Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 11-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #16
blast

just one comment for now

COCKSTER!
Old 11-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #17
No.1
Regular User

LOL... he is a genius with comedy sometimes 8)

The episode was quite good.

RC cars was different, and waaaay better than i had expected

The Coxster (thats how you spell it) is a fantastic car. I love it, and it looks pretty good IMO

The RS4 was devastating - it really is a step up from the old RS4 and indeed, as JC sayss, an M3 beater The rock climbers were exellent - hats off to them. I won't say who won, but to scale 1200ft in 2hrs (which should take 7) is no mean feat. They had no ropes either! It would have been awful for them to fall in such a "pointless" race.

British Racing Green Story was pretty cool - not as boring as it could have been, with the Napier and Bentley Blower looking great. The Vanwall is mad IMO - a crazy car, but definitely a great looking/sounding one. Too cool 8)

Another great ep... roll on next week
Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #18
Wutputt
Regular User

It was a great episode IMO. I really had a good laugh. Especially when JC was making fun of the director's Coxster. But I really was rolling on the floor during the RC car feature. Man, I really liked that.

As for the RS4. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it IRL, and I still am, certainly now it also seems great to drive.

Even though I had a great laugh, I hunkering for some rarer cars and politically incorrect driving in the next episodes
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #19
jakaracman
Regular User

RC car feature was brilliant, even better than last episode 2nd part on the isle o man. And that was one of the best, if not the best ...
Ian Wright: for me, he's No1 on the board, attractive & fast. My kind of driving. 8)
And RC cars: I used to race them ... I wish I could race those

RS4: OK, this one was a complete miss ... 2 hours for 60 miles? It shuld tahe no more than 1 hour 15 mins on those roads with that car ... 80 kph is manageable if you use the car properly ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM   #20
racer_f50
Regular User

amazing episode! those 3 sure know how to put on a genuinely funny and entertaining show. Non-stop laughs, fast cars, some destruction...what more could we really ask for?

I loved how Jeremy kept calling it the "Coxster" too
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #21
godspeed06
Regular User

easily one of the best top gears ever... the rock climbing was simply mind boggling. im an endurance athlete myself, but i still cant see how someone can climb so aggressively for two hours... what an amazing athlete. the rs4 is a beast. the show was hilarious. i love top gear.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #22
carguy_88
Regular User

you, me and everybody else...

btw: 5th gear sucks....is there anyone who still wathces that show??
carguy_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #23
Anonymous

Originally Posted by carguy_88
you, me and everybody else...

btw: 5th gear sucks....is there anyone who still wathces that show??
You seen the Tiff 430 spider test?? It was bloody brilliant, sadly this weeks was awful, still brief moments of genius, just somehow can't seem to sustain it and to much Jon fucking Bentley boring us.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #24
crayzayjay
Regular User

Great episode. JC's verdict on the Cayman was somewhat surprising (less delicate than a Boxster??), but the RS4 and RC car features were excellent.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #25
daveo555
Regular User

Does anyone know other then the torrent networks where i could download the episode?
For some reason i cant download it?
daveo555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:26 AM   #26
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by daveo555
Does anyone know other then the torrent networks where i could download the episode?
For some reason i cant download it?
I wonder what that reason could be..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #27
daveo555
Regular User

No the problem is software wise or pc config but i cant locate the problem!
BUt ive figured out that any torrent ive tried doesnt work! It downloads 2meg and stops! Something about a semaphore timeout!
daveo555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01 AM   #28
Anonymous

BUt ive figured out that any torrent ive tried doesnt work! It downloads 2meg and stops! Something about a semaphore timeout!
We're not about piracy here, but post a topic in computers, gadgets and gizmos with the error/s, not mentioning what you are trying to download and someone might be able to help. Yes we know torrents exist but we don't need everyone constantly talking about them, not going to encourage piracy but plenty of knowledgable computer bods here .
Old 11-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #29
Anonymous

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by AL123
We're not about piracy here, but post a topic in computers, gadgets and gizmos with the error/s, not mentioning what you are trying to download and someone might be able to help. Yes we know torrents exist but we don't need everyone constantly talking about them, not going to encourage piracy but plenty of knowledgable computer bods here .
There are legal torrents as well...
no shit, i never knew that, but it his case its not. I suppose you are one of these people who download 200GB of Linux distributions per month eh :roll: