Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 12-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #301
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
Everyone has those computer projection glass walls now. Even middle level govt employees in Las Vegas have them (CSI). Does that shite even exist outside of TV and the Movies.

Maybe they are trying to keep their movies from not being dated. All it takes is a big arse cell phone and you point and laugh now. Remember the hot cell phones in the Matrix.

yes they do exist, albeit there is not an advanced OS like the one you saw in the movie, the matrix cell phones were hideous and huge, what I was referring to was that Bond's celly took some serious abuse, water, sand, fire and the thing still worked! but enough about 007, I am watching "my name is Bruce" right now, it sucks beyond all that sucked, I am thinking of finding out the name of Miss Fields and see if she has some pics online

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:54 AM   #302
r2r
Regular User

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Don't watch it!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #303
silentm
Regular User

haha ok i'll take that advice

i don't really know why i'm going to write down the following words as the movies aren't new and are considered classics. but what the hell

Citizen Kane - hmmm this is a tough one, it's the first very old movie i have ever seen so i probably can't really judge about the quality of the movie. but i really liked the characters alot and the plot was really good even though i was sometimes a bit confused because there was just too much going on in too short time intervals.

giving it a solid 8.5/10

Apocalypse Now! - Saigon ....... shit.

pretty good movie, it made me sick to my stomach while i was enjoying my lunch. i guess i chose the wrong time to watch it but i like how it shows an ugly war and how it fucks with the soldiers minds. but in my oppinion the ending was kind of weird and didn't really do it for me. it left to may questions open...

8/10
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #304
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r View Post
The Day the Earth Stood Still

Don't watch it!
I see. I really don't really expect to watch anything at the theatres for the next six months. Nothing looks good.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #305
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
I see. I really don't really expect to watch anything at the theatres for the next six months. Nothing looks good.
The only reason I went to see it in theaters is because sci-fi films are pretty rare these days, so I wanted to experience it in full.

One sci-fi film I can't wait to see though is Avatar (late 2009), that should be pretty epic.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #306
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r View Post
The only reason I went to see it in theaters is because sci-fi films are pretty rare these days, so I wanted to experience it in full.

One sci-fi film I can't wait to see though is Avatar (late 2009), that should be pretty epic.
Wait. I totally forgot about Star Trek. I'll watch that.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #307
Mattk
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
haha ok i'll take that advice

i don't really know why i'm going to write down the following words as the movies aren't new and are considered classics. but what the hell

Citizen Kane - hmmm this is a tough one, it's the first very old movie i have ever seen so i probably can't really judge about the quality of the movie. but i really liked the characters alot and the plot was really good even though i was sometimes a bit confused because there was just too much going on in too short time intervals.

giving it a solid 8.5/10

Apocalypse Now! - Saigon ....... shit.

pretty good movie, it made me sick to my stomach while i was enjoying my lunch. i guess i chose the wrong time to watch it but i like how it shows an ugly war and how it fucks with the soldiers minds. but in my oppinion the ending was kind of weird and didn't really do it for me. it left to may questions open...

8/10
Interestingly enough, I studied both those films at school. The ending of Apocolypse Now is deliberately ambiguous. The most common interpretation is that Willard orders the air strike, which demolishes Kurtz's compound and everyone forgets about it. Mission accomplished.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #308
philip
Regular User

Saw Day Earth Stood Still tonight. Had very low expectations, since local paper gave it a one star and that usually means unwatchable.

I'm a SF fan so I'm going to see it regardless.

First lots of good trailers for future SF movies, including Star Trek and Terminator 4. All future SF movies coming out look real good. Terminator 4 opens Late in May of next year. Looks real good with Batman as John Connor. Certainly looks alot better than Terminator 3.

Second with low expectations, I wasnt expecting much and it was a pleasent surprise that it was reasonably good.

Since the Day the Earth Stood Still, the orginal, was a classic, they actually followed the plot of that movie. From the previews it looks like it is a totally different movie, but it isnt. Yes there are changes, Washington is New York, the little girl is a little boy.

Jennifer Conneley is the single mom, just like the orginal. She is very beautiful and watching her for two hours is worth the admission.

Kathy Bates plays a very good, bad girl, secretary of defense. Neo is Neo no surprise there.

Only problems are Gort is kind of lame, and they get preachy about the environment. Bigest error is they dont follow the orginal close enough so we miss the best part of the orginal movie. Yeah I was hoping that was still going to happen at the end, but no.

So I would give it a B or B-, but remember I like movies.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #309
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
Interestingly enough, I studied both those films at school. The ending of Apocolypse Now is deliberately ambiguous. The most common interpretation is that Willard orders the air strike, which demolishes Kurtz's compound and everyone forgets about it. Mission accomplished.
yeah i figured it was done like that on purpose... but wasn't there a scene where Willard wanted to make the call but the wire was cut?

and i had the impression that they only needed the airstrike if Willard had failed to kill Kurtz. so i guess that the whole situation would fall apart if the key person was simply eliminated.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 AM   #310
10000rpmlover
Regular User

appaloosa

this is a great western drama, fantastic music, reminisces of clint eastwood movies, Ed harris and Vigo mortensen give some incredibly good acting, the movie takes a crazy turn though, but I guess that was the wild west for you, cruel and had to be dealt with violence, renee zellwegger however is not believable as an old west type woman, but you can forgive this as the rest of the film, including some opf the photography is very nice under 1080p

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
Old 12-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #311
10000rpmlover
Regular User

RELIGULOUS!

best movie I have seen all year, hands down, it's like Bill Maher takes all those questions that intelligent people want to ask and asks them, shows organized religion for the BS that it is, go get this and watch it this Christmas

Old 12-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #312
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
it's like Bill Maher takes all those questions that intelligent people want to ask and asks them, shows organized religion for the BS that it is, go get this and watch it this Christmas
Bill Maher, that pot smoking PETA overlord who wants legal prostitution and destruction of all corporations?
Old 12-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #313
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Bill Maher, that pot smoking PETA overlord who wants legal prostitution and destruction of all corporations?

yes that guy, the movie is brilliant, has some seriously good WTF moments, like when a US senator tells him that there is no IQ test to be in the government

there is an awkward silence.... then a comment that had me spewing water all over the place I was crying of laughter

Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #314
r2r
Regular User

Let The Right One In

Gone Baby Gone

both good films!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #315
pagani
Regular User

V for vandetta