Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #31
SilviaEvo
Regular User

im not a fan of the new 350Z's but i believe it would be better than a used 330CI. a friend of mine had a 330CI in silver and he beat the shit out of it. Bullitt style driving in Seattle. also he tended to race through Seattle with other BMW's
Old 10-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #32
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Stopped by the other Nissan dealer a few miles down the road today (not the one i started this post with). THey only had Zs, a black roadster and a white hardtop, both 6-spds, but the roadster had navigation and wasn't really what i'm looking for (neither of them are actually) so we took the white one out for a drive.

FUCK i forgot how much fun they are I would still have a mischevious grin on my face but i ended up in the sales office finding out that with the $1500 trade in on my current vehicle and 2,000 down, i'd have a payment of about 550-565/mo for 60mos Less than what i figured, but after crunching all me expenses plus estimating fuel (20.0mpg city, which is what i drive, out of a 20 gallon tank at 2.85/gallon leaves me around $114/mo in gas ) plus the insurance i posted at the beginning of the thread...would have left me broke Really the only things that kept me from it was the fact i would be broke, and its really not what i want in terms of color and package.

What scared me was i underestimated how determined the sales people were. having never bought a car like this i've never had to deal with them. So when i told the guy i didn't think i could swing it, he went to his boss and then they both came in to try and get me to buy it. I think that's what really worried me. By the end of the whole ordeal i was fairly nervous and afraid i was going to get talked into doing something i wasn't completely ready to do.

As hard as this was for a simple Nissan, i can't imagine what it would be like buying a Ferrari :shock:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

This a new 350Z? The dealership down the road is rotten with used and new 350Z's on the lot.

What was the sticker price of the car? There might be a cheaper one in Houston. I'll go check it out if you want me to.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

i can't imagine what it would be like buying a Ferrari
low pressure.. straight up

depending on the outcome of my bro's settlement case, hes been to many dealers... with the best experience with BMW with an hour long drive in an M3, and minus the driving part, at the Ferrari dealer. they are determined in helping you find exactly what you want at both places.

my own best experience was at a Subaru dealer, followed closely by Subaru.

at ford/gm dealers, ive not had a single good experience. they either think you cant buy a car, or are determined to get the car off the lot here and now. ive had the exact same thing with the salesman talking to the manager, and coming back with a 'better offer' to get it moved here now telling you its the right thing, even if you know you cant do it now.

they get thier money no matter what.

that is why when i do get my next car, it would only be with a dealer ive liked before (subaru/porsche/bmw) ,place an order through the ford intranet, or a previous owner.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #35
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
This a new 350Z? The dealership down the road is rotten with used and new 350Z's on the lot.

What was the sticker price of the car? There might be a cheaper one in Houston. I'll go check it out if you want me to.
The sticker was 28,700 but when they put the offer in front of me it was 26,995.

Considering when i built it online it came out to 38K IIRC with a $586/mo payment (mine had the nismo suspension package and cat back exhaust ) So i may just wait and order a new one to make sure i get what i'm looking for.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:40 PM   #36
RC45
Regular User

What colour you want? Options? Used an option? As I say, Houston is rotten with 350Z's... like Corvettes...
Old 10-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #37
ZfrkS62
Regular User

LeMans Sunset, Track model (with the Brembos ) no navigation if possible. Depending on the mileage, used is a possibility.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #38
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
LeMans Sunset, Track model (with the Brembos ) no navigation if possible. Depending on the mileage, used is a possibility.
hey man...i think you should definitely consider getting a pre-owned one with low mileage....you can get one with a big ass warranty AND you'll get a solid discount on it as well.

cars in general...are VERY negotiable right now....like RC45 said....Detroit is the same as Houston...there are stacks of Zs lying around here. In this day and age...it's not hard to order one from a different dealer and have them send it over to your Nissan dealer.

shop around...look online as well.

cheers!

PS. don't buy a 330i.......it's so "i wish i were a wall street tycoon but i'm actually not"
well, for some reason they are a pain in the ass to find for sale around here i see them on the road everyday, but never on the lots. There was one for privte sale that i saw on my way to and from work for about 2 weeks and then it was gone. The 350Z is quite popular around here, but the older ones aren't. I can't figure it out.

and everso, are you calling me a poser?

Old 10-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

PS. don't buy a 330i.......it's so "i wish i were a wall street tycoon but i'm actually not"
They are also dog slow.

I have a video of me passing a modded 330i in 1st gear - even with the 330i having a 3 car standing head start. hehe
Old 10-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #40
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
They are also dog slow.

I have a video of me passing a modded 330i in 1st gear - even with the 330i having a 3 car standing head start. hehe
you have to remember though, you have 2 more cylinders and a lot more displacement

Old 10-08-2005, 10:32 PM   #41
ZfrkS62
Regular User

yeah, i'm doubting wether i can fanagle them down much lower than 27K. I think the tactic they are going to use is fucking with my payments. Unfortunately i don't know how to haggle...bad, bad disadvantage on my part.

but on the 3 series being the poser car..you have to admit there are some that buy it that aren't posers. Being in relatively the same price range as the Z, the E46 does have a chance to be a better deal than the Z. And a CPO car would have a 6 year/100K warranty compared to Nissans 5yr/100K. That and i can get paid for working on my own car if it's under the CPO

So it's still up in the air, but when i get my down payment saved up i'll see what's availible.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #42
TransAm
Regular User

Zfrk, I am pretty much an expert buying and selling cars. If you want to check stuff in my area (zip 76036+ 50 mi radius) I would be happy to go with you to the dealers.

The best advice I can give from this distance is as follows:

1. Unless you get the deal of the century (I mean 0% or 1.9% APR) DO NOT BUY NEW, depreciation will leave you upside down for the first two or maybe three years of the loan.

2. Most cars have 3 years warranties, some have extended 100k/7 year warranties. You are looking for one of the latter, ideally, with low miles and in great shape, 12-24 months old.

3. Take your tech roomie with you. An independent opinion will save you from buying crap, sometimes your emotions cloud your judgement.

They are sweet little cars though, I looked at them but they are just a shade more than I want to spend right now.

O/T but as you know, Zfrk, I was also looking at the M Roadster (again, too much money for me) and was considering the S2000. I have decided to go with the S2000!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #43
DeMoN
Regular User

350 Z is a cool car. Im starting to save every penny I got for this

http://www.gtrproto.com/
Old 10-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
350 Z is a cool car. Im starting to save every penny I got for this

http://www.gtrproto.com/
THink you will have enough in 9 days 13 hours and some minutes saved up?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #45
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Demon, that's going to be Nissan's most expensive car ever :shock:

TransAm- Thanks for the offer and advice. Do you think that because i've never bought a new car i could get a better rate? or is that going to screw me? the Z's around here seem to have a great resale value, and it's not like i'm only gong to have the car for a few months. I'm not the kind of person who buys a car like that for a toy and then get bored with it after a few months :bah:you would know that i'm serious if you could see what i've been driving for the last year :roll: When i get rid of it and get something else, i'll finally put up the pics

i would definetly get the extended warranty on it as well though.

My roomate doesn't like Nissan so it's kind of pointless to take him along for his opinion :bah: