Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #196
RC45
Regular User

http://www.tatuagemdaboa.com.br/tatu...meamigo=tforth
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #197
nthfinity
Regular User

http://revlovers.luka.de/myBB/search...8fbd16ad2d16de

It seems that mr tforth is actually a posh fanboy who may actually be concerned with exotics, and would like to own the cars... but not be seen in them LOl... hey, at least he is conserned with laptimes, which he obviously isn't here for some reason LOL.

BTW, if I were conserned with what people think of me like you suggest, why on earth would i buy a Z06? the Z06 is in fact the car to own if you appreciate hitting the throttle on a winding road, is it not? I just can't get over how silly your arguments have become, and how so very far out of reality they are
Old 01-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #198
tforth
Regular User

nthfinity wrote:

BTW, if I were conserned with what people think of me like you suggest, why on earth would i buy a Z06?
Because you said this on the previous page:

part of owning a car, IMO, is when you are on the street you make the other guy feel like he has the wrong car... ego boost in a Z06 isn't so bad you have to admit
You quoted the NS lap time of 7:42 instead of 7:43 (as it was listed) because you thought it would help your argument. You guys are clearly not biased, right?

Look all you want at my posts. If you're objective, you'll notice that they are very consistent. I don't B.S. BTW, while you were performing 'reference checks' at revlovers.com, did you actually learn something about the Veyron, that I have been stating for quite some time now??
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #199
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
nthfinity wrote:

BTW, if I were conserned with what people think of me like you suggest, why on earth would i buy a Z06?
Because you said this on the previous page:

part of owning a car, IMO, is when you are on the street you make the other guy feel like he has the wrong car... ego boost in a Z06 isn't so bad you have to admit
You quoted the NS lap time of 7:42 instead of 7:43 (as it was listed) because you thought it would help your argument. You guys are clearly not biased, right?

Look all you want at my posts. If you're objective, you'll notice that they are very consistent. I don't B.S. BTW, while you were performing 'reference checks' at revlovers.com, did you actually learn something about the Veyron, that I have been stating for quite some time now??
7:42.9, 7:42 = with the .9 seconds truncated off. I never claimed i was rounding, and exactly how much difference is .9 of a second.... count aloud, and your own accuracy is within +- .5 of a second. So, again, how is this any bias? Corvette released thier lap time to the tenth, Porsche have not, nor have Sport Auto. So, we don't really know about that GT3 RS, now do we? and No, hte C6 Z06 did not run NS in 7:43... you are somehow seeing that as a meathod to push your opinion through clear bias...

I would much prefer the Porsche given that money is no object; I have made this clear from the get go. You obviously wouldn't since you don't want to be seen in a more expensive car in a district with plenty of expensive cars, since you obviously believe that they don't enjoy them for what they are made for. You are clearly biased against the vette. That is fine, it is engineered very well, but built to a price.. yet does what no car in it's price bracket can dream of. That is the vette, and has been that way for quite some time.

nobody was being biased, think whatever you want, you are still so very far away from being a factboy

I have learned quite a bit about the Veyron from the test driver's themselves

as to me being conserned about what car i'm in? man you are really streatching.... in a superbly and abhorent analogy.

so, If I owned a Z06, and beat the living piss out of it, and beat a Gallardo on the street, what is wrong with having satisfaction that your friend in the Lamborghini couldn't keep up with you? what does that have to do with "being seen" in any car? WTF mate, it is called a palpable enjoyment and pride in what you own, and your own driving abliities. It has nothing to do with anybody else.

I am a automotive enthusiast, and IF i wanted a car just to go from point A to point B, I would get a 4x4, or any car that met the funciton. You obviously haven't had a group of friends (let alone large group of friends) who share that kind of passion for the performance car, the historical car, and automotive design.

