Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Audi TT
subzero 9 6.92%
cool 60 46.15%
uncool 30 23.08%
seriously uncool 31 23.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #31
gucom
Regular User

hrmmm...
i didnt like it at first, found it ugly, and its not as good a sportscar as it could be...and lots of ********s driving it... but ive started to like it lately, so i'll just give it a cool... :roll:
Old 11-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #32
topgeartom
Regular User

Even after all those years and all those examples on our roads (especially here in the UK) its still an effortlessly cool car.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #33
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

say what you want... it's still cool

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #34
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
WTF. why is this in "seriously uncool" now? the votes don't add up that way. that's not cool.
ill tell you whats pretty funny; you said it was supposed to be a porsche originally :arrow: mabey since people concider porsches uncool (cirtainly not me lol) then this gets it automatically

personally Jeremy'ing a few cars i concider uncool would be the way to go unfortunately im not the Jeremy in this case
Old 12-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #35
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I just don't like how closely it resembles the beetle. and it's numbers are horrid. uncool for me.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #36
EvoqSixteen

WTF. why is this in "seriously uncool" now? the votes don't add up that way. that's not cool.
We 'jeremied' a few cars to test the new display part that shows all modified results, BUT, we did take those jeremy results from the real Top Gear coolwall so as not to be unfair about it
Old 12-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #37
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by nthfinity
ill tell you whats pretty funny; you said it was supposed to be a porsche originally :arrow: mabey since people concider porsches uncool (cirtainly not me lol) then this gets it automatically

personally Jeremy'ing a few cars i concider uncool would be the way to go unfortunately im not the Jeremy in this case

Speaking of that...why would Porsche want a FWD-biased AWD, engine way-out-in-front, Golf based car again? (That is what the TT is right?)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #38
Erez
Regular User

^ agreed

Old 12-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #39
FER355

and this "jeremy-ing" stuff is utter bullshit.....i'm sorry, but there's no need to imitate the TV show exactly....i think JW members have enough credibility to decide stuff......and the TT is not "seriously uncool"......fuck that.
the ridiculous amount of subzero votes for any and every car just prove you're right :roll:
Old 12-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #40
Anonymous

Originally Posted by sentra_dude

Speaking of that...why would Porsche want a FWD-biased AWD, engine way-out-in-front, Golf based car again? (That is what the TT is right?)
Porsche didn't just want the car...they wanted it BAD. Audi essentially fukt them over to get the car. Like i said, i'll tell the full story at a later time. it is quite interesting.

and this "jeremy-ing" stuff is utter bullshit.....i'm sorry, but there's no need to imitate the TV show exactly....i think JW members have enough credibility to decide stuff......and the TT is not "seriously uncool"......fuck that.
Not that you are biased or anything Nobody said it was permanent, although I would think it will be now
Old 12-03-2005, 05:06 PM   #41
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Although the car looks great, in terms of the design it resembles too much the 911; this is not a problem for me though....the problem is that i havent heard very good opinion about its attitude on the road....like the car has so much grip that its driving sensations make the car boring to be driven......as long as it doesnt give the genuine´s Audi quattro´s sensations it wont be voted as cool
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:49 AM   #42
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by sentra_dude

Porsche didn't just want the car...they wanted it BAD. Audi essentially fukt them over to get the car. Like i said, i'll tell the full story at a later time. it is quite interesting.
I'd be interested to read that, and find out why Porsche would want that kind of car, it seems to go against their sports-car philosophy (but then again so does the Cayenne. :roll

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:07 AM   #43
Erez
Regular User

well porsche was in a bad financial point.. and look at them now.. the worlds most profitable car company.. so the cayenne and boxster proved to be good moves.. maybe we all hate the fact that they whored out and made an SUV.. but it better then porsche been gone..

Old 12-14-2005, 12:14 AM   #44
raphaelws

uncool, the design looks more promising than the engine!!