Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear Australia - Episode Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Top Gear Australia - S2 EP1 - 11th May, 2009 - Discussion

After a little body work, grease and oil change and a tune-up, the 8-episode series will showcase Warren Brown, Steve Pizzati and James Morrison in all-new challenges, great new segments, the latest car reviews and Stars in a Bog Standard Car.

To welcome James, the new bloke to the series, Steve and Warren thought they would be kind and let James pick whatever car he wanted for his first review. We won’t give away what he chose but here’s what he said about it.

“You know this really is an amazing car. It takes your driving ability and amplifies it so that you come out like some kind of Michael Schumacher – and I don’t mean rich and retired…just quick,” said James.

Steve decides to drop in on James’ first review with his own car, the BMW 135i, and soon enough the competitive spirit is awakened as James challenges Steve to a drag race and lap around Oran Park to find out whose car really is the best.

The high-octane capers continue when Warren and James are teamed against Steve in a race from Melbourne to Portsea. To test the fastest motoring option on the eve of a long weekend and guaranteed traffic jams, both teams have the use of the top machine in their vehicles’ class. For Steve it’s one of the most expensive cars available in Australia - the new Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 worth a whopping $800,000. For Warren and James – it’s something a little more compact…and personal.

Australian motor racing great, Mark Skaife shows his fierce competitive streak when he puts everything on the line for top honours as the Star in a Bog Standard Car. Steve and James walk you through every turn and straight on the Top Gear Australia track.

Also, in the opening jam-packed episode of the series, the lads decide to quell the rumours and prove, at their own peril, that the Top Gear Australia Stig is a fair dinkum, true blue Aussie. A new segment is unveiled and this week sees the hosts making a hilarious attempt to recreate a well-known television car commercial in the studio.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Seems that some parts are interesting
Old 05-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
vexor
Regular User

^^^ lol, oh, that's not what i meant about the episode i just do that so that i can put in a new post, the forum won't let me just put in a quote on it's own.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote