Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default Berlin-Budapest in a 997 GT3

A guy flying low on Europes highways

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig

Last edited by LEXION; 12-15-2007 at 02:08 PM.
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Svensson
Regular User

What an idiot. Now I understand why you're such a Gumball fan. And it's a 997 GT3 btw.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
LEXION
Regular User

What? you dont like supercars, speed, overtaking, highway?

and I misstyped the name of the car, sorry

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
Old 12-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
komotar
Regular User

that was just high speed dumbness imo

I'm all for high speed, but not like this

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
Now I understand why you're such a Gumball fan.
I love Gumball mostly for the amazing cars and great routes.....you can get the thrill of speed even at DisneyLand....its not the main thing i like about rallies, For me , Gumball is an amazing collection of supercars in the most different places in the world...its not often you see an Enzo in Morocco or an Veyron in Albania or an F50 in the villages of Asia....Its not all a 100mph accident marathon .....

Old 12-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Svensson
Regular User

Originally Posted by LEXION View Post
What? you dont like supercars, speed, overtaking, highway?

and I misstyped the name of the car, sorry
I like supercars, speed and overtaking. What I don't like is complete idiots like the guy in your video who put other people's lives at risk by criss-crossing through traffic at twice the speed or even faster. If you think you're such a gung-ho, go to a racetrack or at least have the decency to wait until traffic has quiteted down and stay in the left lane.

How good or experienced this driver may be, you have to remember that other people do not expect another car to overtake them on the wrong side at 200+ km/h. One sudden move and it could end up in tragedy.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
I like supercars, speed and overtaking. What I don't like is complete idiots like the guy in your video who put other people's lives at risk by criss-crossing through traffic at twice the speed or even faster. If you think you're such a gung-ho, go to a racetrack or at least have the decency to wait until traffic has quiteted down and stay in the left lane.

How good or experienced this driver may be, you have to remember that other people do not expect another car to overtake them on the wrong side at 200+ km/h. One sudden move and it could end up in tragedy.
yeah, but at those speeds, its takes almost a fraction of second while passing the other cars....in that short moment while he passes one car, I dont think its that dangerous of anything happening.......but I dont understand , how come, on a 3 lane highway, with almost no cars, there's ALWAYS someone on the first lane, not only in this video, when at the begining there 3 cars side by side, but everytime!

Old 12-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #8
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by LEXION View Post
yeah, but at those speeds, its takes almost a fraction of second while passing the other cars....in that short moment while he passes one car, I dont think its that dangerous of anything happening.......but I dont understand , how come, on a 3 lane highway, with almost no cars, there's ALWAYS someone on the first lane, not only in this video, when at the begining there 3 cars side by side, but everytime!
what? so if it only takes a fraction of a second its not dangerous at all? lol!!!
sorry but thats plain stupid (what you're saying and what he's doing)...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni View Post
what? so if it only takes a fraction of a second its not dangerous at all? lol!!!
I didint said its not dangerous at all, but the chances of something bad happening in the second you overtake a car at those speeds are less, than something happening while a truck or a slower car overtakes in more time.....something simillar happend to a cousin of mine, a truck passed him, and got back on his lane faster because another car came from the other side, and clipped him with the trailer. (beeing faster in that situation, would have resulted in no accident)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #10
fordgt84
Regular User

fu**ing porsche drivers, a guy in a 911 turbo caused death probably doin the same thing in that rally, i like the gumball in the sense u get to see all these nice cars, but when they do stupid shit like that it just ruins it...not cool, not cool at all
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #11
blinkmeat
Regular User

Yes it's stupid // Don't think we need to rehash that over and over

Awesome vid !!
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
stmoritzer
Regular User

Stupid idiot to do this on public roads

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
Z3uS
Regular User

That's some crazy driving! I won't say i didn't enjoyed the video but it could have caused a serious accident all those lane changing, right lane overtaking... That aside it's still a nice video.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
DI48LO
Regular User

The problem is nobody is used to these speeds and if you overtake someone (or going to overtake) the other drivers' reaction could be very dangerous.
DI48LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
Svensson
Regular User

Originally Posted by DI48LO View Post
The problem is nobody is used to these speeds and if you overtake someone (or going to overtake) the other drivers' reaction could be very dangerous.
That's what I said before, but Lexion said that it was no problem, because the GT3 would fly by in the blink of an eye, thus it would be safe