Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 07-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Top Gear - S11 EP6 - 27th July, 2008 - Discussion

In the last show of the current series Jeremy, Richard and James take on their rivals from the German equivalent of Top Gear and, in doing so, face their toughest challenge yet - not mentioning the war. Plus, James drives some exceedingly strange Japanese sports people in an exceeding strange Japanese car and Richard attacks the test track in a remarkable concept car from Mazda.
Only a 6 episode run

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Yes, that's short but I read somewhere that they will come back in october/november
Anyway, I guess it's the Mazda Furaï for the test track
Old 07-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
styla21
Regular User

6 Episodes? What is that? I really wish I hadn't opened this thread...
Old 07-19-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
eunos94
Regular User

I think they should up the ante and go for 12 episode runs...
Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Before I get on to the coming week's show, though, I just want to clear up a bit of housekeeping. Firstly, if the boys on Final Gear are reading this - WE DID NOT DUB A BLOODY V8 ON THE DAIHATSU TERIOS. Promise, chaps.

I asked the director the same question about the engine when I saw the first cut of the film and he said you can hear the V8 camera car in the background, but the Terios still makes its own rorty little sound.

Secondly, if Final Gear boys are still tuned in, one of you wrote a couple of weeks ago that James hadn't been in the series much, and that we therefore must be grooming the viewers for him leaving. Pleeeeeese. Go and put that fertile conspiracy theory brain of yours to better use. Find out if Kennedy was shot in Dallas, or during a faked moon landing.

Right, the final show. Well, the big news is that Sabine is back with a vengeance. You may remember her as the scorching racing driver who schooled Jeremy in his attempt to whack a Jag round the 'Ring in under 10 minutes; now she fronts a German version of Top Gear(D Motor?), with three presenters, and so naturally we issued a challenge - bring some cars, meet us in Belgium, and basically come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

In addition to that we have Hammond doing the power test, which is the road-going version of the Gumpert Apollo. It is devastatingly ugly, and also devastatingly fast, so practise moving your eyeballs quickly from left to right before you watch the film. Then there's James on his own in Japan, looking at Japan's secret car company. (Mitsuoka)

Finally, as I write this, Jay Kay is coming down with his sights fixed firmly on Cowell's lap time. In truth, I think he's the only star around at the moment with the speed to knock Cowell off the top, and bugger me is he hungry for it. So, no rain dances from anyone please. Let your gardens wither - we need a dry track on Wednesday.
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planett...ow-six-wilman/
Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
xbeakerx
Regular User

is this the episode where they drive the Bat Mobile??
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
silentm
Regular User

can't wait to see the sow down between top gear and Dmotor... quite frankly if top gear doesn't bring the stig they are hopelessly lost Sabine Schmitz and her co driver are 2 people who can actually drive cars compared to JC and errrr Hammond maybe
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
martin100
Regular User

Lets really hope they´ll be back with a new series this fall / winter... Another year break is just too long...
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #9
CarlZ
Regular User

i'm sure they will be back this year
Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
toffytofik
Regular User

IMO, the most hilarious episode of the six! Germany vs Britain was epic!
toffytofik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
pitfield
Regular User

Did anyone notice in Jay Kay's lap that he swaps cars a few time during. HPK and HPJ are both used, one car has different race seats.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
5vz-fe
Regular User

The German vs Britain is funny as hell. All 3 Topgear presenters are all cocks LOL!! Jeremy with his cheating skills, Richard with his bad winner celebration, and James....well....James is tied up in a shack, so he's okay.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
The German vs Britain is funny as hell. All 3 Topgear presenters are all cocks LOL!! Jeremy with his cheating skills, Richard with his bad winner celebration, and James....well....James is tied up in a shack, so he's okay.
My favorite was definitely the one armed man loosing his prosthetic !!!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

LOL, yeah, that was funny! Kinda felt bad for the guy tho, but he prolly used to the jokes.
I don't think any car related TV program will ever have the budget of TopGear
Old 07-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #15
marcefer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
I don't think any car related TV program will ever have the budget of TopGear
Talking about budget, does anyone have any idea how big TG budget is?
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote