Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-16-2004, 09:59 AM   #31
brian
Regular User

put myself thru college AND drove the car in my sig (recently graduated).

My Album
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #32
dropot2
Regular User

I'm student and my car is my mom's car. It's a Citro??n AX, it is 14 years old and it has run 164.000 km...but I love it

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7783
________
Toyota pod specifications

Last edited by dropot2; 02-10-2011 at 06:14 PM.
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:25 AM   #33
oantob
Regular User

i'm a student and i drove a mitsubishi lancer 1995 series...its quite old but i take good care of it...until i afford to buy an evolution one...
Old 03-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #34
Tomerville
Regular User

Had 3 cars in High School First was a Mercedes C43 (totaled) then a Mercedes E320 (sold) and my Senior Year got a 03 Tundra (sold)

then during the summer had about 4 other cars, now i have a 540i
Are you for real? or just shitting. Do you care about cars or anything? Pix or STFU

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:52 PM   #35
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET fucking Ferrari, DAMN, no words..............

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #36
1zippo1
Regular User

Indeed that 360 modena is supernice in black!!!

I never said you were lying but I said it wasn't very likely. There are so many people on the internet who pretend to have ferrari's and porsche's.

You are 18 and you've had all of these cars... you must say that it isn't something many people can say.

One thing that bugs me however is, why so many cars? And why so much different cars. You can hardly say a Ferrari 360 is comparable to that bmw that you now have... And you seem to talk about cars like you don't really care about them. If I would have owned a 360 Modena I would have told something about it...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #37
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

If I would have owned a 360 Modena I would have told something about it...
I would of made cool video's about it, CRAZY CAR.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #38
High3nd
Regular User

360 = dad The cars i listed were all mine. I wish the 360 was mine. I love cars, it is a huge hobby for me and something i want to do the rest of my life. I get a car, fix it up to the way i like it and drive it for awhile. Then start a new project. My dad is just a great supporter of it and lets me do this. He is my Sponsor

Yeh you all probably think i'm spoiled but i'm my dads only son, so who else is he gonna spend the money on? Like i said, the 540i is my next project, lots of plans for it so you'll all see pics soon.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #39
vincentq4
Regular User

uh oh! I am having a preacher moment!!!
Hey man not every body thinks your spoiled.......if I was your dad I wouldnt spend it on you if you werent wise with it.....hobby is a hobby in any shape or form it always takes money to do because its worth it to you..in your case its your dads hobby as well and he may not have time to do what you do..so he lives it thru you......but ultimately........not all of us get this chance to support our hobbies like you have....so enjoy it man and learn from it. Dont let other ppls jealousy take the enjoyment away!!!!....maybe you might wanna be an engineer someday???? like me!!! all I wanna do is road race at a track...whether its Karting or solo I...or if I get enough money soon I will buy an ascc IT car!!! and go buzurk!!!! wish me luck...but yeah there is that $75,000.00 student loan!!!!
vincentq4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #40
Junk2006
Regular User

My first car was a GMC safari van
Old 03-20-2004, 01:29 AM   #41
bmagni
Regular User

i didnt pay for my car, but i love my m3 smg !!!!!
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:49 PM   #42
novass
Regular User

I still have my first car, my Nova. All paid for by me except for a few things I got as presents like a stereo etc.

Got a job at the age of 14 just so I would be able to get the car I wanted instead of what my parents wanted when I got my license.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #43
dream
Regular User

when i was a student ...i drove a 2 litre diesel mercedes from the 70s .....
dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:33 AM   #44
mofia77
Regular User

Default Re: The best students car!! ( that your dady didnt buy!!)

Originally Posted by vincentq4
Hey guys ... what kind of ride do you have if your a student...and if not...what did you have when you were!!!

I am still a student..and I drive a 1990 Chev Beretta GTZ....it has a 4 cyl twin cam engine that produces 180 hp & 160 lb-ft when stock...it dynoed at the wheels 153 hp and 141 lbft...the tourque went up when I put on 2.5 inch exhaust all the way.....the tourque comes in at 120 lbft at 2200 rpm!!!!....and the gearing is very tall I can hit 160 km/h in third @ 7000 rpm and the top speed is very very close to 225 km/h (140 Mph) in fourth gear ( severely needs closer ratio's). It does the 1/4 mile in 15.414 @ 92 Mph...at least that was my best run....and all I have to do is shift only till 3rd gear!!!
sounds like you're describing my car.. ..too many concidences...
only mine is a 1996 Toyota Levin GTZ...4 cyl twin cam that produces 170 hp & 155 lb ft...dynoed ~140 whp and similar torque..i also hit 160 km/h in 3rd @ 7000 rpm..tho i have a top speed of about 150 mph (gearbox limited)...in 5th....i to have a best 1/4 mile et of 15.4...missin 3rd tho.. ops: ..dats funny
Old 03-31-2004, 12:04 AM   #45
vincentq4
Regular User

Default Re: The best students car!! ( that your dady didnt buy!!)

well may be the same power level... but the corolla is supecharged.

I did price a supercharger for my car..but I need to wait till I finish school to get that trim to 260 hp.....for 5 grand??? maybe I wont...and just improve the chassis and do some cyl head work....and buy some track tires.....thats more fun than a supercharger.
vincentq4 is offline   Reply With Quote