Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #16
jorge
Regular User

I think 1.11 is too optimistic, but IMO the Veyron will be faster than everything else
Old 12-12-2005, 06:09 PM   #17
martin100
Regular User

I think it could do 1:15 ot 1:16 easily, maby even better.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:16 AM   #18
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Or maybe they didn`t put the lap time because the Veyron didn`t manage to break Zonda`s time

Just think about it , you have the worlds most powerfull bla bla bla car , the temptation would be enourms to see what it can do on the track
Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 AM   #19
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
It's too heavy, the Top gear track is mostly focused on cornering rather than top end speed. I think it will be amongst the fastest cars, but probably not 1rst.
I can't believe that when a Ford GT manages a better time than a GT3RS and a 360 Stradale - you cant tell me the Ford is a better handler

A couple of heavy cars have made it into the top couple (SLR, Murcielago, Ford GT) so I wouldnt be surprised the Veyron blows away the competition. Im with Komotar, probably about a second on the Zonda.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:19 AM   #20
Cheeky Cockney
Regular User

There bound to put a time up for it.

Remember the Merc CL65, they didn't put up a time for that straight away, we had to wait 2 episode's for that one, and that car's time wasn't as good as the team foght it might have been.

So even if the Veyron didn't beat the Zonda F's time, im confident that there will be one.

There was a veyron in the studio wasn't there!, im guessing it did the lap on that day and the editiing foooage wasn't done.

About the cars time, im pretty sure it could go to the very top.
Cheeky Cockney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:58 AM   #21
DeMoN
Regular User

I was having a discussion about this with my friend. Being that it weighs over 2 tons, I dont think it can beat the Zonda.

While we are on this subject, is it now 100% certain that it will do a 0-60 of 2.5? I cant, to this day, believe it can.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:03 AM   #22
911GT1
Regular User

Assuming all the conditions are met, I think it can do 0-60 in 2.5sec. But in the hand of a regular joe, more like 3sec flat.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 AM   #23
KramRS2
Regular User

I am sure it can.

See this: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34489
Old 12-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 911GT1
Assuming all the conditions are met, I think it can do 0-60 in 2.5sec. But in the hand of a regular joe, more like 3sec flat.
in the Mitsu-evo, and WRX STi... the fastest ways to 60mph is full throttle clutch drop...

I'd assume the Veyrons AWD system is designed to repeat its launch quite some times (mabey 20-50?) exactly the same with all of the veyrons automation.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #25
martin100
Regular User

Look at the launch video and you will believe it can do 2.5 sec to 60 thanks to it´s very own launch control.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:50 PM   #26
DeMoN
Regular User

Well then I'd love to experience 2.5! Thats the fastest 0-60 right?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #27
Gilles27
Regular User

In the same page at Autodrome Cannes where they noticed the Zonda F lap appears this fragment of test. I want to know what is talking about. Well I extract some words that catch my eye.
Veyron + Top Gear track + Mansell !!
Please any french speaker here!!

A noter que l'émission suivante présentait la Veyron sur un long essai depuis l'Italie jusqu'à Londres en passant par la France et la Suisse. Etrangement, la Veyron n'a pas été chronométrée sur la piste de Top Gear ... Pourtant, l'ancien Champion de F1 Nigel Mansell était l'invité de la semaine, une bonne occasion de chronométrer la voiture. Mais le seul chrono que Mansell effectua fut au volant d'une auto de tourisme. Ainsi les commentaires se limitèrent aux chiffres fournis par VW. Pas de mesure de vitesse de pointe ni d'accélération... Vraiment surprenant, pour ne pas dire révélateur.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #28
Darkel
Regular User

That Babelfish translation is quite OK for once

Quite weird, especially when you remember their Enzo review (they had to wait years to got one but tested it properly), VAG probably didn't agree as expected ...

Well, we'll have to wait one more week to be sure, if the car was actually tested I don't think Mansell was at the wheel (what about the Stig who drove every single car they had then)
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:48 AM   #29
crayzayjay
Regular User

It's official. The Veyron did not lap the TG test track.

From yesterday's Sunday Times Driving section:

Bugatti that ran on empty

Viewers of Top Gear last weekend may have wondered why the Stig did not put the Bugatti Veyron through its paces. With a top speed of 252mph, it could have set a new record for the TG track.
Unfortunately the model featured on the show wasnt quite so nippy. The £800,000 supercars are so hard to come by, the producers had to make do with a dummy model.

Underneath its much-admired exterior was nothing but, er, hot air.
"We couldnt get a real one for the show", admitted Jeremy Clarkson. "But we hope to get the Stig to test one on the TG track in the spring."
Of course the Veyron that Clarkson raced across France, against his fellow presenters in a plane, was for real.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:51 AM   #30
Anonymous

bugger, still something to look forward too in the new season in May