

This is what they did:

They made it into a some love drama hollywood bullshit movie..

I also don't like how they made it a trilogy..
Old 05-30-2006, 04:19 AM   #53
taygunho
Regular User

damn I didn't knoa about scene after credits. Can somone pm what hapenned.
I went to theater with big hopes but I didn't like the movie too much. X3 is good movie but not ass good as x1 and x2. Visual effects were better than x1-2 but story of first two films was better. I am a big fan of BEAST and I think Kelsey Grammer acted him very very good. I think Brian Singer should direct this movie not Brett Ratner. Magneto and wolverine will have their own movies but I don't want that. I want X-Men 4 but after most of heroes died it will not happen. I want to see they are fighting with sentinels.
I read someone asked why there is not gambit. I found this trivia in IMDb:
"Josh Holloway was offered the role of Gambit, but turned it down because the character was too similar to his character on "Lost" (2004). As a result, the character was never added to the film since this would have been a special cameo put in later had Josh decided to sign on."
Overall I give 6/10 to this movie.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #54
nthfinity
Regular User

or...

the cure is just temporary.... in the same way that leech only affects mutant's powers within a cirtain range... perhaps the "antibody" is just a temporary affect... so then we get Rogue, and Mystique (and all those other useless mutants) getting thier abilities back once again.

you are reading too much into "who's body" xavier went into... some useless invalid... nearly an anasafalic (sp?)

how about magneto taking Asteroid X down himself.... the Goldengate bridge seems to be within the limits of Magneto... I think it was pretty entertaining
Old 05-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #55
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Oh well. There isn't a movie that doesn't have critics.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:02 AM   #56
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
With all due respect, it was the American audiences that hyped that film up. Nobody really liked it in Asia BEFORE it became a Hollywood it. After it made a killing at the US box office, all of a sudden, all these ass-licking reviews started popping up all over Asia. Cook the rice if the stove is hot I guess.

i love John Woo movies of old (he's not so great anymore) but the whole anti- gravity thing is just toooo old, and looks too fake.
Agreed, however it can be made to work. House of flying daggers had excellent cinematography for example. X-Men isn't exactly the epitome of realistic flying either. However, neither are 90% of Hong Kong floaty films.

I wouldn't actually say they are spoiled with the best action movies... rather, they are hit with teh same shit every time... not unlike hollywood.
I would have to disagree here. Unlike the US, film distribution isn't an issue in Asia. Asian films struggle to find cinemas in the majority of the US. It's not like they launched Ghost in the Shell or Princess Mononoke or Jackie Chan's Police Story at Maan's Chinese theatre and the IMAX theatre's around America. However, the opposite is true on these shores. US films do not have distribution problems here, and everyone gets to see them. However, neither do Asian films since they're made here.

IN the words of Bruce "dont call me ash" Campbell, nearly all movies today in Hollywood, Europe, and the Asian markets are what used to be concidered B-movies. Not an original thought in most of em
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Gone are the really good thinking films with low budgets and timeless scripts.

oh, and the only good Spielberg film to come out in the last 15 years or so was Munich
That wasn't an action film.
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:51 AM   #57
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by nthfinity
With all due respect, it was the American audiences that hyped that film up. Nobody really liked it in Asia BEFORE it became a Hollywood it. After it made a killing at the US box office, all of a sudden, all these ass-licking reviews started popping up all over Asia. Cook the rice if the stove is hot I guess.

Agreed, however it can be made to work. House of flying daggers had excellent cinematography for example. X-Men isn't exactly the epitome of realistic flying either. However, neither are 90% of Hong Kong floaty films.

I would have to disagree here. Unlike the US, film distribution isn't an issue in Asia. Asian films struggle to find cinemas in the majority of the US. It's not like they launched Ghost in the Shell or Princess Mononoke or Jackie Chan's Police Story at Maan's Chinese theatre and the IMAX theatre's around America. However, the opposite is true on these shores. US films do not have distribution problems here, and everyone gets to see them. However, neither do Asian films since they're made here.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Gone are the really good thinking films with low budgets and timeless scripts.

That wasn't an action film.
I think we agree on a lot then, except, I enjoy X3 and you didnt

hmm.... the last good Spielberg Action film that was good... did he do Saving Private Ryan? its hard for me to concider action/war movies the same... i'd think of it more of a drama.

so that said, then probobly Indiana Jones 3 was the last good Spielberg action film.

are you a Jackie Chan fan? my favorite of his movies is Georgous
Old 06-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #58
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

the movie wasnt too bad, although i do have a few issues haha
- colossus and kitty are together in the comics, have been for a long time. why focus on some imagined fuex-romance between bobby and kitty just to make rogue jealous? pointless. she would have gotten the cure anyway.
- the movie was basically wolverine and storm fest, with all the other characters getting 2 or 3 scenes each. would have loved to see colossus and beast kick some more ass!!
- multiple man and juggernaut also need some more scenes..although juggernauts not a mutant haha...meh.

also, ive heard through the grapvine that everyone except rebecca romijn is still under contract for other films. anyone able to confirm or deny that?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:44 AM   #59
evoWalo
Regular User

A lot of the inconsistencies with the comics is attributed to it being in the main Marvel Universe timeline. Like how Jean Grey's Dark Phoenix powers are another part of her mind instead of a space dwelling alien that infested her while in space. Juggernaut's "BITCH" dialogue with Kitty Pryde has it's roots in a fan-edited flick on Juggernaut calling all the girls "bitch". In Ultimate X-men Juggernaut's power is a mutant power instead of something from a stone.

THe X-Men movies tries to keep the fantasy part to a minimum so as to not confuse and turn off people who're watching the movie. The concepts of mutants is already a big thing and to pour in the gems of the Juggernaut, Jean Grey's possessive alien and more details would only make the movie more for the fan than average folk.

I really like the Dark Phoenix scenes of Prof X & Dark Phoenix vs Wolverine. It made me cry.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #60
yg60m
Regular User

Saw it yesterday and I found it awesome, like the previous movies There were some surprises like Xavier's death, I didn't expect it but, as it's science-fiction, they could find a way to reintroduce him
I find that it's very close to the comics spirit and I really lived what I read some years ago with the black Phoenix and Magneto :good:
Now doubt I will buy the DVD once for sale like the previous one, it's a classic for me.