Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 AM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SCarrier11
JOLIET, Ill. -- Why would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville -- and likely take a pay cut in the process? Montoya, who won the Indianapolis 500 in 2000, will try to translate his open-wheel success to NASCAR.

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year.

"It's not how many millions you're making or how much money you're making," Montoya said at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. "It's a matter of, three years down the line, are you going to be excited at what you're doing or not? And three years down the line, when I look at my career, I'll be a lot happier doing this."
Says likely - not will.. so it is just as unlikely he will - NASCAR has no salary caps and in fact most all NASCAR payouts (salary, endorsements and contingency monies) are kept very confidential.

It is said only the Team Owners, Drivers and the IRS know the enormous amount these guys collect in total...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #32
nickthaskater

So if it's so secretive and confidential, how do you justify yourself running on and on about how they're paid more?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 AM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
So if it's so secretive and confidential, how do you justify yourself running on and on about how they're paid more?
Uhm - by using the very resources you didn't bother to...

try say a google search on F1 salaries...

then a google search on NASCAR salaries.

And how is it you justify yourself running on and on about what you do?

Thanks God the interweb is a pull and not a push technology... I can close the web browser when I want.... *close*
Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 AM   #34
coloradosilver
Regular User

JPM said in the news confrence this morning that he would NOT be making as much in NASCAR as he would have in F1. It may not be in the news article, but I saw it live this morning and thats what he said.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #35
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by RC45

Thanks God the interweb is a pull and not a push technology... I can close the web browser when I want.... *close*
If you would bother reading, you would've seen that I already searched for Formula 1 salaries, and even found the very listing that you posted, upon all of which I based my responses, along with my prior knowledge on the subject.

As for NASCAR, I found Jeff Gordon's, who is of course one of the very top drivers of the sport, so his salary would be a fairly good base for a high end one. I've also found details on Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s salary from around the time he passed, which was speculated to be around 7-10 million based on various facts (no concrete answer however). And providing you have half a clue about anything regarding the subject, you would know that he was probably the modern NASCAR benchmark prior to Jeff Gordon, as far as payment goes.

So really, you're the one who's just pulling things out of his ass for the sake of arguing, and I'm the one presenting factual evidence and logical answers.

And thank god is right, it's about time you closed it.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 AM   #36
RC45
Regular User

If you would bother reading, you would've seen that I already searched for Formula 1 salaries, and even found the very listing that you posted, upon all of which I based my responses, along with my prior knowledge on the subject.

As for NASCAR, I found Jeff Gordon's, who is of course one of the very top drivers of the sport, so his salary would be a fairly good base for a high end one. I've also found details on Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s salary from around the time he passed, which was speculated to be around 7-10 million based on various facts (no concrete answer however). And providing you have half a clue about anything regarding the subject, you would know that he was probably the modern NASCAR benchmark prior to Jeff Gordon, as far as payment goes.

So really, you're the one who's just pulling things out of his ass for the sake of arguing, and I'm the one presenting factual evidence and logical answers.

And thank god is right, it's about time you closed it.
ANd of course you know that the salary is only one aspect - but why not - you of course must be right.

Afterall - if I don't know the answer, then you MUST know it.

I mean - it's other my view or yours tahts correct.

Right?

Whats it feel like to win an intardnet argument?

But you haven't really won as you haven't concretely shown that Formula 1 drivers on average earn more than NASCAR drivers.

All you have done is tried to push your opinion on the matter.

And somehow we should note that YOUR opinion counts more thasn mine - right?

I love how people "argue" online.

You haven't proven your own opinion any more thanh you disproved mine.

And not to worry - once Jean Montazuma gets that all important Tequila endorsement he'll be pulling in an extra $2 million a month

Prove me worng
Old 07-10-2006, 03:43 AM   #37
nickthaskater

So much for closing it RC.

And yes, I know salary is one aspect, but it's the aspect I've been discussing since the beginning, not all of the other bonuses for races, endorsements, etc. since it would be next to impossible to even begin finding out details on those matters.

As for 'winning', I never said I had won anything, but I was at least looking at the facts rather than just running around going on about how NASCAR drivers earn more on average. You talk about concrete, well what I have shown can at least be the framing, you on the other hand haven't shown dick all other than some stats from 4 years ago for Formula 1, which I have already repeatedly commented on.

I have looked around to find the NASCAR drivers' salaries, and have come up with only the most popular (being Earnhardt and Gordon), from which I formed an assumption. With the maximum in NASCAR seeming to be in the 10-15 million dollar range, I highly doubt the overall average is higher than Formula 1, where you have multiple drivers making in excess of the NASCAR range-topping 15 million.

Finally, I have not said or implied that my words mean any more than yours, but a fact is a fact, so you can assume whatever else you want from there, but those facts remain.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:55 AM   #38
RC45
Regular User

I have looked around to find the NASCAR drivers' salaries, and have come up with only the most popular (being Earnhardt and Gordon), from which I formed an assumption. With the maximum in NASCAR seeming to be in the 10-15 million dollar range, I highly doubt the overall average is higher than Formula 1, where you have multiple drivers making in excess of the NASCAR range-topping 15 million.

Finally, I have not said or implied that my words mean any more than yours, but a fact is a fact, so you can assume whatever else you want from there, but those facts remain.
Facts? You just admit to assuming and forming an opinoin.

Your "facts" are no more "fact" than ,my "facts".

I highly doubt that Formula 1 drivers on average - on average - on average earn more than NASCAR drivers do on average.

Salary schmalary.

You just feel the need to defend Formula 1 because you hate NASCAR so much
Old 07-10-2006, 03:56 AM   #39
HeilSvenska
Regular User

As a NASCAR fan, I am thoroughly disturbed.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:23 AM   #40
nickthaskater

Facts? You just admit to assuming and forming an opinoin.

Your "facts" are no more "fact" than ,my "facts".

I highly doubt that Formula 1 drivers on average - on average - on average earn more than NASCAR drivers do on average.

Salary schmalary.

You just feel the need to defend Formula 1 because you hate NASCAR so much
The facts I was referring to would clearly be the salaries I listed you daft old fart.

And once again, if you would get off your bitter horse and learn to read, you would know that I rather enjoy NASCAR. I have been a NASCAR fan long before I was ever introduced to Formula 1 as a matter of fact. I grew up in a NASCAR-loving household, have been to several Cup races, and have quite a bit of memorabilia.

You really should have just stuck to your speech about closing the window, it would've done a lot more good than coming back and trying to 'win' an e-argument.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #41
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

When I first heard the news I started laughing I mean, moving from F1 to NASCAR has got to be the worst demotion possible in motor-racing!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:11 AM   #42
nickthaskater

Worst demotion? He chose to do it, and turned down a ride at Williams to pursue it. It's hardly something horrible when you're doing something that makes you happy, and Juan Pablo hasn't seemed this happy in a long time.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 AM   #43
dingo
Regular User

Why should we care? If he is happy with it then good for him, whether we think its the wrong move is irrelevant.

Its a new challenge for him, simple as that.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:16 AM   #44
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Worst demotion? He chose to do it, and turned down a ride at Williams to pursue it. It's hardly something horrible when you're doing something that makes you happy, and Juan Pablo hasn't seemed this happy in a long time.
Doing it out of his own will doesn't change the fact that he switched to a form of motor-racing which is at least 5 levels below F1.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #45
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Why should we care? If he is happy with it then good for him, whether we think its the wrong move is irrelevant.

Its a new challenge for him, simple as that.
You can't call it a "new challenge" considering he hasn't even finished with his current challenge of actually accomplishing anything in F1 What hes really doing is giving up

Edit: And I don't really blame him, as he just doesn't have the finesse needed in F1. Hes too much of a latin brute