Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #31
dons5
Regular User

Originally Posted by allanlambo
Originally Posted by dons5
Not only was the guy in the CS going all out, but he did about 10 different runs, and of all them this was his BEST. Add that to the fact that the CS is modified with exhaust, headers, high flo cats and intake. If you know about drag racing his off the line time was actually pretty good with a 2.01 short time, with the perfect launch he would be lucky to get a 1.9, and maybe run a lower 13 sec, but his mph is terrible. The Ferrari driver also brought his Bentley GT which was far more impressive than the Ferrari. He ran a 12.90@105 with 3 guys in the car.
with the perfect launch a modified 360 CS would MAYBE run low 13? lol What are u talking about man the CS is rated at 12.6 s at 114 mph. Upon doing a very very quick search i already found some 12.2's and a 12.1 at 117 mph. That guy is either not pushing hard, he cant drive, or theres some kind of problem with the car. For you to say optimum conditions a low 13, thats a joke. Yes maybe the altitude robs power but it doesnt rob a full seconds worth in the small amount of a time in a quarter mile, absolutely no way.
The 360CS is dead slow. A Gallardo will ruin it. The owner of the car switched drivers even, and the guy who ran a 12.40 in his Gt3 couldnt do any better in the 360CS. You cant miss gears in the 360cs, it is an F1.

As for the Gallardo, it also depends on what Gallardo you were in. An 06+ is substantially faster than an 04/05. We did alot of research with my car, and to give you an idea, bone stock my SE dynoed 437rwhp, while the closest 04 dynoed 414rwhp. This 04 was also not stock, it had full exhaust and air filters. In reality, even though Lamborghini claims only a 20 hp increase for the 06+, they make closer to 50Hp at the crank over an 04-05. Meanwhile, most 360CS in reality make approx 320rwhp. There was a large debate about the CS as owners who dynoed their cars found out that they made no more power than a reg 360 and that Ferrari also UNDERSTATED the weight falsely. One guy actually sued Ferrari.

But again, you guys are know it alls, and your magazines are gospel. :roll:
Im not saying its as fast as the gallardo or porsche or any car for that matter. All im saying is that ive read wayyy to many sources of the 360CS doing 12.1 - 12.6 or 8 to believe ur quotes about how the CS is very overratted hp wise, making no more power than a regular 360, etc etc I mean one magazine might lie or exaggerate maybe even 2 or 3 but common, im sure not every mag is lying and exaggeratting the 360CS's quarter mile times.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #32
allanlambo
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
and what about those 330 RWHP 12.2 C5 Z06 times out there, a-plenty No magazines, just GPS verified from individual owners

also, a modern "modded" car will go little faster w/out the proper engine tune, I don't care what the price of upgrading is, a proper dyno tune of each individual car being tuned would be nessisary.... it may be possible that this CS is even running less then it ought to.

In any case, a 360 CS isn't the drag king, it is a more ideal track car...

Gallardo's aren't so bad, but for some reason, i prefer an old school approach with the cars from the original round of hyper exotics in the early 90's... the Vector W8, the Jag XJ220, and the F40... while Diablo came of age under Audi supervision.

in reference to fsandy's post...
a mid engine car with RWD should dyno with less drivetrain loss then a front engine RWD car... a C5Z06 (2001) will dyno @ 330 RWHP and 385 SAE HP... so 320 is enormously low... but bear in mind, if Allen is talking about higher elevation, and perhaps hot weather dyno runs; which will edge off a factory dyno run, or dyno run at 760 mm of Hg, and 65 F

off topic... i recall seeing you on some tv show in a Lambo event... and you made some factless claim for the camera.... "every car here costs more then $300,000.00!" were you trying to retain more value for your SV at the time? LOL
First check your facts as to what C5 Z06's dynod, they dyno more than 330rwhp, more like 360rwhp, and second, I dont recall saying that on the TV show, you better check it again, especially since I was there with my Murcielago.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #33
allanlambo
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
and what about those 330 RWHP 12.2 C5 Z06 times out there, a-plenty No magazines, just GPS verified from individual owners

also, a modern "modded" car will go little faster w/out the proper engine tune, I don't care what the price of upgrading is, a proper dyno tune of each individual car being tuned would be nessisary.... it may be possible that this CS is even running less then it ought to.

In any case, a 360 CS isn't the drag king, it is a more ideal track car...

Gallardo's aren't so bad, but for some reason, i prefer an old school approach with the cars from the original round of hyper exotics in the early 90's... the Vector W8, the Jag XJ220, and the F40... while Diablo came of age under Audi supervision.

in reference to fsandy's post...
a mid engine car with RWD should dyno with less drivetrain loss then a front engine RWD car... a C5Z06 (2001) will dyno @ 330 RWHP and 385 SAE HP... so 320 is enormously low... but bear in mind, if Allen is talking about higher elevation, and perhaps hot weather dyno runs; which will edge off a factory dyno run, or dyno run at 760 mm of Hg, and 65 F

off topic... i recall seeing you on some tv show in a Lambo event... and you made some factless claim for the camera.... "every car here costs more then $300,000.00!" were you trying to retain more value for your SV at the time? LOL
Not to mention there is a BIG difference when Corvette owners slap drag radials on there cars, vs street tires.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
Old 12-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #34
RC45
Regular User

2001 385bhp C5 Z06's dyno at 330 to 340 rwhp.

2002-2004 405bhp C5 Z06's dyno at - gasp - 20hp more - 350 to 360rwhp.

2006-~ C6 Z06's dyno at 440 to 450rwhp give or take.

There have been a number of 2001 C5 Z06's running 12.0 and even dipping into the 11's with 11.99 and 11.98 on Goodyear F1 street tyres.. and numerous 2002-2004 C5 Z06's running 12.0 and many running in the 11's - I seem to recall an 11.90 on Stock Goodyear.

Those times are all driver, and the diference is that the average weekend hack can run sub 12s with DR's - but there have been a number of street tyre runs

C6 Z06 agan with drivers like Ranger and Amir pulling deep into the 11's all day long.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #35
nthfinity
Regular User

First check your facts as to what C5 Z06's dynod, they dyno more than 330rwhp, more like 360rwhp, and second, I dont recall saying that on the TV show, you better check it again, especially since I was there with my Murcielago.
notice i mentioned 2001 with 20 less hp then 2002-2004.
I didn't watch long enough to see what car you were driving; but that is exactly what you had said before i flipped the channel. If i want to see exotic cars, and lamborghinis', I'll call my friend with a Murci, Murci roadster, Gallardo, G spyder; among other cars who is a few miles down the road... i'm sure you would agree that in person is far superior to TV, or interwebs. I saw it, and that is exactly what you said.

perhaps it was just more a little aura of being around so many lambo's talking, rather then normal Allenlambo?
Not to mention there is a BIG difference when Corvette owners slap drag radials on there cars, vs street tires.
I believe the fastest street time's of C5 Z06's in stock trim with GYEF1 tires (stock) was in the 12.0's, uncorrected.
the new C6 Z06 is hitting 11.2- 11.3 uncorrected, a very good driver, and stock run flats.
**[email protected] w/ a 1.688 60' w/ a bone stock 06Z06**
with the slips to prove it
the fastest cheater slicks has been Edit : 11.10 on cheater DR... not bad for a cheaply built gofastmobile; and quite honestly, the way to have fun while quietly building the next big thing. 8)
Old 12-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #36
Al Fucking Gore
Regular User

One guy actually sued Ferrari.
I would too, they cause Global Warming
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 AM   #37
RC45
Regular User

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/p...mbobusarun.wmv

Here's a slow Lambo..
Old 12-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #38
vitojad
Regular User

Originally Posted by fsandys
One guy actually sued Ferrari.
Why did this not make the news?

But again, you guys are know it alls, and your magazines are gospel. :roll:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1444272.html
vitojad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #39
allanlambo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/Lambobusarun.wmv

Here's a slow Lambo..
Thats my firend Adnan in the Roadster. Its pretty slow, I beat him pretty bad in my Gallardo SE.

As for the Z06, as i said, due to the DA level at the track in AZ, those cars DO NOT run anywhere near those times, or MPH.

When Ranger ran his 10.85 it was at 800 BELOW sea level, the track in Az gets as bad 4500 above.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #40
TeflonTron
Regular User

Hey Allan. How's it going?

TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/Lambobusarun.wmv

Here's a slow Lambo..
Thats my firend Adnan in the Roadster. Its pretty slow, I beat him pretty bad in my Gallardo SE.

As for the Z06, as i said, due to the DA level at the track in AZ, those cars DO NOT run anywhere near those times, or MPH.

When Ranger ran his 10.85 it was at 800 BELOW sea level, the track in Az gets as bad 4500 above.
Houston Raceway Park is not below sealevel. What's you explanation for the fast runs pulled out the bag there?