Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
There's always a little look good feel good deep inside all of us. So what if you pose once in a while, we do dress up to job intervies and stuff. A chopper is like art, and putting a picture in a living room doesn't really do much as long as you see fit (or mostly a wife job to say it fits). He probably has some other more pratical bikes, that thing has no suspension travel @ the back what so ever.
Originally Posted by freddiefish
Not everything has to handle good or had to be fast on the track. It's a bit like a convertible, more for cruising. And it's just beautiful. Then again, I don't think there are streetlegal vehicles that are fast on the track compared to his F1 car
Hehehe - the chopper is simply a pop icon.

Its pretty funny to watch all the "chopper shows" on TV, then you see all the guys out "riding" their chopper...

As a performance motorcycle rider I ave never riden anything more junk, or rubbish than a "custom chopper".

It is amazing - all y'all hate the "big yank tank cruiser can't handle" cars.. yet drink up the "yank style chopper"... whcih is only a freeway poser/cruiser.

Irony at work.

One can tell those that have riden a chopper and those that haven't - it's like the "Countach love affair" - keep dreaming, becaue the reality is terrible
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #32
5vz-fe
Regular User

I agree, those freaking reality shows really spoils it all, every once in a while you run into those that pretend to like classic cars, but end up knowing nothing year 67 (if u know what I mean).

^LOL.....good old top gear Countach affair...

A few months back, I was at a biz dinner, and a BMW bike craz co-worker of mine was chatting with anther person. So he was telling stories about how he enjoy riding and maintaining his R90 and how the good torque characteristics made it a good touring bike. Then the other guy jump in and say..."oh, yeah, maybe if u like so much you should try build one yourself, those custom choppers looks like a good cruiser and packs some serious performance". My friend, stayed slient for a while after that.....
Old 08-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Yeah - just yanking y'alls chains any way...

Of course thos e"industrial looking designs" are bad ass... like the Viper engine bike - the 300 series back tire looks badass... but thats where it ends
Old 08-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #34
nickthaskater

All people have said is that it looks cool, no one has said that it's a killer track day machine or anything of the sort.

Seriously RC, stop trying to turn every thread into a bitchfest with some random dig at people that doesn't even make any sense.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
All people have said is that it looks cool, no one has said that it's a killer track day machine or anything of the sort
And your point?
I also said it looked cool - but was far from useful, as I have never enjoyed riding modded choppers - I am entitled my own opinion - right?

Or are we only allowed posts that agree with your views?

Seriously RC, stop trying to turn every thread into a bitchfest with some random dig at people that doesn't even make any sense.
Just because I don't enjoy riding bad handling choppers that "look cool" you have get all righteous?

Seriously - why do you always have to turn what I say into a fight?

Oh - and further more - you can kiss my arse... I clearly stated:

But you just want to start shit - as usual.

:roll:

Oh and for the record? Custom choppers suck to ride and are inherently dangerous..

p.s.: In case your feelings got hurt back there... I'm sorry.. ok?

You wnat a hug?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #36
nickthaskater

I only brought that up because you're going on about how people are saying all kinds of shit, when no one has done any such thing.

Nice one trying to play Mr Righteous again though, A for effort.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 AM   #37
RC45
Regular User

I only brought that up because you're going on about how people are saying all kinds of shit, when no one has done any such thing.
I only bring this up because you're going on about how I am saying all kinds of shit, when I clearly stated:

Nice one trying to play Mr Righteous again though, A for effort.
No righteousness there buddy - the fact is simply that riding those "cool poser choppers" is not the hugely fun excercise people think it is.

But of course, if you had a different experience when you last rode a custom chopper and you feel differently about it, then thats ok too.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:13 AM   #38
black_magician
Regular User

can you hear kimi talking about his bike?....

"i like the bike because it is fast and doesn't break"

in that monotone finnish voice.
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #39
StanAE86
Regular User

That's pimp. I wish it was in color. I get the feeling it's in carbon and flat black?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #40
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by freddiefish
Not everything has to handle good or had to be fast on the track. It's a bit like a convertible, more for cruising. And it's just beautiful. Then again, I don't think there are streetlegal vehicles that are fast on the track compared to his F1 car
Yea but. A chopper isnt a good cruiser. Nor does it take bends well nor is it quick.

It's a useless bike.

If I just wanted something beautiful I would get my self a Brioni suit and some nice italian leather shoes to go with it.

Choppers are pushed as "functional bikes/cruisers" but they aint. And why would I want something that is build to pose? How is it different from a "cool looking kitted honda civic"?

Would you drive a good looking four banger CRX that looks "cool"? I sure as hell wish you wont. Just to "look good feel good"?

Why not drive a kit car F40. "Look good feel good" why not?

I hope you catch my drift.

It's not art, because its not advertised as art nor sold as art. Hence its fucking useless as a bike, as art too, so what the fuck is it then?

So once again:

Is it a good bike? No

Is it art? No

You see its the most useless thing on the planet.

A nice suit keep you warm and if it makes you look good thats just extra points. Hence get a Brioni suit if you can afford it. A Ferrari is quick and it looks good. Extra points right there.

When I buy shoes I look for comfort. Then I make sure they look good so I can pick up some ass at the club

Now would you drive a Ferrari that looks good but has a 4 banger vtec? No. Would you wear a nice looking suit that made you sweat a bucket because there is too much polyester in the cotton mix? No.
*I have a few shirts like that, ass magnets, but I just gave them to salvation army cause that shit keeps my back wet not cool

So tell me. Why the fuck would you ride a bike that has the same effect on your spine as lifting furniture with your back bent?

Choppers are like Macs....cept macs are slightly less useless
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #41
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I must agree that choppers "look" good...but they are useless. I myself would never buy. Kimi's looks great, kinda sealthy, not the ordinary chopper.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #42
5vz-fe
Regular User

It's not art, because its not advertised as art nor sold as art. Hence its fucking useless as a bike, as art too, so what the fuck is it then?
You can call anything art as long as the person who created it put his particular taste / thought to it. Sometimes looking good is a "function". What the hell is a big ass scupture doing in the lobby of a business building? Like RC said, it's like a "Countach Affair". It may drive shitty, but it's a love affair for everyone that looks at it.

You see its the most useless thing on the planet.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, own likings, you really don't have to make ppl see it the same way you did.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #43
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Meh whats the point?

They dont handle. They dont go fast.

Its like a mac.
Or an old Ferrari...

I'm not a big fan of choppers, but this one is pretty damn sweet! 8)
Yeab but old Ferraris where fast and handled in their prime

Choppers where never fast nor held the track

I mean sure it looks cool, but Id think an F1 driver would have a busa or something not a chopper.

you don't know many choppers do you. they have some of the best power to weight out there. handling is shit but speed isn't a problem.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #44
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

you don't know many choppers do you. they have some of the best power to weight out there. handling is shit but speed isn't a problem.
I sure as hell dont. Why would I want to take deep interest in a fucking useless sector of the motorcycle world.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #45
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, own likings, you really don't have to make ppl see it the same way you did.
Ok so? Im entitled to my'n and I stated it. Its just painful cause its the truth but its ok, ya'll can take it with some lube to soften the effect.