Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #61
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
well, ill imagine for a second that i HAVE to choose one.
on that though, ill choose the Koenigsegg for a few key reasons.

it may be bland styling... but, at least i wont be grotesquely userped to vomit every time i see it parked out side. i think the keonigsegg is the honda accord of the supercar world... it would just blend in with the other supercars.

the doors on the koenigsegg kick ass

the engine is a wild and untaimed beast in the k-segg, whereas, i would not be suprized to find out the zonda has ESP built into the engine manegment computer. the merc v12 doesnt have a wild howl, it doesnt have an operatic voice.... in any clip ive ever heard it... its a mindless drone

and finally, if i was to buy one of these supercars, why would i care so much about daily drivability... if i can afford one, i cirtainly other car options that are designed for compfort, rather then a compromise.
Zonda mindless drone!?!? First time i've heard that!

Watch the video in that thread that sentra_dude posted. It sounds glorious!

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:12 PM   #62
ViperASR
Regular User

Zonda, no questions asked. They have had reliability problems with the Koenigsegg, but as Tiff said in the review of the Zonda, they drove one for over a month, averaged 20mpg, ran it hard, and it had absolutly no problems. Zonda for me

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:22 PM   #63
DeMoN
Regular User

I am not a fan of Mercedes so that makes me dislike the Zonda =/ Koenigsegg clearly then is my choise.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:24 AM   #64
nthfinity
Regular User

I am not a fan of Mercedes so that makes me dislike the Zonda =/ Koenigsegg clearly then is my choise.

yes, ive heard the sound.... and sure... its better then say... an inline-6 any day.
and compared with a ferrari v12, or even the undepowered jaguar v12 in the old xj's sounds less mundane.
so, in that sence, it is a mindless drone ish sound. and i stand by what i said ... no opera singer, and no wild beast... those are the sounds i love in supercars
of course, IMO
Old 08-17-2004, 06:38 AM   #65
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

yes, ive heard the sound.... and sure... its better then say... an inline-6 any day.
and compared with a ferrari v12, or even the undepowered jaguar v12 in the old xj's sounds less mundane.
so, in that sence, it is a mindless drone ish sound. and i stand by what i said ... no opera singer, and no wild beast... those are the sounds i love in supercars
of course, IMO
fair enough, thats your opinion.

Personally i'd definately rate it in the top 5, or maybe even top 3 best sounding engines along with the porsche CGT, ferrari 360/355 and the aston V12 (db9, db7, vanquish). I think the enzo's V12 is blander than the zondas...
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote