Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The second bit I posted shows why i stopped reading Ferrai-Chat a long time ago - most of the time there are pages and pages of he-say she-say posts where one rich collector is bitching at another rich collector.. generally acting like kids.

if any of those folks had any profesisonalism they would take those types of discussion ofline one on one, but it seems that it's just an ego driven pissing match about who has the real this or that.

That is why I called them primadonnas - it doesn't matter who they are - it's how they act
You of all people should understand, RC. If someone posts something on a (car) forum you firmly believe is not true, you debate them. If I were the owner of a 330P4 (I wish) which I was convinced has a genuine chassis no 0846 and someone refuted it, I would respond as well.

Made for an interesting read for the most part IMO.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #17
vexor
Regular User

another render from the back though

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #18
Everlasting
Regular User

i can't decide whether it's pretty or not
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 AM   #19
DeMoN
Regular User

I vote NOT, looks weird, totally not Ferrari.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:44 AM   #20
LotusGT1
Regular User

Doesn't matter as these renders don't resemble the finsihed car.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #21
Napolis
Regular User

Hi

612 P 4/5 looks nothing like the AutoWeek photo. When you see it I think you'll like it.

For those who wish to see 0846 and 002C they will be at the Historic Targa Florio in late May and at Quail in August.

612 P 4/5 will be somewhere (TBD) in August as well.

Best
Napolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #22
Napolis
Regular User

Old 04-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #23
sameerrao
Regular User

See what I mean ... the 330 is perhaps the best looking prototype car of all time. I saw your lovely Duesy at the 2005 Pebble Beach CdE.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #24
Napolis
Regular User

I took it (J446) for a long drive today.

As an aside we've restored 0846 to it's proper P 3/4 spyder configuration and my 412P 0854 to it's proper Coupe configuration.

Best

J446

Old 04-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #25
bmagni
Regular User

Nice, the owner himself is here...

the 330 P4 is just perfect... the 412 P too... how are they different (desing wise) ?

do you have an Enzo too besides the one you gave to Pinifarina ?
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #26
ice
Regular User

Ever since i saw the p3/p4 in person, it is, without doubt, my favourite car. The rivets in the body work, the flow of the lines, absolutely everything about it is perfect. in fact, when I saw the Fxx last week at an event here in toronto, it reminded me a lot of the P3/p4's purposeful stance, if not even close to as elegant or as subtle.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #27
Napolis
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Nice, the owner himself is here...

the 330 P4 is just perfect... the 412 P too... how are they different (desing wise) ?

do you have an Enzo too besides the one you gave to Pinifarina ?
Hi

No other Enzo. The main difference between the P 3/4 and the 412P is mechanical. The P 3/4 has a later typo engine with a different block, 3 valve heads vrs 2 valve heads, and Lucas Mechanical FI instead of Webbers. The wheelbases and track are different but the visual differences are subtle.

For those interested:

http://www.glickenhaus.com/jim/project.pdf

Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #28
Everlasting
Regular User

lovely
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:45 AM   #29
Napolis
Regular User

She was sitting in the sun when we pulled up. Seeing her outside with a PROVA Plate attached to her tail took all of this to a new level. We walked around her slowly admiring her lines and the interior that was starting to come together. We slipped in, strapped down, and set off. The first thing I noticed was that the reduction in front overhang made a huge difference compared to the Enzo. The next thing was the panoramic vision through her fighter cockpit greenhouse. Her newly sculpted interior seemed very roomy as we pulled out of the driveway without any problem and turned onto the road. You've heard the expression "Traffic Stopping"? This time it really did. Even The Sport bike stopped and let us enter the road. The Babe on the Back looked over and down as we pulled by. She smiled and slowly raised her thumb straight up.

We were running without ABS or traction control because the computer hadn't yet been programed for the new sized wheels and tires. We were also running in low downforce mode because one of the actuator motors hadn't awoken properly from it's 3 year sleep. The amount of engineering to get to this point boggles the mind and The Pininfarina Special Project Team continues to amaze me with their ability to meet all of these challenges. I'm also very happy to report that Ferrari is very pleased and is giving full technical support as well.

We continued on to the secondary road and set off. Pininfarina had already put on a few hundred test miles and reported all was well so when it came time to pass I rolled on the throttle and felt the hand of God push me back into the seat. You immediately feel just how light she is. The brakes are SUPER and the wider tires really grip. The suspension feels great as it works and the motor sings. When you get to 3000rpm the exhaust shunts to the new system and it sounds like that the horn that blows before the Four Horsemen ride into view.

We headed to the Autostrada and put her though a few gears as we left the toll gate. The Video Jesse shot from the chase vehicle is unlike any I've seen. P 4/5 pulls away and vanishes into the distance like an F 16 launching from a carrier deck. As she vanished the only thing than seemed strange is that she was still on the earth not standing on her tail in afterburner mode shooting towards the heavens...

"Ground Control to Major Tom..."

Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #30
stradale
Regular User

Wow, just read your latest post on Fchat and I'm still in awe. Can't wait till next week.

Welcome to JW, BTW! Very nice to see you here!

Cheers