Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 12-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #16
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

Default 24 hrs with James May?

Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
Will be nice to see what the TG Team can do in the 24H race with their BMW 330dti Sport.
I just want see them get along for 24 hours

m0ng0l01dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
SafirXP
Regular User

1st i somehow amazingly forgot that it aired & then this wait of hours thanks to my 256kbps connection! & now i hear about the 430!!!

saw the bloody ascari in jeremy's video!!! but i'm lookin forward to the endurance racing & the fiat! oh well... any TG episode is better than no TG!
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #18
volkoff
Regular User

It wasnt SO great. The race story wasnt very involving 'couse it was evident that they dont have a lot of chanses. If the Stig wasnt there they provably would finish in last place, if finish at all. The only impresive thing is how long this car stayed alive.
The ascari was pretty gorg and funny. I totaly agree with Jezza - its a good family car, almost perfect.

Also somebody may get a kick in da butt, from the producers ))
Old 12-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #19
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by volkoff View Post
It wasnt SO great. The race story wasnt very involving 'couse it was evident that they dont have a lot of chanses. If the Stig wasnt there they provably would finish in last place, if finish at all.
That was the whole point. That's what made it so great because they were bunch of guys with (frankly, a huge budget) very very little chance of finishing, but they did! And it gives us amateurs hope of participating in such events sometimes in our pitiful little lives. I say this was one of the best things Top Gear has ever done including the epic races, the rocket, and the Polar expedition.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #20
m0ng0l01dz
Regular User

I'm sort of more scared now than ever. If I was on a track with the hamster, I'd take out an additional insurance policy.

m0ng0l01dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #21
redbaron
Regular User

I really enjoyed the item about the Ascari. I reminded me about 1,5 year ago when I spoke to Klaas Zwart (owner of Ascari). Back than the item about the KZ1 was just broadcasted. I congratulated him with the respectable time around the track. He immediately told me that the A10 would be much faster and probably even the fastest around the track. And 1,5 year later it happened, so it were not only words, they have done it!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
SafirXP
Regular User

hey it wasnt that bad... esp the endurance racing. the rest was a bit dull imo!
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
volkoff
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
And it gives us amateurs hope of participating in such events sometimes in our pitiful little lives.
Dude, your live is pitty only if that is the way you consider it.

The polar expedition was realy cool, as well the african safari, but this race thing only demonstrated that if you got a frankly huge budget and a pro racing driver in your team, you may participate in some race.
Yep, great and very fresh news.

IMHO of course.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:46 AM   #24
graywolf624
Regular User

Contrary to the other reviews I actually liked this episode. Well other then the star in a reasonably priced car that I've never heard of and was so boring if you were drunk youd suddenly find yourself sober.

The Ascari review was quite funny and the car itself is quite impressive. I wish we could have seen some more of the technical bits, but still some fantastic camera work there. The car itself is very cool, and man can it go around the track. It really suprised me that it was that quick. Ascaris right to track usage also makes this car a definite contender.

The 500 versus biker race was a bit boring to be honest. I have no interest in the 500 and honestly they were not in the right spots to shoot the bikers. Also the whole thing was missing a sense of urgency like most of the other challenges. (real or imaginary urgency not withstanding). Just about the only intesting thing about the whole review was the snowy background to the car. They could have done some interesting shots had they had a nice car.

Anyway, this all brings us to silverstone. A bit I enjoyed tremendously. Now granted it does show the level of talent (or rather lack there of) of the top gear team, but it was still cool to see them out there swapping paint and to see other race cars as well. Now granted they never stood a chance to begin with, but still a nice touch. Hamster must be cursed.