Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-30-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
crochico
Regular User

Default Sobering sight

i hate when this kind of stuff happens, and i don't really see something like this too often.. i went out about an hour ago to the grocery store to buy lunch for work tomorrow.. and while i was about to leave the store, i hear fire truck sirens, but that's not an unusual occurence.. i start heading back home on the same road i took to get to the store, and the traffic is backed up(which rarely happens on this road) and lots of lights are flashing as well.. finally i get close enough to see the police cars, and fire trucks.. and as i pass the chaos, there's a brand new, silver 500SL with the top down, and a large blue scratch (wide) on the drivers side rear end (Left-hand drive), and there's a male (20s-30s) laying on the floor and they've just given him CPR.. at first i think, poor guy got hit crossing the road, but as i pass the Benz, there's a blue YZF-R6 on the road on it's side.. hopefully the riders injuries weren't too serious, but it appeared like all he was wearing was a helmet.. seeing that sight, it just shook me up.. i've done my share of stupid things, but when you see a rider down, it just hits you.. and the last time i saw something similar, they added stop signs to the intersection because the rider died.. it's easy to drive around protected by a roof and doors in our cars, but riders are just left exposed, and it sucks when a careless driver doesn't look in his/her mirrors or checks his blind spot and cuts off (and in this case hits) the rider. just had to get that out
crochico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:02 PM   #2
Anonymous

Bumming, that sucks. Ive been cut off or ran out of my lane more times than I can count. Ive also kicked more cars than I'd care to recall for doing it too, sort of a thats what ya get for not looking where the hell yer going! Reminder... I'll uasually only do this to a very nice or expensive type car, the peeps in shit heaps won't get the message.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #3
crochico
Regular User

yeah, usually the guys in the crap cars are looking for an excuse to collect some insurance money or just don't give a shit about their car.. other than accelerating away, or somehow avoiding the car, the only option left is a swift kick to the door, or any part you can reach.. i've heard many riders carry pennies, marbles, and bolts/nuts , to deal with aggressive drivers or ones that follow a bit too closely.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:24 PM   #4
gis
Regular User

dam that a sad story to hear,my dads friend died on a bike,when i was very young,he died only a few feet from our house,the only thing i found out that he went straight into a brick wall,and apparently head first,the helmet just broke in half and well,i guess u can imagine,but i can never find out the full story or what else and how it happened as my dad doesnt wanna speak bout it.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:27 PM   #5
Anonymous

.... Ive got steel Toe gaurds sort of like on cowboy boots, cept mine are really nasty... before I nailed them on I took a center punch to them and made dozens of tiny volcanoe shaped humps all over the front parts... (kinda feels like the business side of a cheese grater LOL ) So just the lightest touch as a car goes past or I go by does some amazing things .... LOL also makes nice dents in a kicking situation LOL I'm sure glad my bike is a rocket... some of these tin box jockeys get pissed when they hear a loud thunk as I go by...... Haha!!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
crochico
Regular User

Originally Posted by Krazy Hawaiian
.... Ive got steel Toe gaurds sort of like on cowboy boots, cept mine are really nasty...LOL also makes nice dents in a kicking situation LOL I'm sure glad my bike is a rocket... some of these tin box jockeys get pissed when they hear a loud thunk as I go by...... Haha!!
hahaha that's the most sinister thing i've heard in a while..haha, i'll make sure to take note of that.. that's the first i've heard of this "method"
Old 06-30-2003, 10:35 PM   #7
crochico
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
dam that a sad story to hear,my dads friend died on a bike,when i was very young,he died only a few feet from our house,the only thing i found out that he went straight into a brick wall,and apparently head first,the helmet just broke in half and well,i guess u can imagine,but i can never find out the full story or what else and how it happened as my dad doesnt wanna speak bout it.
it's very sad.. my dad's brother was riding his bicycle when he was 15 or so, and he was hit by a car and died.. i was only 3 when it happened, so i don't remember too much.. all i remember is seeing my father cry, and that was the last and only time i saw him do that
Old 06-30-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
666fast
Regular User

I've only seen two bike wrecks in my life. The other one I know about but didn't see involved a friend who died. He tried to pass a car and was moving damn fast. My friends said he had to be going over 100mph and slammed head on into a full dressed Harley. He was in the hospital but was only alive becuase of the life support. His parents made the decision to pull the plug. It was for the best. He was a great guy but he made the wrong decision.

Another friend got cutoff by some dipshit kid in his Camaro, my friend either had to hit the Camaro or try to get around a very sharp corner. He went for the corner not knowing there was still a lot of sand down. This was just after winter, so that is why the sand is there. He went down and slid a bit, luckily he only got a few scrapes and bruises.

Another one was by a guy I don't know. My last job was a 2 minute walk from where I lived so I never drove to work, walking was easier and cheaper.
Anyway, this guy comes up a street with a 40mph speed limit but everyone speeds there, I'd say he was doing a good 60mph. A car pulled out in front of him and he didn't have a chance of swerving or brakeing at all. He clipped the front end and went flying. he must have flown 30 feet and then rolled to a stop. I saw him a few days later while at work (gas station), he had his arm in a cast with a bunch of metal things sticking out of his arm. He broke his arm and tore a few muscles. Lucky guy, he could have been seriously hurt.

Just the other day I saw a dead person on the highway. Me and friends were going to the lake to do some wakeboarding when we come up on a bunch of cops and ambulances. All you see is this guy on the ground with a sheet over his face. I'm pretty sure he was a bum. I don't know how he died, but it's still sad.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:51 PM   #9
Anonymous

I saw my good friend T-bone a 1 Ton Chevy dually pickup when he was doing close to 150 I'd estimate. Fucking guy turned in front of Pat, the truck driver told me he didnt even see him although he did see me way behind (I took off a bit after Pat, I wanted to gawk at the cute gurls we were trying to impress with our blast out of the shopping center) Pat slammed into the rear wheel aera of the big chevy and lifted the truck off the ground a good foot and spun it around almost twice, he luckily flew over the empty bed of the truck landed a 100 feet or so down the road and looked dead... blood coming out of him everywhere! He lived! Got a broken leg, arm, shoulder dislocated and massive amounts of rash.... I saw him a couple weeks later at a bike shop on crutches buying a new bike!!! Fuckin nutter bought a GSXR 1000 he wrecked on a F4 600 Honda.
He bought the Gixxer 1k cause he said He wants to be like me... I asked him what.... you wanna be a nut too?? He laffed and said no, "You do Bitchen Wheelies!!" I laffed so fuckin hard I dam near puked!!! Today we still use that You do bitchen wheelies as a insiders joke LOL
Old 07-01-2003, 12:21 AM   #10
Johns
Regular User

I had a problem one time where a biker cut me off but I did not see him, luckily I wasnt going to change lanes, otherwise he'd be superman. Some of u riders have to understand that when u do crazy shit like weave in and out of traffic, sometimes we cant see u cus ur tooo small and fast so ride safe, thats a reason why I dont get a bike 8)
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:34 AM   #11
Anonymous

Its a Documented Fact that 99% of accidents involving a bike and a car that its generally the Tin Coffins FAULT...... You Coffin Jockeys need to put the fuckin cell phone down, stop eating that shit, and pour that fucking scalding coffee on your crotch and wake the fuck up and drive your goddam heaps of shit properly. You are NOT the only person on the road.......
Old 07-01-2003, 02:05 AM   #12
novass
Regular User

damn, you see, i got no problem with a bike and i would love to have one, its just all those other morons out there

ive got 3 bad stories about bikes...

first off, my brother crashed a bike trying to avoid some kids running across the street. he swerved, hit some loose stuff and layed the bike down sliding 120ft or so into a metal phone box crushing his pancreas making him a diabetic for the rest of his life.

i used to work on Melrose street at a shoe store that had two stores a couple of blocks apart and i would sometimes have to run things back and forth. once i saw a car pull out from the curb and go to make a u-turn across 4 lanes and a bike with 2 people on it t-boned the car sending the two flying. it happened less then 20ft from me. i didnt know what to do, i just dialed 911 and ran to stop traffic, but it was fuckin horrible.

the worst was when i was going to a punk show with some friends in one of their off-road style trucks, and a guy on a bike went inbetween us and another car at an average speed. the other car didnt see him and clipped him tryin to cut us off sending the guy and his bike under our car. that was the only time ive seen this guy cry was when this happened. he still doesnt like to talk about even tho it really wasnt his fault, but still it was pretty tragic. i dont know what happened to the guy b/c one of the cops took us to the station shortly after he had gotten there.

crap now im all depressed....

EDIT: ill get the pic from my mom of my brother, if i remember. it was a day or two after the accident, but his face is so messed up its horrible. BTW if i sound kind of blase about this its because i was young, about 7-8 (he is 11yrs older than me) and being a big brother he played it off like it was nothing so being naive i believed him. now that im older i realize its still something that effects his life but he is a strong person so hes made us all deal with it well.

man, i feel like im talkin to shrink, how much is this gonna cost me?
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:35 AM   #13
Anonymous

...ahhh don't be all depressed novass.... just go to http://kitty-killers.no-ip.com the pic on the front page outta make ya laff!!! LooLz
Old 07-01-2003, 05:10 AM   #14
novass
Regular User

thanks Krazy, that pic is funny as hell...
novass is offline   Reply With Quote