My blood runs rich in automotive history, racing, engineering, and the kinship with the movers and shakers of Detroit, and fellow enthusiasts; and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you want to dilude yourself further that a car is only meant to be had fun with on a personal level, go ahead, and continue your isolationist thoughts.... but I contend that you are not that way; as if you were, you wouldn't have registered, and posted at either JW, or Revlovers. So I welcome you to the fray, and suggest that as goofy as your arguments have been the past few days, we aren't so dissimilar.

we both love track driving (at least I assume you do, since you are interested in track times) and we are both involved in the industry (at least it seems as you are) and we are both registered at a world car forum or few. If you come to Detroit, I can definately point you in some interesting directions
Old 01-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #200
RC45
Regular User

all this bragging and nothing to show for it.

The Jabbasworld community is built on a reputation of "Pictures - or shut the fuck up".

So - its about time you put some substance to all this bullshit bragging you arte doing.

Seriously - Pictures or STFU - according to the rules of JW until you start showing some validaiton to you rclaims you are being labelled a BULLSHITTER.

1st Class Bullshitter until you offer some proof of your "credentials and bragging claims". Be that photos of drives, cars you have interacted with, videos of you and you rpals having fun etc etc.

Seriously - it's nothing personal, that's just hwo the rules work around here. You make claims - you back em up.

Period.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #201
tforth
Regular User

Well, the majority of stuff that is running around here right now are either Range Rovers, ML/GLs, X5s, Q7s, etc. The interesting stuff has been 'asleep' for a while now. Don't get me wrong, I don't live in Monte Carlo, or anything. I just get frustrated, when I see all this 'wasted' product around me.

Another rather more embarrassing reason why I haven't provided any pics so far, is that I haven't quite figured out the whole imageshack thing... Believe me, it would have taken a lot less time to just scan the pages and post them, then to have typed them in! Don't worry though; I'll get around to it, as surprising as it may seem to you - I have a lot more to share than just my opinions.

Lastly, regarding nthfinity's note above, I will whole-heartedly acknowledge the enjoyment I get from 'smoking' someone in a stoplight 'event', around an on-ramp, or 'faster' cars at the track. What I don't care for, are the posers that only get satisfaction when other people lust after their vehicles/wives/houses/etc.
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #202
nthfinity
Regular User

Well, the majority of stuff that is running around here right now are either Range Rovers, ML/GLs, X5s, Q7s, etc. The interesting stuff has been 'asleep' for a while now. Don't get me wrong, I don't live in Monte Carlo, or anything. I just get frustrated, when I see all this 'wasted' product around me.

Another rather more embarrassing reason why I haven't provided any pics so far, is that I haven't quite figured out the whole imageshack thing... Believe me, it would have taken a lot less time to just scan the pages and post them, then to have typed them in! Don't worry though; I'll get around to it, as surprising as it may seem to you - I have a lot more to share than just my opinions.

Lastly, regarding nthfinity's note above, I will whole-heartedly acknowledge the enjoyment I get from 'smoking' someone in a stoplight 'event', around an on-ramp, or 'faster' cars at the track. What I don't care for, are the posers that only get satisfaction when other people lust after their vehicles/wives/houses/etc.
I knew we are more similar then the 6 pages of arguments that we've had
Old 02-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #203
philip
Regular User

Not to open up old wounds, well maybe really to open up old wounds, Car and Driver did a comparo between the ZO6 the GT3 and the Lotus S. The ZO6 was number one, but it did only win by 1 point in CD's testing proceedure. The Lotus was 3rd.

It was one of those typical subjective tests where the faster car won, but only by a little since they liked the interior so much better in the Porsche. Since they were journalists they didnt care that the Porsche was $60,000 more.

This was only a GT3 not the GT3RS used in this threads test.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #204
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
all this bragging and nothing to show for it.

The Jabbasworld community is built on a reputation of "Pictures - or shut the fuck up".

So - its about time you put some substance to all this bullshit bragging you arte doing.

Seriously - Pictures or STFU - according to the rules of JW until you start showing some validaiton to you rclaims you are being labelled a BULLSHITTER.

1st Class Bullshitter until you offer some proof of your "credentials and bragging claims". Be that photos of drives, cars you have interacted with, videos of you and you rpals having fun etc etc.

Seriously - it's nothing personal, that's just hwo the rules work around here. You make claims - you back em up.

Period.
Amen RC, Amen