Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #46
Evo
Regular User

That is one fine looking bike.. Very clean looking..
Old 08-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #47
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
you don't know many choppers do you. they have some of the best power to weight out there. handling is shit but speed isn't a problem.
Uhm - apparently you don't know much about choppers.

Most have an aweful power to weight ratio.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:57 PM   #48
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by TNT
you don't know many choppers do you. they have some of the best power to weight out there. handling is shit but speed isn't a problem.
Uhm - apparently you don't know much about choppers.

What do you know man. Dont argue with a man who owns a mac
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #49
TNT
Regular User

whatever.....to each his own.... i am not going to argue b/c i have hardheaded one and two
Old 08-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #50
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

It's a beautiful bike. If you don't see that, than you should go rub your vaginas.

Sure it's not a performance bike.. and to say anything with style over performance is "poser" is just silly.. You don't buy a nice tuxedo and use it to run the marathon. Not the best analogy but you get the point.

And I'm sure it goes like stink ;P
Old 08-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #51
nickthaskater

It's running ~120hp by the way, if anyone is interested.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
whatever.....to each his own.... i am not going to argue b/c i have hardheaded one and two
What ever?

You said choppers have great power to weight ratios ... I guess a 600lb chopper making 150bhp is agreat power to weight ratio - compared to a city bus, but it pales alongside a 400lb 180bhp sport bike
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #53
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by TNT
What ever?

You said choppers have great power to weight ratios ... I guess a 600lb chopper making 150bhp is agreat power to weight ratio - compared to a city bus, but it pales alongside a 400lb 180bhp sport bike
personally, in a bike, I DONT SEE BEAUTY IN ALL CHOPPERS.

they look like crap, they aren't functional, and they sound like every other Harley AMF out there.

you want a real choppers? Buy a GP replica bike ( or real for that matter) my own personal favorite "Chopper" is a bike called the Britten V1000.... its been so "chopped" that it has carbon fibre front wishbone suspension, and body well before the other GP teams even tried it.... not to mention a very strong chassis, and amazing powerplant, and superb aerodynamics.

thats what a real Chopper is.... a go fast bike made to go faster.... and the fact that it happens to be beautiful is nice
Old 08-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #54
ice
Regular User

Personally, although id never buy a chopper myself, its tough to critisize their "use". People ride them to feel good, and that bike looks great. The argument about the suit isnt relevant, a gorgeous suit is far less useful then cargo pants and a sweater, but it doesnt make a suit useless.

A chopper is more about tradition, if you want a sport bike buy one of those, a gixxer or Aprila or Ducati, but if you grew up partial to choppers, or merely admire their form over function quality then you will buy one of them.

I find it ironic that someone with a 650 bhp, 2 seat, gas guzzling Ferrari road car in their signature is critisizing a bike as being useless.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:44 AM   #55
Mattk
Regular User

As you would imagine.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:39 AM   #56
thestingrayboys
Regular User

The point that seems to be missed, somewhat, is the evolution of the chopper owner. You don't turn 16 and fall in love with choppers (rarely). It's the evolution of having ridden everything else... sport bikes, cruisers, cafes, etc. You get to the point where you want to ride something unique. Your own. You don't want to take it to another city, country, etc. You want to go to your favourite bar or hang out. It makes you feel great. People always want to talk about it. You can have a chopper as stiff or comfortable as you want. The shorter the average trip you plan to ride it, the firmer the ride you can handle. It's not about comfort or handling. Power is a relative term too. 100 - 150hp with low gears makes for a hell of a run to 100kph. Are there faster vehicles? Absolutely. DOn't knock it until you've tried it, and don't try it until you've reached the point inyour life where it fits the bill. For most people, that's about the time they are having a mid-life crisis and a great pill to take is a Walz-Hardcore-Cycle like Kimi's !!!
thestingrayboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #57
Mattk
Regular User

So you have to ride every other motorcycle before you like this beast? If I rode every motocycle before setting my heart on one, it probably wouldn't be this.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #58
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Holy crap thats a nice bike and whats even crazy is that the current wallpaper for my desktop is a deviantart version of that bike, made in 3d studio max or sumtin! AMAZING am in love with that bike i need one!