Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
bobafett
Regular User

Default It looks like I am buying a Challenge Stradale

I never thought I would be buying any of the new cars. I just don't like them. 550 is newest I would have gone. But, I just got word on a 360CS that is available now, and honestly, for a price I can't argue with.

So, I'll know more on Monday once I've done the PPI, but assuming everything is in order (it seems to be), I'll buy this car on Monday. It's on the East Coast, so it'll take probably 2 weeks to get to me.

My friend who went to check it out for me took some pictures with his camera phone for me. You can see them below.

Basic specs are 04 Challenge Stradale. Titanium over all black leather including dash and headliner, off-color stitching, red calipers, fire extinguisher, radio. No stupid stripe. All the rest of the Stradale nonsense.

I am so sick of looking for an F40, I will probably just drive this thing in the meantime. But, I'm prepared to sell it. I've already gotten offers for more than 20k what I am paying for it...so who knows.

--Dan

Old 07-17-2004, 04:24 PM   #2
PATo355
Regular User

Lovely bobafett , i think that even if you dont like the car is a good business , just buying it and selling it would make 20k for you , so buy it use it and when you find the proper F40 sell it , maybe for even higher price that youy payed for it .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
oscargarza88
Regular User

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
wow great buy!!
and i havent seen it b4 in that color it looks good...
i gope u take some high res pics on monday after driving it
oh and i forgot...
CONGRATS!! 0X
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #4
yg60m
Regular User

Nice car mate, i am sure we will have more news soon
Are you going to trade the 550 ? Or do you buy the 360 to add it to your collection ?
Nice color too
Old 07-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #5
itsthepham

ah fantastic choice on buying your new ferrari. That titanium paint job looks sick. you know im in california too maybe you should pick me up sometime and give me a ride. 8)

anyways, when you get it take some good pictures of it! you know of everything.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Holy fuck, rare color!!!!!!!!

Dude please, promise some high-res pics if you will get it and most important, some videoclips
Old 07-17-2004, 05:12 PM   #7
budagboy2
Regular User

Sweeeet, i was looking at a red CS today. Great choice
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #8
bobafett
Regular User

Guys: car is ont he east coast. Unfortunately it means I won't get it for 2 weeks probably. I'll take lots of pictures and maybe even a video (TT, I have a surprise for you!) when it comes in.

Pat: It's extreme enough that ti should hold me over until I find an F40. I can probably sell it for what I paid in a year. Although I drive my cars a lot, so I dunno.

yg: I am keeping both cars. Doubt I'll ever sell my 550. By the way, it got washed! After 6 months! I'll take pictures @ the ferrari corral tomorrow during the ALMS races.

Like I said, it's still not a done deal...I'll know for sure Monday.

--Dan
Old 07-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

I'll take lots of pictures and maybe even a video (TT, I have a surprise for you!) when it comes in.
Thanks a lot dude I know you don't like to take pics that much, but it would be nice if you would consider all the car nuts out there that enjoy nice pics of NICE cars!

As for the surprise... do you want to kill me? I want to know NOW

Ah, and looking forward for some 550 pics too!

... waiting for Monday
Old 07-17-2004, 05:48 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

Dan, from your posts in ferrarichat.com, I thought you would forever be a die hard manual transmission buyer. But I must say what a way to go "automatic" - ha ha!

Congrats and Best of luck!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #11
bobafett
Regular User

Sameer: I know! It's so atypical of me. Honestly, the biggest thing motivating me is th eprice. I really can't lose here. So I'll give this whole F1 nonsense a try for real. After all, the CS is supposed to have the best system. let's give it a shot.

TT: Ok ok. My friend has a whole camera rig for mounting a camera on cars in different places. yes, like professinal movie makers. So we are going to try to do cool videos, like the camera just behind and to the right or left of the engine (hear that noise), or just behind the front wheel so you can see it turning, etc. It'll take us a long time to try, edit, cut, etc. and I don't have a place to host the videos, but it should be pretty cool overall. I'm pretty excited about it.

--Dan
Old 07-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #12
yg60m
Regular User

I am sure we will find a place to post your videos mate
Old 07-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #13
TT
Regular User

TT: Ok ok. My friend has a whole camera rig for mounting a camera on cars in different places. yes, like professinal movie makers. So we are going to try to do cool videos, like the camera just behind and to the right or left of the engine (hear that noise), or just behind the front wheel so you can see it turning, etc. It'll take us a long time to try, edit, cut, etc. and I don't have a place to host the videos, but it should be pretty cool overall. I'm pretty excited about it
I'm probably more excited, completely wet even and dude, whenever you have a video to host, you know where to find me and it won't be a problem
Old 07-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #14
fedezyl
Regular User

Hey congrats on the new buy Dan!! I can't wait for the impressions and vids from it and the 550!
plus, it'll keep you entertained until you find that F40! hehe

Cheers

fedezyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:33 PM   #15
sameerrao
Regular User

TT: Ok ok. My friend has a whole camera rig for mounting a camera on cars in different places. yes, like professinal movie makers. So we are going to try to do cool videos, like the camera just behind and to the right or left of the engine (hear that noise), or just behind the front wheel so you can see it turning, etc. It'll take us a long time to try, edit, cut, etc. and I don't have a place to host the videos, but it should be pretty cool overall. I'm pretty excited about it.
Lovin' it!

A couple of suggestions:
1. Check out the Porsche website to see how they did a similar type of video for the Carrera GT --> http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/u...ch/default.htm. Choose the director's cut for this

2. You could do a bumper cam version - make your own Rendezvous

3. Please choose some nice locales - 17, 35 or Big Sur or something with else you know with curves galore

4. If you are on a straigh where you can stetch the 550's legs pls call out the speeds so we can judge how fast it is accelerating.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote