Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #181
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmwdakias
You are saying that BMW is being destroyed when we see BMW's sales rising constantly. This fact clearly depicts the acceptance of the new design direction introduced by the American designer. The infamous E65 has been the best selling 7 series up to date and sales of the whole range have been strong. You might not like BMWs when looks come into consideration but saying that they dont handle well anymore! thats totally outargeous. They might be getting heavier for the shake of the increasing demand for luxury gimmicks and safety features but they will still outhandle anything in their segment not matter which category you look into. If you dont like the BMW interiors at all,just have a look at the new s class and you ll notice that it reminds you of something. In the near future everything will simply make sense, BMW has brought in a new era in the interior design and others are simply immitating,(AUDI-Mercedes) introducing their own versions of i-drive, placing the screen on the same height as the rest of the other instruments etc.
Audi has in no way copied the 7-Series or any BMW for that fact when it comes to interior design. I would also be more confident in the handling of an aluminium bodied A8 than that of a 7-Series.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #182
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
You are saying that BMW is being destroyed when we see BMW's sales rising constantly. This fact clearly depicts the acceptance of the new design direction introduced by the American designer. The infamous E65 has been the best selling 7 series up to date and sales of the whole range have been strong. You might not like BMWs when looks come into consideration but saying that they dont handle well anymore! thats totally outargeous. They might be getting heavier for the shake of the increasing demand for luxury gimmicks and safety features but they will still outhandle anything in their segment not matter which category you look into. If you dont like the BMW interiors at all,just have a look at the new s class and you ll notice that it reminds you of something. In the near future everything will simply make sense, BMW has brought in a new era in the interior design and others are simply immitating,(AUDI-Mercedes) introducing their own versions of i-drive, placing the screen on the same height as the rest of the other instruments etc.
Audi has in no way copied the 7-Series or any BMW for that fact when it comes to interior design. I would also be more confident in the handling of an aluminium bodied A8 than that of a 7-Series.
hmmm :roll:

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #183
Just_me
Regular User

AUTO INDUSTRY REPORT: BMW global car sales up
July 7, 2005

BMW AG said Wednesday that worldwide sales of its cars rose nearly 12% in June and 9% for the first six months of the year.

The Munich, Germany-based company said exact figures on the number of cars sold would be released today.

CEO Helmut Panke said BMW is on track for 2005 sales and pretax earnings similar to 2004, when it posted a pretax profit of 3.5 billion euros ($4.2 billion) on revenue of 44.3 billion euros ($52.8 billion).

He said BMW sales were boosted by increased demand for its new 3-series.

"After the 3-series sedan has been introduced on the Asian and American markets in the second quarter, we expect more impetus going forward," Panke said.

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/irep7e_20050707.htm
Old 07-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #184
RC45
Regular User

^^ Yessireeeee the new Beemers are uuuuuuuuugly...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #185
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
No way in hell, they are beautiful
Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #186
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo

What the fuck is it with you BMW people and knowing what tree you bark at.....
I have never said the handling of newer BMW`s are gone..I have NEVER said that and will NEVER say it either......learn to read and understand what you are reading before you reply to anything.......

I say BMW are destroyed by the new looks of it and I stand by it, It doesnt matter how many cars they sell.....how the hell could they go from one of the most beautifull cars on the market to something that have rear lights of a primera wagon...(new 3 series)
The sales are good yes, and the X5 and X3 cover alot of it.....also the new 3 series do that of course as BMW got alot of followers who will buy anything with the kidneys on.......I know a guy who admits he thinks the new 3 series are ugly, still he buys it cuz he just have to buy it since its the new one....(yes I told him I think he is an idiot for buying something he dont even think looks that good)
Its not unusual that sales rise after a new model have been launched either as alot of people wait for the new model to be released...same story with every brand who got followers.....

To have the screen at that height are not magic or some einstein move its just that its the best place to have it to allow the driver to use it without having to look down.....
I dont care if Audi use a one button thingy I dont like it there either so dont play the blind Audi head card on me......
And I know people who like them and buy them. Design is so subjective and not worth to disuss, we all think different.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #187
pharzo
Regular User

You know he was just waiting for that one

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #188
RC45
Regular User

At least we agree alot on this issue RC.....
I saw an A8 yesterday (pulling out of an executive BP facility you gotta love oil money ) - it was a silver colour that in the sun looked like brushed aluminium... it is such a timeless and stately shaped car...

Awesome stuff..
Old 07-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #189
666fast
Regular User

IMO, the only thing BMW has over Audi is resale values.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #190
Toronto
Regular User

^^^^ and better rims
Old 07-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #191
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
^^^^ and better rims
Sure they do...

Old 07-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #192
bmagni
Regular User

I saw an A8 yesterday (pulling out of an executive BP facility you gotta love oil money ) - it was a silver colour that in the sun looked like brushed aluminium... it is such a timeless and stately shaped car...

Awesome stuff..
what ??? the A8 isnt that much of a nice car, it sure has a smooth line but thats about it, and it isnt that great, the grill is really awful, and the head and tail lights arent that good either.

Originally Posted by 666fast
IMO, the only thing BMW has over Audi is resale values.
lol, thats funny, not to mention how audis get owned by bimmers

i dont know why people complain so much about the bmw's design, i know the pre face lifted 7 series looks that good, but it doesnt look bad, but the actual one looks really good, and not to mention the 5er, people just dont like it cause they didnt like the 7 series and they just follow the trend of not liking the bangle design. The new 3 looks better than the past one, much more agressive, though i would have prefered better tail lights. I dont say you have to like BMWs, just dont exagerate.
Ugly ?? GMs, Pontiacs, Chryslers, Fords, those are ugly cars.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:38 PM   #193
RC45
Regular User

A coworker dove her paper-licence plate new 3 series BMW to work today.

Oh my farginghell - it is a hodgepodge with no flow.

There was an E46 a couple cars over - and what a beautiful design... the new one just plain sucks.

BMW has taken the "family look" too far.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #194
Sir_GT
Regular User

Here we go again...
Old 07-08-2005, 04:15 AM   #195
bmwdakias
Regular User

What the fuck is it with you BMW people and knowing what tree you bark at.....
I have never said the handling of newer BMW`s are gone..I have NEVER said that and will NEVER say it either......learn to read and understand what you are reading before you reply to anything.......

I say BMW are destroyed by the new looks of it and I stand by it, It doesnt matter how many cars they sell.....how the hell could they go from one of the most beautifull cars on the market to something that have rear lights of a primera wagon...(new 3 series)
The sales are good yes, and the X5 and X3 cover alot of it.....also the new 3 series do that of course as BMW got alot of followers who will buy anything with the kidneys on.......I know a guy who admits he thinks the new 3 series are ugly, still he buys it cuz he just have to buy it since its the new one....(yes I told him I think he is an idiot for buying something he dont even think looks that good)
Its not unusual that sales rise after a new model have been launched either as alot of people wait for the new model to be released...same story with every brand who got followers.....

To have the screen at that height are not magic or some einstein move its just that its the best place to have it to allow the driver to use it without having to look down.....
I dont care if Audi use a one button thingy I dont like it there either so dont play the blind Audi head card on me......
Just read the whole of your previous post(i hadnt before) and realised that nothing bad was said about the balance and handling of BMWs. It is the mere pation to support your preffered badge that blind me, . I do know the reason for placing the screen at this height, what i wanted to point out is that BMW was the first to make this move. The new three series might have rear lights that look like the designers were left out of ideas but the rest of the car has nothing that its not easy to the eye. The Bangle effects have been derated therefore i dont think that it can be called ugly, but then again i dont think that any BMW (from the e65 and forward) can be called ugly.
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote