Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #31
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
What is evident on this forum in the American Muscle section is just pure ignorance of anything non-Vette.
I hope you are not addressing me on this. I have extensive interest and knowledge in all things automotive. Books, videos, DVD's and pictures etc.
I guess we all know ur interest on cars, personally i think u have a great knowledge about them, ive even have learned stuff frome you

It's so damn good put a blower on it and it will eat the enzo alive. Its so damn good that it will beat a Ferrari that there are no plans for even...
Well - that sadly is a reality - slap a blower on it and it will run with the Enzo etc. Don't hate on it for that potential, just accept that it is.

Doers that make it an Enzo - of course it doesn't
I totally agree with you in this one, I said this a few times (with different exapmples) and people even have said im a snob, and they just dont get it, or I don't know how to explain it.

Why can't we all just be PERFORMANCE enthusiasts - and if "our favourite" make/model loses, it loses.

You cannot count how many times I have had to hear online and in person the line "Yeah - sure your crappy Chevy beats my M3, but it doesn't have the interior refinement I have" etc etc.

Give it up already is what I say

Any one else tired of not just being able to enjoy the PERFORMANCE of performance cars...???
your right in this one, but i guess we should also discuss the other stuff as inetriors and all that stuff, after all this is a car forum than involves everything in them. We just dont have to take it too far and start saying stupid shit.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #32
Global Warming
Regular User

Presumably the Enzo offers the closest thing for formula 1 expriance you can have in a road legal car. That being the fact that it's full of the technology etc etc...
Westfield XTR4 is street legal.
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:06 PM   #33
sameerrao
Regular User

[quote="SFDMALEX"]
Presumably the Enzo offers the closest thing for formula 1 expriance you can have in a road legal car. That being the fact that it's full of the technology etc etc...
Perhaps the Rocket (Gordan Murray open wheel car) and Radical SRT would come the closest to a race car feel from a "road car". Just my opinion

I remember some interview where Michael said his RS6 was a great car but was 25% as fun as an F430. And then he said the F430 was about 10% as much fun as the F1 car.

Sorry for going off-topic here ... besides I dont know remember what the original topic was anyway ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:09 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere

If you read my post you will see me say "technology", something the westfield doesnt have. The tricky TC, the flappy gearbox and all the other stuff derived straight from F1
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
race car feel from a "road car"....
Not F1 though.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:12 PM   #36
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere

If you read my post you will see me say "technology", something the westfield doesnt have. The tricky TC, the flappy gearbox and all the other stuff derived straight from F1
OH if you want that stuff just get a Pontiac grand-prix?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #37
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
race car feel from a "road car"....
Not F1 though.
Well nothing gives you a true F1 feel other than F1 ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #38
graywolf624
Regular User

This 'fued' runs a little deeper than just this thread - they have "history".
You make it sound like they dated or something.. lol..

OH if you want that stuff just get a Pontiac grand-prix?
lol.. Not that the grand prix isnt a good car but.. lol..
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 PM   #39
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
We've been secretly dating and I asked for a Ferrari as a wedding gift and he offered me a Vette...thats were it all started
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
We've been secretly dating and I asked for a Ferrari as a wedding gift and he offered me a Vette...thats were it all started
It was this beautiful custom convertible...

...the spinazzz were so you
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #41
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Please tell me thats a ps or a kit car at least...
Old 07-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #42
Kinxy
Regular User

once and for all, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER will I or any fucking one you choose an american corvette over a F430! Quit bitchin, this thread is about f430, keep the american piece of shit out of it
Kinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kinxy
once and for all, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER will I or any fucking one you choose an american corvette over a F430! Quit bitchin, this thread is about f430, keep the american piece of shit out of it
Blow it out your arse.

BTW - what do you drive? I suppose it's a new F430 :roll: - fanboy.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Please tell me thats a ps or a kit car at least...
We are not sure - I was sure the 6 tail lights are PS - but someone says some idiot in Florida actually does stuff like this to any car you bring to his shop.

Hard to believe that someone else would pay money for it.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #45
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kinxy
You’re an idiot because I love Vettes. But you are right about one thing. I don’t know how in the world it came up in this thread. The F430 is in a completely different league. I agree that there is no comparison. The 430 is a masterpiece! The Vette is not even close, its a great car for a VERY great price but will never be a Ferrari.