Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-29-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Default GT4 Cheat-spec oops i mean B-spec

why did they include this feature, (ok it's cool ect.) but i think you should be made to do at least half the race on you're own or complete the whole race before you 'unlock' b-spec mode. it requires no skill, i set it before i go to bed and wake up with $750 000.00

i mean sure it's up to me not to use it, but im always busy, if i can set up my PS2 and come back with a F1 car, im going to do it, because im to busy to sit infrount of the ring for 24 hours.

this feature has ruined the endurance races for me personally..

anyone else as lazy or me, or do you people have some discipline and are able to actually do the races..

or you agree it's a stupid feature in the wrong hands..
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #2
mindgam3
Regular User

lol, you answered you're own question really.

It's a good feature IMO for those who can't be arsed n dont have the time to play as much....

If you don't like it, don't use it, simple as that
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

It's the right feature in the right hands, and it's a not used feature in the wrong hands. I am in between, the milage of B-Spec is almost the same as milage I done on my own.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Not enough time to read all of the posts btu if ya hate it dont use it. BTW I guess they put it in there for people who dont have enough skills but are still a car guy or gal that want to test out the Zonda at the ring or something you know?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

The fact that the enduros don't run into the night AND they have included B-Spec and AI drivers that can't stop, turn or pass you without ramming you into the Armco should answer your quesitons Beav...

We expected too much - after 4 years and all the hype... we expected too much.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

i totally agree... but i have never gotten myself to do the endurance races in GT3 so its a nice little feature for GT4...

but i do not think ANYONE (ie RC45) :shock: should be complaining about the performace of the b-spec computer driver. ITS A RACING GAME. YOU. RACE.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
i totally agree... but i have never gotten myself to do the endurance races in GT3 so its a nice little feature for GT4...

but i do not think ANYONE (ie RC45) :shock: should be complaining about the performace of the b-spec computer driver. ITS A RACING GAME. YOU. RACE.
Well - even in REAL LIFE Racing, endurance driving splits the driving duties between a number of drivers..

I am complaining about the OTHER drivers ont he track.

How would you feel, 20 laps into the LeMan 24 hours, screaming down the Mulsanne, you lift off the throttle, feed a bit of opposite lock in to quell the over steer, brake hard... hold it - hold it... steady, down shift... 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 --- counter steer... steady... 2....

******BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM***************

The AI piloted car in second place behind you just rams into you at about 100mph sending both of you into the dirt... as 3,4 and 5 pass you up.

This is the reality of how bad GT4 is when you try race with the AI drivers.

I like to tune my cars to let me race WITH the other cars for the whole race - makes it fun and realistic - but then pathetic AI forces me to mod my car so I can get waaaaaayyyyy ahead of them... just so they won't ram me into the dirt at the end of each lap....
Old 03-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #8
mitsucars

I think it's expecting a bit much that the game would be able to have truly intelligent AI drivers with the limited processing power of the PS2
Old 03-29-2005, 04:51 PM   #9
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
We expected too much - after 4 years and all the hype... we expected too much.
Yeah thats 500% true man! But lets just wait till the PS3 comes out! It is suppposed to be better than the Xbox 2 so it means better graphics, More cars, more tracks and have to wait 8 years for the game to come out rather than 4! Aight now I need to go back to the beach and see some tits.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
I think it's expecting a bit much that the game would be able to have truly intelligent AI drivers with the limited processing power of the PS2
So much for the "Ultimate Driving Simulator" then...
Old 03-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #11
tigerx
Regular User

you can always press pause and not let the AI do the race when you sleep, and do the race when you wake up.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #12
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

ehh.. yes the AI sucks. its horrible even. fuckin assholes keep ramming into you.

but b-spec it self is a different story..

take it easy RC, im just playin
Old 03-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
ehh.. yes the AI sucks. its horrible even. fuckin assholes keep ramming into you.

but b-spec it self is a different story..

take it easy RC, im just playin
Damn straight we're just playing.. --- if you can call closing on a 90 degree corner at 4 miles a minute.. playing...
Old 03-29-2005, 09:24 PM   #14
coloradosilver
Regular User

Even when my car is in B-Spec----Even when I have th "overtake" option selected, my own car will drive up and ram the computer car hard from behind before going around them like he should have in the 1st place. Whats that about?
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Dan\/6
So much for the "Ultimate Driving Simulator" then...
Key word fellas, "limited processing power", it can be fun and all but that PS2 can neither run a sofisticated physics model nor intelligent AI.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote