Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 01-20-2005, 04:56 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

The car set in Forza is way more interesting than the million Japanese variants of the same thing in GT4.

I just might buy a XBox for this game....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #17
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
bmagni I dont think its really necessary to post real life pics of the cars in the game, as 99% of people here know what they all look like anyway.. perhaps you can edit those out and just leave the game shots
i didnt post em...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #18
sheruken
Regular User

Yes, bmagni didnt post em. Please take off the real pictures and just leave the INGAME shots. They're much more interesting. And could someone be kind enough to organize it like PimpRacer did in the GT4 thread.
Anyway my only complain about this game is the graphics are just too clean to make it feel real. Well thats a great thing that they're clean and we can check the details very clearly, but it takes off the realistic feel from the game that the "other" game has in plenty. Well am basing my opinion on the pics and the demo I played. sorry if I am wrong. Though the curbs are just PERFECT ..
Old 01-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #19
FordGTGuy

the zonda pic deals with the game they used it to find damage.

no just j/king just some idiot hiiting something with a zonda.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:39 PM   #20
RPWR7

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by Dan\/6
bmagni I dont think its really necessary to post real life pics of the cars in the game, as 99% of people here know what they all look like anyway.. perhaps you can edit those out and just leave the game shots
i didnt post em...
sorry ... of course I meant FordGTGuy all that damn scrolling ops:
Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 PM   #21
5vz-fe
Regular User

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec-C (Japan) Forza Edition, what the hell is Forza Edition??
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 PM   #22
Pimp Racer
Regular User

LMAO!
Sorry for this huge quote but I just HAVE to do it! I mean it is funny as shit!
BTW I am not trying to say that GT4 or any game is better or worse then Forza I am just trying to say this is funny and a really really dumb mistake on the Microsoft peoples side! Once again please dont think I am trying to flame you Xbox owners or anything I am just pointing something out!

Each car in Forza Motorsport is modeled to accurately simulate real-life performance and will include a feature car enthusiasts have craved since the inception of video game driving simulators…damage. When gamers scrape the wall at more than 100 mph, the resulting damage will accurately affect the both the look and performance of their car – just like in real life.

LMAO!

THIS IS WHERE I GOT THE QUOTE FROM - http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7475/M...Motorsport/%22

QUOTE from a friend from another board -

If you scrape the wall at more than 100mph in real life, it's unlikely there will be enough left of your car to have the look and performance affected...

I am sorry for all the caps and all I just thought this was funny. BUT other then this I am sure it will be a great game.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:13 AM   #23
5vz-fe
Regular User

LOL.....Mr Gates sure know how to hire marketing ppl. Maybe Highwaysafety.org should conduct their crash test that way. Man, what a bunch of BS. Can't they just say something normal like "Car Damage Modeling" instead of that bunch of crap?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #24
bmagni
Regular User

LOL !!! i read it some days ago, really stupid.... hehehe

in PGR2 u can crash @ 200 mph and looks like u did @ 40
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #25
ikon2003
Regular User

^yeah i definitely noticed that.
i'm not sure what to think tho - cuz most crashes above 100mph would really just kill a car, which would ruin the game for many.

interesting info tho. i'm def gonna have to try the game tho - can't wait for some head to head comparisons tween gt4 and forza.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #26
FordGTGuy

the damage level on Forza can be changed in 10 different levels. yes your car will go but thats just how itis maybe you should think before making it like that in the game you play online or anything.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:04 AM   #27
OVERLORD_CHRIS
Regular User

It will be nice if the put the newst version of the CC8 in there, and the new TT Sallen S7. Guy at the store was trying to tell me that GT4 is better, they don't even have near the amount of cool cars like Forza.
OVERLORD_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 AM   #28
Vansquish
Regular User

Well...despite the fact that the poly-count is high and the textures are very smooth for the cars, the game looks a little artificial. The reflections are too prominent, the proportions on some of the cars are wrong and the colors are a bit too vivid...not to mention the scenery is a little too....hmmm, perfect I guess? I'm sure it'll be wonderful, but I'm a GT man at heart, so it's on that which I'll spend my money hehehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:29 AM   #29
OVERLORD_CHRIS
Regular User

aside from all the flaws of GT i realy have nothing aginst it, it's just not that fun.
I don't car how much money you pump into a Handa Accord, it will not beat a Viper GTS, like it did on the first game, just becuase it was lighter, and more nimble.
And the 3rd one made the Mercedes DTM car perform like ass. The Paganie was slow tell you won the 2nd one that was way faster. The rally part was puer ass! And most RWD cars hadled like crap on that game, unless it was light high powered Supara or some thing. So hopefuly they fix this stuff in the 4th game
OVERLORD_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:54 AM   #30
Vansquish
Regular User

Well maybe that's the problem I have...I'm not looking for "fun" in racing games, I'm looking for realism.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote