Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-26-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Default Network/hosting help needed

ok so heres the deal...

I know some stuff about networks..but I need some help..I just started at college and I'm in a dorm and they have the whole thing networked through a connection that makes my cable modem back home (over 300 k/b sec) look like a 33.6 k..I've already said in a another forum that I m able to download at over 2 m/b a sec depending on the time of the day...however the only problem is they have kazaa blocked..I've already gotten around that though by using another program called winmx, its not near as good though..

The thing is I would love to set up a FTP to share vids with everyone in the Dowloading Club members and I have flash fxp and I've used it to download from other peoples FTPs..but I dont knwo how to set it up..and I'm pretty sure the school dosnt allow that b/c they spend a shitload of money on B/W...1)could they find out that I was sharing stuff through an FTP..or is there anyway to get around that 2)if there is no way to circumvent them from seeing that I'm sharing with an FTP what else could I do to make use of this connection...I would love to be able to contribute more and take advantage of this thing...I just need some advice on how to do it...Thanks!
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote