Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 09-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #31
mindgam3
Regular User

Either way i wouldnt bet on them coming out any time soon - may as well get a G4 pb unless you dont really need a laptop right now
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:00 PM   #32
Ziploc
Regular User

i play all JW media on my iBook and with the airport card i can download top gear while i sit on the porch! only takes 5mins to

as for OSXpanther? stable as anything hasn't been shut down, restarted, or crashed in 7 months(!!) it sleeps all day and my dual USB 12" powerbook still gets 3:45 minutes on a full battery which is great by my standards

thing is low power processor, not much ram, and not the greatest graphics card means its not a gamer. but it does everything else without sweating.

all in all a great package for 300$ off a kid at school at the begining of summer

the first consumer PCs were macs my family had that all in one toaster, then a 6200powermac and then a G4 this house is 50/50 in terms of PC/Macs

we have 2 identical ibooks 600mhz with OSX (sis), mine has panther
a graphite G4 (looking to be replaced with a new G5 tower)(mom)

and 2 PCs one with 600mhz tower (dads) and my 2.4gig gamer

basically the rule of thumb here? if you game or watch movies or surf the net? the pc is better. even tho the macs can do it to its a bit easier on the PCs. however want to get work done in a stable enviroment with Word or Adobe or 3D modelling you best off with a mac. for workbased operation theres almost none ebtter
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote