Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 11-03-2004, 08:33 PM   #16
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
At least the guy still has his car :roll:
And his brake rotors, wouldnt they be more than turbo wheels and tires? i guess it might be more work to take those off too :shock:
Old 11-03-2004, 08:37 PM   #17
coloradosilver
Regular User

Gotta love those Californians!
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:59 PM   #18
lakatu
Regular User

I have noticed recently that people have become careless :roll: in where they are posting their material to Porsche Central. As most of you know st-anger has created posting rules that he believes will organize the material in a way that will be useful to users of Porsche Central. See http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12420

When st-anger left he asked me to try and see that those rules were followed. While many people do not agree with those rules, I think that JW members should do what we can to follow them. We owe st-anger a great deal for the extensive sacrifice of his time to create Porsche Central and large portion of its content. Much of this sacrifice actual is unseen and goes without recognition or notice. Personally, I think it is disrespectful to not make an attempt to follow these posting rules.

In saying these things I don’t mean to assign any blame to individuals. Nor do I wish to discourage anyone from posting their material in Porsche Central. In fact I am thankful for everyone’s contributions and appreciate the efforts that you have made to share with community members here.

I realize that many times people that have posted here have gone to great effort and time to create their posts and that by posting in the “sticky” sections their posts are sometimes missed or overlooked. I can sympathize with the desire to post outside of these sections were your post will be more visible. I have discussed these and other related issue to the posting rules with st-anger and I can tell you that st-anger is also very much aware of these issues. However, st-anger, and myself included, believe that the organizational benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I think most everyone will agree that there is a sense of friendship and community at JW and more specifically at Porsche Central. Respecting others wishes is the foundation of getting along as a community. As a result, I would respectfully request that everyone make an effort to follow the posting rules that st-anger laid out. I would appreciate others help in positively 8) encouraging people to follow these rules and in helping them better understand what they are exactly.

In an effort to avoid singling people out I will make this a “form” post that I will post each time I feel people are not doing their best to follow these rules. Additionally, I am starting with all posts on or after October 17, 2004.

In order to maintain the organizational structure posts that are made in the future will be moved to the section they should have originally been posted. In the past the moderators have taken the time and effort to ensure that the original poster received credit for the moved post. Unfortunately, we are announcing that from this point forward we will no longer be able to devote the extra time and effort to give credit to the original poster. Therefore, if you want to receive the credit and recognition for the contribution of your post please take the time to learn were the post should go. Otherwise the moderator that moves the post will receive the “credit” for the post.

Hopefully everyone will understand the intent of this post, which is to respect Porsche Centrals founder’s wishes for how JW members post in his section. If by chance your are offended by this please PM me so that I might have a chance to clarify what I am trying to say and resolve any conflict as this is not intended to offend anyone. Also, PM if you are confused as to where your post should have gone. Additionally, you could post any questions for discussion about the posting rules to the sticky that explains what those rules are at http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12420 .

Thank you everyone for your help on this matter .
Old 11-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #19
5vz-fe
Regular User

Geez..those cheap ass theives...don't even wanna waste money on bricks?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:08 AM   #20
DJF1
Regular User

Oh man...I would have a heart attack...
DJF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:33 AM   #21
tigerx
Regular User

man someone got OWNED LMFAO.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:49 AM   #22
DeMoN
Regular User

wow that is something unbelievable! I suppoe it was in a car park... how did no one see that?
Old 11-07-2004, 03:00 AM   #23
sikx5
Regular User

LOL why didnt they take the brakes!!!! idiots!! LOL
Old 11-07-2004, 09:37 AM   #24
Kz
Regular User

Man I would cry if this happened to me...and after i finish sulking, go find the bastards and kill them 0X
Kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #25
Schwalbe

That's horrible to look at. Zero respect for the 996TT. :x

Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:26 PM   #26
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

:x :x :x :x :x :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe JG 44
That's horrible to look at. Zero respect for the 996TT. :x

That's some nice aftermarket suspension on the 911TT. Shit...when I say use bricks, I mean use 4, not 2......
Old 11-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #28
Evo
Regular User

They seem to be in a hurry..lol ..

I know I should be more respect full but come on.. How many of you want to see a pix of the owner looking at his car like that.. . Priceless..
Old 11-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #29
CSedl87
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
They seem to be in a hurry..lol ..

I know I should be more respect full but come on.. How many of you want to see a pix of the owner looking at his car like that.. . Priceless..
Well it doesn't matter to you, it seems you have enough money to buy all the Porsches you like.
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:32 AM   #30
cho_888
Regular User

i would be hitting people, even if it was a joke. fucking stupid