Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 08-02-2005, 05:01 AM   #1
DJF1
Regular User

Default For St.Anger - How does a Fikse wheel look up close ;)

Originally Posted by st-anger
...g

on a side note i´d like to greet my friend Danny nice that u made it here again, hope everything´s fine with u and you´re hopefully with best health again
hope that u´ll find the time to share some more of your experience with Porsche Central ppl - definitely looking forward to talk with u again in here...
Thanks ST.Anger so much for your kind words and for your well wishes.I did not want to highjack the other thread so I post this one here... I'm fine ( thank GOD) its really a testament to Porsche quality and safety... I just got back my cabrio and drove her tonight oh boy she just feels perfect! When I visited Stuttgart , I met a nice Porsche salesman at the Centrum next to the factory. He spoke to me about loyalty and he called the addiction you get as "Infestation to your blood" LOL.. It is soooooo true! I have driven so many cars in my life, bimmers, mercedes, alfas, renaults and countless other brands but no car even has me so magnetized as a 911... it is magical for sure... So I could not stay away, as a matter of fact I'm preparing a video from my last race to upload for the nice folks here in the forum. It will not contains my accident as I have swore I will not publish this, but I thought I would give you guys a taste of it by one digitized picture from the video camera which was taping during the accident. The other car flew on all four really before landing on my front bumper... I call it how does a Fikse wheel look upclose ( notice the angle of my car by the way...

DJF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:11 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Hey, that's scary :shock:
Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Evo
Regular User

Glad to hear that you are alright.. I can tell from that picture that the landing was not very nice.. What made the car fly that high in the first place..
Old 08-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
DJF1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
Glad to hear that you are alright.. I can tell from that picture that the landing was not very nice.. What made the car fly that high in the first place..
Thanks... indeed tha landing was not very nice... I cannot say that I got scared as to be honest I did not have time to get scared I think. Everything happened so fast that I had a num feeling about it when the dust settled in the cockpit. Watching the onboard video is truly scary, my wife saw it and when the impact occured she was so shocked that she started crying...

I dont want to circulate the video because I have made a promise to my fellow racer who hit me not to do that. I dont have a confirmation if he was really at fault or a victim himself, so any "evidence" out in the public could mean for him to loose his racing lincence and I do not wish that for him. Things happen in racing, heck I knew the risks big time when I got involved, you always hope you are not going to be in that position, but real racing its not GT4 where you hit the reset button. On the upside its much more exiting than playing GT4 so I guess you cant have it all ! LOL

How it happened is that on the last lap of the race , the safety car came out. My bad luck on this deal is that I found myself just been lapped by the leader so I got to be on the front row at the restart on the outside heading into turn one. Turn one at Sebring is a blind, slippery, bumpy, 4th gear 100+ mph scary as hell turn. At the restart I gunned it pretty good , all this Champ Car race wathing paid off , so I was neck and neck with the leader on my inside. My plan was to take the outside of turn one and drive off line at turn 2 still on the outside to make room for the leading pack which was behind me. Well just before we started turning in at turn 1 another racer sliced between us, pulling a bonehead move really as he way way too fast for this turn, and as soon as he start turning his tail came out and he went into a tank slapping , leading into a spin from the inside of the turn towards me on the outside. I stayed out to avoid him and planned to go through the grass. Then the next thing I know is that I get hit on the rear quarter and I hear the first bang, then a second bang and my windshield brakes in the corner and then I'm stopped, dirt flying through the cockpit, my engine is still running but I have someone resting on my front bumper!!! I check myself, all the bones and lims are still there and thankfully the door still opens... From the account of the corner workers who saw the whole thing, He went straight on an angle on my rear left fender, then my car started going sideways on the dirt and his car flew upwards on all 4! Then as my car continued going sideways, his started coming down, so his underbelly started grazing the side of my car, his right front pankaked my fender and eventually he landed on the bumper... He claims he was bumped by the spinning car, the spinning car claimes he did not bump him... One thing is for sure. The spinning car pulled a bonehead move for the lead and cause a whole mess which was not necessary...
The good news is that besides a very stiff neck and a couple of broozes I did not have any other injury, my poor car got the most of it, but again testament to Porsche safety and built quality, it seems the tub is unharmed and its repairable....
Old 08-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
DJF1
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
So is the car repairable or is it going to the junkyard?
It in the process of getting repaired as we speak... She will live to see another day
Old 08-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
st-anger
Regular User

Default Re: For St.Anger - How does a Fikse wheel look up close ;)

...u´re more than welcome my friend - THX for your report, adding some nice words and most of all passion for "our" beloved brand

hope to see u soon in here...

Originally Posted by DJF1
Originally Posted by st-anger
...g

on a side note i´d like to greet my friend Danny nice that u made it here again, hope everything´s fine with u and you´re hopefully with best health again
hope that u´ll find the time to share some more of your experience with Porsche Central ppl - definitely looking forward to talk with u again in here...
Thanks ST.Anger so much for your kind words and for your well wishes.I did not want to highjack the other thread so I post this one here... I'm fine ( thank GOD) its really a testament to Porsche quality and safety... I just got back my cabrio and drove her tonight oh boy she just feels perfect! When I visited Stuttgart , I met a nice Porsche salesman at the Centrum next to the factory. He spoke to me about loyalty and he called the addiction you get as "Infestation to your blood" LOL.. It is soooooo true! I have driven so many cars in my life, bimmers, mercedes, alfas, renaults and countless other brands but no car even has me so magnetized as a 911... it is magical for sure... So I could not stay away, as a matter of fact I'm preparing a video from my last race to upload for the nice folks here in the forum. It will not contains my accident as I have swore I will not publish this, but I thought I would give you guys a taste of it by one digitized picture from the video camera which was taping during the accident. The other car flew on all four really before landing on my front bumper... I call it how does a Fikse wheel look upclose ( notice the angle of my car by the way...

Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote