Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 PM   #61
Sir_GT
Regular User

Hmmm... point made. I could only assume that Jeremy chose to avoid mentioning it altogether because that would've taken away from the piece they presented.

And yes, the prices we pay for cars are absolutely ridiculous. For a car-loving nation, it's ironic that we're being run by such car-hating politicians. I guess that's the trade-off for being able to drive practically anything on the road. (Ariel Atom?)

Anyway... back to topic... errr... what was this thread about again?
Old 07-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #62
DeMoN
Regular User

The only thing wrong I can see in that car is the front bumper. Those round air holes dont look good. I hope that when they make the CS version of it, they put in a nicer front bumper.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #63
jenkF1
Regular User

Corvettes are beautiful, full of kick arse American attitude and old ones, as with all classic American cars have plenty of charecter.

However, apart from the latest vette the Americans still havv't worked out how to go round corners and how to get efficient power out of an engine.

So although Ferrari is commonly accepted as the king, accept thats because it is.

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:19 PM   #64
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by jenkF1
However, apart from the latest vette the Americans still havv't worked out how to go round corners and how to get efficient power out of an engine.
Umm; I don't think that is quite true! The Saleen S7 is a car which by all accounts goes around a corner with the best that Europe can produce.

In terms of which car is better; I think it is pretty much a pointless exercise trying to discern the superiority. Even more so when it comes to what car you would spend you’re hard earned cash on.

Buying a car is an emotive action. The Corvette has it’s appeal; in my eyes it has an underdog quality which is traditionally desirable. Much like a TVR has. That purposeful, ruff round the edges but gets the damn job done well quality. TVR are a simple affair, we are talking bucket science compared to the like of Porsche. (As is the Corvette) The Corvette utilises (sorry: utilizes!) well proven, solid principles. If it went all hi tech like the Ferrari’s of the world then it simply would not be the car it is today.

Sure, if you look a the spec list of a Corvette (by which I mean technical; not the option list) and compare it with some exotica the Corvette will come ‘last’; but show the two the same bit of road and it will out perform your expectations, and in the right hands will out perform many a exotic.

For this reason I have a lot of respect for the Corvette and what it stands for. Would I buy one? No; I would buy a TVR…
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote