Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 08-24-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
livin_the_dublife
Regular User

Default What are maintenance costs on a lambo?????????????

My friends dad has a ferrari 355 and he says every 5000 km he has to change the timeing belt for $5000 Canadian. WTF that is ridiculous.

I was just wondering are their outragous tuning costs like this for a lambo?

If so what are they?

Thanks
livin_the_dublife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #2
Jabba
Regular User

A new clutch in a Lambo is £4,500 here.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
Drive4Ever
Regular User

what about an oil change?
Drive4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

Well theres a lot of it of course...I seem to remember it being in the region of £350 (for the actual oil)
Old 08-25-2004, 02:25 AM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Was that the first clutch you replaced on your Lamborghini? exalted lord Jabba?

And what, may I ask, is the year-round cost for your most holy Diablo?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:18 AM   #6
Jabba
Regular User

Nope never had to change a clutch yet...and that goes for the Ferrari as well.

This year for the Diablo was over £3,000 due to it needing a new starter motor.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

Default Re: What are maintenance costs on a lambo?????????????

Originally Posted by livin_the_dublife
My friends dad has a ferrari 355 and he says every 5000 km he has to change the timeing belt for $5000 Canadian. WTF that is ridiculous.

I was just wondering are their outragous tuning costs like this for a lambo?

If so what are they?

Thanks
not sure whether this is true or not but wouldnt be suprised. What do you expect, its a high performance exotic.....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
Jabba
Regular User

Belts need changing every 3 years...unless you are really doing some heavy mileage and cost between £900 (where I go) and £2,800 (main dealer)

http://www.qvlondon.co.uk/about.htm

http://www.qvlondon.co.uk/offers.htm
Old 08-25-2004, 11:51 AM   #9
sameerrao
Regular User

I was reading on Ferrarichat that the Lambo clutches are very sensitive to abuse. People new to Lambos have written off their clutches within 1000 miles.

If I ever buy a Lambo or a Ferrari I would make sure that I spend some time with an existing owner to go over the recommended driving technique. Its too expensive to learn through your mistakes....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #10
Jabba
Regular User

I wouldn't consider myself a great or in anyway a special driver....just basic common sense really.

I bought my 355 with 12,000 miles on the clock with a clutch in an unknown condition...I am just approaching 30,000 miles and its still going strong...

Same for the Diablo but I have done even more miles in that....I can only think that the people that destroy their clutches A) cant drive B) are wheel spinning the fuck out of their cars.....both are the sort of people that go onto crash their cars shortly after as well.

Just treat everything with a bit of respect (I know you would anyway) have plenty of time and patience for your car..(and love) and it will reward you accordingly.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #11
sameerrao
Regular User

I think you are better driver than you rate yourself - if you can keep both cars running such high mileages w/o any serious issues...

With F or L cars with e-gear or F1 transmissions, reversing uphill is a definite no -no. As it is the car continously slips the clutch in reverse but doing it uphill eats up much quicker. Just something else I picked up on the f-chat site.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #12
Jabba
Regular User

Running costs are as expensive or cheap as you choose to make them for these cars.

Look at how Schumacher seems to get better reliability than Rubens out of the F1...its all down to knowing how to get the best out of your car.

I did write a long article on RF about my experiences using a 355 GTS as a daily driver as opposed to the spider I have now.

Long and short of it was (in my experience)....Ferraris hate short journeys...they need to be warmed up for a good 15 - 20 minutes prior to use...then another 15 minutes of driving under 3K...then when the oil is at its optimum temperature...start to really open her up...right up to the red line (I never hit the rev limiter though) the harder you drive her the more she will beg you for more....I stay out for a max of about of three hours....before some slow driving to cool her down before going home...then another 20 minutes to cool her down slowly before the final switch off...

Also I noticed everything only starts to really "gel" after around one hour of use...no idea what takes this long to heat up...but its a very different car to the car after just 15 minutes of use.

Engine problems and costs so far (exc routine maintence) - ZERO

Happiness so far - 100%
Old 08-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #13
mindgam3
Regular User

seems like you take extra special care of your cars jabba The way it should be done i guess, and you obviously have got a reward by making all the usual wear n tear components last as long as you have. I mean 30,000 miles, n however many in the lambo is quite a lot for an exotic......
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #14
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
seems like you take extra special care of your cars jabba The way it should be done i guess, and you obviously have got a reward by making all the usual wear n tear components last as long as you have. I mean 30,000 miles, n however many in the lambo is quite a lot for an exotic......
I guess it could be as low as 18,000...as it could have been a new clutch when I got the car at 12,000 miles.....still not bad going though...

I saw that allanlambo has a similar story for his white SV....
Old 08-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #15
SilviaEvo
Regular User

wow Jabbas story time tales tell us another one on the Ferrari Uncle Jabba