Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Global Warming
Regular User

Default Help promote Rally Racing in the USA!

Hey guys,
With all the World Cup stuff going on I wanted to post a thread about Rally Racing. Like soccer Rally Racing has been popular in Europe, England, South America, Australia, etc for many many decades. I personally would much rather see Rally Racing take off in the USA than Soccer. And if you thought Americans didn’t know anything about soccer you should ask some people if they even know what Rally Racing is! Most would have no idea. Well believe it or not there is Rally Racing in the USA. The next event is in 4 days in West Virginia. Please check out the Rally West Virginia website - http://www.rallywestvirginia.net/

Plus there are 3 more Rally events in the USA coming in July in Minnesota, California, and Maine! Here is a full list of the years Rally events in the USA and Canada - http://www.rallyracingnews.com/2006rallyschedule.html If any of you live near any of these events you should think about going because it would probably be a GREAT time and help promote a sport that is virtually unknown in the USA today.

Say NO to soccer and YES to Rally!!
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Cool! I'll surely help as much as I can to promote Rally in the US.

Too bad this event is too far, I would love to attend.

I'd love to race in a rally but I'm afraid it's too expensive for me..
Old 06-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

bah - if these guys want commercial success, then they need to pony up the sponsorship and self-paid promotion - why should "fans" do the leg-work for no pay-out?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Because with out fans you don't have anyone for the sponsers to advertise too...
Old 06-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Because with out fans you don't have anyone for the sponsers to advertise too...
Actually - you can "create" a fan base and a support network... just ask NASCAR...

You don't get the advertisers if you don't have fans.. however, you only get the big fan numbers with promotion - and promotion takes big dollars.. and big dollars need big advertisers.

Again, just ask NASCAR
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

heh, yeah of course. I totally agree these Rally Organizations should promote themselves on a much bigger scale. It's such an amazing and exciting motorsport I'm sure if they put in some money and effor they could grab a bunch of peoples attention.

From what I remember NASCAR has always had a fanbase.. I just never really paid attention to it and all of a sudden it became the biggest money making motorsport in the world..

If only Rally didnt have to spend all their money on repairs
Old 06-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #7
Global Warming
Regular User

I am personally going to try to go to the Prescott Rally in Prescott Arizona, in October. It should be an incredibly beautiful venue that’s perfect for Rally!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
Global Warming
Regular User

I wonder what the best way is to help Rally gain in popularity here? I’m sure there is rally coverage on the Speed Channel but what about ESPN? The other day ESPN 2 was showing an international dominos tournament!! WTF?? If they are that desperate for something to show, that is not even really a sport, dominos is a game, then you would think they could cover a few Rally races!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 PM   #9
666fast
Regular User

I went to the Ojibwe Forest Rally here in Minnesota, it was an complete waste of time and money. I started a thread for it, go and search for it if you want to know how I felt about it. I won't attend another rally unless it's a WRC event.
BTW, the ProRally (or whatever it's called these days) is aired on Outdoor Life Network. It is here anyway.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
dannyroz
Regular User

Wasnt their a rumor of WRC doing an even in the catskills, ny?

Go Rally Racing!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

^^ That's fucked up. I can believe it though..

What's wrong with American society!?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #12
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
you know, when SCCA was in charge of Rallying in the US the fans ruined it for Rallying. to many damn law suits of people suing cause they got hurt while viewing the rally.
They weren't hurt, they were killed.
Even the WRC has events cancelled and whole groups of racing banned due to spectator deaths. Spectator deaths are unacceptable any way you look at it.