Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #46
dylan99
Regular User

It's a photoshopped picture and like hemi_fan wrote why does both the drivers stop if the police can only arrest one driver. It is a nice picture dough
Old 01-10-2004, 05:56 AM   #47
SupraPolak
Regular User

Us Aussies still use mostly 6 cylinder and V8 powered cars, not many 4s around, nor Turbos but they do have them.

That might change though, now that Ford are producing a turboed 4litre 6 cylinder localy (XR6T) Now, that would be an interesting persuit vehicle

Below is an XR8 but visually the XR6T is not that much different, just to give you an idea...

Notice the missing bonnet bulge on the XR6 as compared to the XR8...

My Profile | My Car Specs | My Car Pics
SupraPolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #48
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by graywolf624
It would be Colorado. Vail has some 911 cop cars so it wouldn't suprise me. Where I live I see camaro cop cars regularly to go with your typical impala and crown vic cars.
Crap! 911 cop cars!?! I won't be doing any speeding in that city, lol.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 04:04 PM   #49
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
so the yanks are finally catching on
those Crown vics and Impalas aint slow you know. Youd be suprised when you see one fly past you at 100 MPH chasing downa speeder late at night. Also why WRX? that cant be comforatble back there, they need E-55 AMGs, or M5s as Police cars here.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:52 PM   #50
VWO4L
Regular User

Yeah, they are pics of the Denver Skyline. I'm from CO and was just in Denver yesterday actually. I've actually heard that the STi Cop Car isn't really a Police vehicle. They may have just put the light bar and official plates on for the photos and staged the pic of the racers. Could be wrong though. perhaps they are saying that so that people will think it's a fake right before they get pulled over. Who knows?

edit: Found some more info. Here's a post I saw on a local CO message board about the car.

"Here is the 411

Yes it is REAL! Notice the vinyl graphics are reflective. They are offical state patrol issued graphics. No hes not an officer. No hes not impersonating an officer. So he cannot pull you over. No its not the CSP's car it his is own personal daily driver. And it is all OK'd by the CSP.

The owner is a photographer for CSP. He was asked to head a program promotion for discourgaging street racing. So hence why an import. Its all only temporary for the program and photos for their posters and calandars.

The owner is actually lookin for a fully kitted yellow or red import to be apart of the photos. If anyone is interested you may email him at [email protected]"

So, that explains the two cars in the first pic. Makes sense. We've had Lamborghinis and Hummers in other promotional campaigns for the State and local police before. They were never real police vehicles, just used for publicity.
VWO4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:08 AM   #51
blah
Regular User

They should have used a Camaro SS, Trans AM WS6, or Mustang Cobra, to really scare the shit out of the little fuckers. AWD plus Highway patrol equals STi getting owned, not a good idea to have AWD car as a highway patrol vehicle.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:19 AM   #52
zevolv
Regular User

In Illinois they use Cobras and Camaro SS' alot and they are hard to spot but fast as fuck. the local cops by me have three lexus' a BMW and a Hummer
Old 01-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #53
VWO4L
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
They should have used a Camaro SS, Trans AM WS6, or Mustang Cobra, to really scare the shit out of the little fuckers. AWD plus Highway patrol equals STi getting owned, not a good idea to have AWD car as a highway patrol vehicle.
Well, this is CO. Snow+RWD+Lots of Power=Mustang Cobra, Camaro SS, or T/A WS6 getting owned by the STi. Besides, they already use the High Output engines in their patrol cars as it is. The Highway Patrol here still uses a lot of the Caprices and Crown Vics. They also use some motorcycles as well. It's a lot harder to outrun one of those. In the end, they've got to outrun Motorola anyhow, that's near impossible nowadays. Also, if they're trying to scare a lot of the street racers, an STi works well since it would outrun what a lot of those kids run anyhow and they can identify with the STi's also.
VWO4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #54
EJEVO
Regular User

Wow so Colorado State Troopers are driving STIs I better watch out I drive thru Vail all the time.

Although it would suck to get pulled over I bet it would be a funny pic of me in my Evo getting stop by an STI. Can you say "OWNED"
EJEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #55
gr
Regular User

Originally Posted by EJEVO
Wow so Colorado State Troopers are driving STIs I better watch out I drive thru Vail all the time.

Although it would suck to get pulled over I bet it would be a funny pic of me in my Evo getting stop by an STI. Can you say "OWNED"
Should've been the other way around. The Evo owning the STi, cause that's the facts. 8)
gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #56
EJEVO
Regular User

Although I hear its pretty much a drivers race. Keep in mind the U.S. spec STIs have 2.5liters and 300hp and U.S. spec EVO just make 271hp plus they don't offer FQ-300 or FQ-330 so in a straight line they have a slight edge
EJEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:22 PM   #57
Driftzwerg
Regular User

Talking Evos. The german special Police Forces GSG 9 are using Evo VI for their missions. In Stuttgart and Munich we have 911 E class 5 series and M3.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #58
DeMoN
Regular User

it seems that that is a fake bust. The walking cop does not really look like he is walking and besides, the picture's quality is too good to have been taken with a sub 500$ camera. While its dark, the picture really comes out with a lot of noise.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:38 PM   #59
veteq
Regular User

But wait ..there is more

veteq is offline   Reply With Quote