Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:16 AM   #136
saadie
Regular User

lol ... this is going no where .....

im gonna say this once .. weather anyone likes it or not ...

McLaren F1 is not a bad handling car 8)
Old 08-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #137
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Anything handles better than a Hi Lux..
Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #138
dash

nthfinity: oh dude, You have completely no idea what are You talking about, no idea, zero. Probably because of the "bad handling" that car was totally dominating at race tracks since the car appeared? Yeah... just listen to the guy with Lotus on his avatar... :roll:
Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 AM   #139
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dash
nthfinity: oh dude, You have completely no idea what are You talking about, no idea, zero. Probably because of the "bad handling" that car was totally dominating at race tracks since the car appeared? Yeah... just listen to the guy with Lotus on his avatar... :roll:
just another fanboy.

notice the race version has quite some modifications to aid its' winning ways... and in no way does the true production car handle like the GTR, LM or whatever letters you want to insert.... although, im sure the aero kits do help it at speed

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^

a typical fan boy responce "it cant be the car, its the driver"

in responce to that, look at the way he handles the car, he has some serious driving experience... the speed of his reflexes is very quick, his downshifting; the way he grasps the wheel.

but go ahead, and think its just the driver, or the weight distro with a passenger.

what you see in this video is the exact same thing i've been talking about for quite some time; with direct contact with a licenced racer who has one.

seems like too much coincidence to me 8)

this is a typical thread and post of a hater!!

to complain about a cars handling from a vid of a douche bag that doesn't seem to care about taking it a little on the easy side with the engine of the new car.

for anyone to try and criticise any cars handling from a vid like this is to show complete idiocy!!
just a pair of fanboys right in a row.

yes, i do loath the McLaren F1; and this video demonstrates what has been discussed previously... without my previously seeing this video BTW.

in the end, it is my unbiased look at this video in hopes that i would be wrong, and mistaken; and have to dislike the F1 for its style ; and its fan-base alone.

you show me the handling tests where it doesn't suck... Tiff clearly doesn't push the car that hard in any of the TG videos; but hey... if you see that as Tiff pushing hard, then good for you; enjoy the car. since its my observations alone; and if you want to agree, or disagree.... i could really care less TBH.

I think there has been enough evidence posted within this VERY topic to suggest the F1 has serious balance issues, posted by both Sentra_dude, and Lotus; besides this "end all proof" :-p that the F1's are piss poor handling cars for what it is.

what did this video spark?

a discussion, which led to more evidence of the SAME thing i've been talking about for many moons; even brought up by the McLarens' fan base here.

I have no real idea why the car is so loved by so many; but honestly.... the car is no hero; nor does it deserve that kind of attention; besides its' rarity.

the car is definately not deserving, anymore then any other exotic. It simply doesn't belong on a pedistal; as people will get let down by its performance if/when they ever actually get in contact with it, drive it, ride in it etc.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:22 AM   #140
5vz-fe
Regular User

I have no real idea why the car is so loved by so many; but honestly.... the car is no hero; nor does it deserve that kind of attention; besides its' rarity.
First off, I think you have some issues in labeling ppl, u are almost implying that if you don't hate the F1, you must be a Fanboy. I don't think that's polite.

A person could
- feel respect for the F1
- has F1 is one of the list of cars they like
- has F1 cameout on top of the list of cars they like
- thinks F1 is OK
- thinks F1 is inferior to the cars of same period
- simply hate the F1 and fail to see any qualities of F1 that surpass other super cars of the same period

...etc

For me, I respect the F1 for its speed, ground breaking center driving position design, chassis design, advance electronics (remote diagnostics), use of NA engine instead of Turbo charged alternative (F40 EB110 XJ220 ..)

the car is definately not deserving, anymore then any other exotic. It simply doesn't belong on a pedistal; as people will get let down by its performance if/when they ever actually get in contact with it, drive it, ride in it etc.
You sounded like you know many Macca owners, and also driven the car to a point where you find all the flaws.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #141
nthfinity
Regular User

You sounded like you know many Macca owners, and also driven the car to a point where you find all the flaws.
driven it..... no; know a former Macca owner? yes, spoken with another, yes.

LOL, why do people love this car?? why do people love any and all american POS none handeling "sports" cars??

that is what i have been waiting 8 pages for 0X
Old 08-23-2006, 01:11 PM   #142
TeflonTron
Regular User

Nth is like a Mini-RC45.

Anyone agree?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #143
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Nth is like a Mini-RC45.

Anyone agree?

TeflonTron is like big- Pitfield

Anyone agree?

how about instead of name calling, you refute the poor handling characteristics that even a pair of owners agree exist in the so-called "ultimate road car."

so, if you notice the post above; this brings about a very good point.

finally some people are seeing the McLaren F1 as a poor handling car... so lets take this a bit further

the McLaren F1 is bloody fast in a strait line
American "sports" cars are bloody fast in a strait line
Eropeans, and well.... too many people, love the McLaren F1
American "sports" cars are loved by many in the US, and otherwise called " "so called sports cars" in Europe.
Europeans claim they prefer a good handling car over a fast one with decent handling.

Yet, this poll
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=42305&start=0
shows europeans largely prefering strait line rockets; with the ocassional true handling biased car. the SL65 is not a handler.

so, in conclusion, many of these european's are actually much closer to the same likes and wants as Americans. Also, Americans seem to generally prefer the balanced approach in this same poll.....

So, with this in mind, perhaps Europeans here are more minded like they precieve Americans? and the Americans are more minded how the Europeans precieve themselves?

so with those conclusions, the F1 will be chosen over a lesser powered car with a more balanced approach.

the results show for themselves, and i am only the bearer of this news
Old 08-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #144
5vz-fe
Regular User

driven it..... no; know a former Macca owner? yes, spoken with another, yes.
I know that even knowing a Mclaren owner is quite rare (given that there's only 100 copies), but talking to 2 ppl is by far an accurate ground for such a generalization. You are a reasonable person (this macca thread aside), 2 point on a plot is really not considered a plot rite?

Let's make an end to this and call it inconclusive shall we?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #145
rave426
Regular User

Well Nth... If you dont like the F1 for anything else. You should like it for its engineering exellence.

Remember it was made AGES ago - with regards to available technology.

It manages to balance incredible acceleration with an awsome top speed......which isnt alway the case depending on if ppl know they are doing with the engine and gear ratios. Even more impressive when the only livable production cars that compete with it in these catagories today have at least about 200 more hp.

It can actually go the speed without flying off the road - showing great aero dynamic technology (seems better than the Kon CCX at least)

The damn car can hold 3 ppl for goodness sakes via its genius use of a center driving position.......I mean how many other supercars of this level can do that.

IMO opinion, from a mechanical/automotive engineering standpoint the only other car to compete with it is the Veyron. To get that much reliable, livable power, disipate that much heat, and create a dynamic transmission that can withstand those stresses, yet be as smooth as anything on the road.............Is simply incredible.

Fine......if you think it handles bad........You have your agrument and thats your opinion.

But there is no reason not to like what is possibly one of the greatest automotive/engineering achievements we will see in our lifetime.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #146
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426

But there is no reason not to like what is possibly one of the greatest automotive/engineering achievements we will see in our lifetime.
I don't like it because IMO its easily the ugliest "supercar" ever made, well that was until the SLR came along, but its still a close second

It would be like having the best lover in the world in bed that also has a face like a pig !
Closed Thread