Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #106
Napolis
Regular User

Hi

Nice article in new Top Gear with studio shots. Pininfarina asked me if I'd consider commissioning a one off car. I thought about it and answered:

"I'd like something that looks like a P4 on an Enzo chassis."

Pininfarina handed those instructions over to one of their designers Jason Castriota and the voyage began. P 4/5 flowed from Jason's first sketch.

Best
Napolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #107
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by RC45
I read the magazine article - and correct me if I got the wrong impression, but the car was an idea Pininfarinna came up with, then went looking to find a wealthy Tifosi interested in participating in the project (meaning - would you pay for our experiement).

It was not borne of someone calling up Pinifarinna and saying "Build me the baddest car in the universe".
I don't know which article you're referring to, but that doesn't sound right to me. Why would Jim Glickenhaus own the rights to the design if that was the case? If this would have been Pininfarina's idea I doubt it would have been a modern interpretation of the 330 P3/4. Anyway, I think Jim is the right person to provide a conclusive answer on this.
Its in this months Car and Driver. Pininfarina looked for someone to be in their experiment, so that they could show to the world what they're capable of and that comisioning a car to them isn't as expensive as most people think. Meaning that they are making new business.

I really like the car, I think its really amazing but this "publicity stunt" kinda takes appeal off of it from my point of view.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #108
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Napolis
Hi

Nice article in new Top Gear with studio shots. Pininfarina asked me if I'd consider commissioning a one off car. I thought about it and answered:

"I'd like something that looks like a P4 on an Enzo chassis."

Pininfarina handed those instructions over to one of their designers Jason Castriota and the voyage began. P 4/5 flowed from Jason's first sketch.

Best
Thanks for the clarification. Thta's how the article portrayed the events

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by RC45
I also feel had the car been badged a Corvette people would line up to take turns at spitting on it ...
Rightly so. Wouldn't you spit on a Corvette trying to impersonate a Ferrari?
Not at all - I am sure you must be up on your Pininfarina history, and if so, must know they have done a couple car for GM over the years.

My implication was that had this been a Pininfarina Corvette base special (or Viper based, or Mustang based - heck even Porsche based) your reaction might be more critical.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #109
Napolis
Regular User

And very happy to be there.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #110
bmagni
Regular User

will scale models be done ?? if so, which manufacturers will be doing them ?

thanx
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #111
Napolis
Regular User

Evo 098, Gordon Murray:

"How many of our today's cars will be considered classics in, say, 20 or 30 years' time?

One that will be is the brand-new Pininfarina-designed one-off Ferrari P4/5 supercar, based on a Ferrari Enzo. All supercars have presence and a certain "dramatic" look, but not all of them have style. The Enzo is certainly dramatic, but it manages to look very large (it is!) and very disjointed - the lines just don't flow. Panel shut gaps are too big and obvious, the front overhang is just too long, and the whole effect is styling rather than style.

Enter the P4/5 - a truly beautiful, balanced shape. I'm sure Pininfarina will have the "retro" finger pointed at them, but while there's no mistaking its heritage, the style is crisp, fresh and bang up to date. This is not a sycophantic exercise like the Ford GT but very much a new design in its own right. If I was offered the keys to either the Enzo or the P4/5, I know which one I would be driving home."
Old 11-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #112
blue8
Regular User

check out this month's issue of Winding Road (free download on the website) for a full review of the P4/5 on track and on the streets!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #113
blue8
Regular User

:shock: if only it were in a higher resolution...

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #114
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Great Pic Dani!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #115
davide
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I don't know - just found it in Supercars.net :bah:

I hope someone has it in hi-res